Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic addition to your collection!

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
    I've been anxiously waiting for the arrival of two of my most expensive book purchases ever. The first arrived earlier today courtesy of Camelot Books.

I'm absolutely floored by just how mammoth this set is. I honestly expected six tiny hard back, but nope. Subterranean Press really went all out with this set. While I'll always adore my Stealth Press omnibus, I think this is the definitive presentation for these six books.

Now I'm just left waiting for another huge box from Centipede Press...

Comment

Wow!!!! Very nice set. I would love to get my hands on something like that. Big fan of Barker, and I am going to try to get the Books of Blood in some form or another soon.

Comment

TJ you can have mine if you'd like for the cost of shipping. It's the Barnes and Noble omnibus edition containing volumes 1 - 3 only, but it's hardcover and in pretty good shape. I'm going to guess that it's probably cheaper to find a copy up there if you're in Canada, but it's yours if you want it - just send me a PM.

SAM_0218.JPG
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my Books of Blood purchase. Today another massive box showed up, this time from Jerad at Centipede Press.

This was another huge book purchase for me (up until now the most I've spent on a book is $125), and I couldn't be happier with it. The slipcase is very snug, but that's okay. The paper stock is thick and heavy. The color reproduction for the art is simply beautiful. Really bright and colorful. I would have liked to get photos of a couple of the pieces, but the binding simply wouldn't co-operate. I can't wait to see how Centipede's edition of The Red Tree turns out!

Comment

The Drowning Girl looks beautiful! I am very very jealous! ☺ Congratulations on the addition to your collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
              Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my Books of Blood purchase. Today another massive box showed up, this time from Jerad at Centipede Press.

This was another huge book purchase for me (up until now the most I've spent on a book is $125), and I couldn't be happier with it. The slipcase is very snug, but that's okay. The paper stock is thick and heavy. The color reproduction for the art is simply beautiful. Really bright and colorful. I would have liked to get photos of a couple of the pieces, but the binding simply wouldn't co-operate. I can't wait to see how Centipede's edition of The Red Tree turns out!
              Stunning!

Comment

Great additions everyone. I also picked up They Thirst and the Books of Blood and they are amazing editions. Drowning Girl looks absolutely gorgeous. Centipede are always top notch.

Comment

My latest, acquired over a short period:

It CD unbound proof "2nd proof":

Picture from the proof:

Doctor Sleep unbound galley (the page looks wrinkled, but it's only because of the plastic bag):

Provenance for the CD Doctor Sleep unbound galley:

An original drawing by Glenn Chadbourne for the CD Doctor Sleep:

Thanks to the members here!

John

Comment

My latest:

The Dark Man unbound proof cover:

The Dark Man unbound proof copyright page:

The Dark Man unbound proof of one of the pages:

John

Comment

Very nice adds as usual.

Comment

Picked up one of my 'holy grail' books yesterday, after being on the lookout for it for years - the 1984 Hill House Press limited edition of Straub's 'Ghost Story', in fine/fine condition. Will post some pics when it arrives.
                        Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                          Picked up one of my 'holy grail' books yesterday, after being on the lookout for it for years - the 1984 Hill House Press limited edition of Straub's 'Ghost Story', in fine/fine condition. Will post some pics when it arrives.
                          Lincoln.
                          Congratulations! That is one heck of an addition to your collection! Look forward to seeing the pics!

Comment

Very nice! It's a beautiful book. Congrats on that one.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I just got back from B&N's Black Friday autographed book sale. There were a lot of them there (but not the 100's of authors the ad spoke of); nothing King-wise, but some popular authors like Janet Evanovich, David Mitchell (I might go back and get The Bone Clocks), Lee Child, Douglas Preston, Chuck Palahnuik. I passed those up. I picked a copy of the 10th ann. edition of American Gods. I have two signed copies, but this one was printed exclusively for B&N (thus it is a first printing); plus, it has two tip-in sig sheets--oops!--both signed. A lot of signed YA novels there that I passed up, too.

Then I picked up a copy of 41: A Portrait of my Father by President George W. Bush, autographed by his father.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                                Lincoln.
                                Very nice, congrats. Can't wait for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X