Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    i really love the illustration because of its simplicity
    Exactly the reason I really like it as well.
    Plus the fact there's only a human hand -not a whole body. Those are the ones that just don't look right. At least, to me they don't.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Not sure if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I seem to find myself, at least for horror titles, enjoying the black and white art more than the color. Maybe it's from growing up on the old black and white monster movies??
      True!
      I didn't grow up on the old(er) black and white horror flicks, but heard about them from my dad (who did) and now I've a huge b/w collection. Some of those (Universal!!) look just amazing. Much more so than what we see these days.

sk
      Last edited by frik51; 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Not sure if it's just because I'm getting older or what, but I seem to find myself, at least for horror titles, enjoying the black and white art more than the color. Maybe it's from growing up on the old black and white monster movies??

Well I'm 25 soon and I love black & white illustrations too, they ooze class!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Exactly the reason I really like it as well.
          Plus the fact there's only a human hand -not a whole body. Those are the ones that just don't look right. At least, to me they don't.

sk
          I wouldn't exactly call that a "human hand".

John

Comment

Dark Voices vol 3 - Forever & Father and Son - Ketchum

Comment

The Saga of Lake Tahoe; a Complete Documentation of Lake Tahoe's Development Over the Last One Hundred Years, Vol I and II, by Edward B. Scott.

We just spent ten days out at Lake Tahoe, and I saw these books on sale for $65 each. I liked them , and found them used but mint on Amazon for $60 total.

I also bought Hell on Two Wheels: An Astonishing Story of Suffering, Triumph, and the Most Extreme Endurance Race in the World by Amy Snyder. I bought this one because I like cycling and it's a race I'd never heard of. Sounds interesting and got great reviews.

Finally, although not a book, I got Monty Python's Life Of Brian - The Immaculate Edition [Blu-ray]. I love this movie, and I'm looking forward to watching it again along with all the extra material.

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                I wouldn't exactly call that a "human hand".

John

sk

Comment

Alterd Carbon and game of thrones.

HPIM1359.jpgHPIM1357.jpgHPIM1359.jpgHPIM1357.jpg

Two nice additons today. Altered Carbon Richard Morgan. A real favorite. So much good about the whole Takeshi Kovacs series. Not a big fan of his Steele Fantasy seires though. Game of Thrones Martin, published by Harper/Voyager. Ordered the whole set from Amazon UK. Looks and feels expensive with the slipcase, but really reasonable and dealing with the UK site was super easy. Shipping wasn't crazy either. I'm pleased with the product. Maybe one day I'll hit the lottery and spend $8,000.00 on the MM/Subterranean set......Nah.HAHAHA! Hope everyne is recovering from Irene. The lights are coming back on!
                  Mike

Comment

Very, very nice, Mike!!

A Game of Thrones, unfortunately, is temporarily (I hope) out of stock. Now why didn't I order it when I could?
                    Instead, I pre-ordered A Clash of Kings...with more to follow.

sk

Comment

frik, I'm selling my AGoT. It's practically brand-new. I only took it out to take some quick & dirty pics. PM me if you're interested. I'm just asking MSRP+shipping.

Be warned, though, that this is NOT the "deluxe" edition many hoped for. There've been a lot of complaints about it on Westeros, including a negative post from me. I just want you to be fully informed before investing in this set.
                      The angry book collector.
                      www.awfulbooks.com

Comment

I would say you're right. It's not "Deluxe", leather or faux anything. But a nice compromise for some of the expensive editions out there. And they'll look pretty good on the shelf once they're all done. I hope.
                        Liked your site. MDH

Comment

Originally posted by fleggett View Post
                          frik, I'm selling my AGoT. It's practically brand-new. I only took it out to take some quick & dirty pics. PM me if you're interested. I'm just asking MSRP+shipping.

Be warned, though, that this is NOT the "deluxe" edition many hoped for. There've been a lot of complaints about it on Westeros, including a negative post from me. I just want you to be fully informed before investing in this set.
                          Thanks for the info and your honesty.
                          I'm sure Amazon will get new copies.
                          If not, I'll know where to find you!

sk

Comment

Nice new additions!

Comment

Man, I really gotta buy something so I can post in here. Been way too long...

Comment

I should have another piece of artwork up in a few hours, its a painting of Annabel the dog done by Alex McVey

Comment

Working...
                                X