No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I preordered Spies and Saucers, the signed edition, from PS Publishing.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Ordered Keith Minnion's The Boneyard from Bad Moon Books before I went on vacation. Then late into my vacation I decided to check on my bank balance since I was finally getting a half decent cell reception and was VERY surprised to see a very large deposit of money that I wasn't expecting to get yet so I was able to also order The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss from Earthling Publications

Also ordered Ronald Malfi's The Mourning House for my Kindle Fire yesterday and Kealan Patrick Burke's Jack and Kill for the Kindle before I went on vacation using some of my Amazon gift card balance

Tomorrow my and my wife will be doing some much needed shopping for a new bed! If we get the bed that we are both leaning toward right now then we will be spending a very good amount of the money I got, though not nearly all of it Now I might be able to have book buying money on a regular basis again! Though I will likely be saving money to use for something like the next Cemetery Dance Book Club or something along those lines.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I will get around to taking pics, and posting them in my collection thread, but....

Went to my 2 favourite used book shops in town, and grabbed: pb of Gerald's Game, pb of The Engines of God (new condition) by Jack McDevitt, HC (new condition) of Daemon by Daniel Suarez, as well I am waiting for my p/b of The Algebraist by Iain M Banks to arrive.

Comment

My latest purchases were not books, but I am excited for them nonetheless! I checked my bank balance towards the end of my vacation when I finally had halfway decent of a connection with my phone and saw a large total thanks to a surprising deposit that was quite large (Which I found yesterday was my 16 month back-pay for social security which got approved late last month). The first thing I thought of when I saw that money was a new bed. Went shopping for that today and me and my wife agreed on getting this one. This isn't our actual bed, that will be delivered on Thursday, along with some very comfortable pillows and a new dresser to replace the cheap piece of crap that I'm using now that has been falling apart.

http://www.homfurniture.com/Online/H...djustable-Base
          Spoiler!

Comment

Be careful new beds can be dangerous! Or you could buy a copy of Salem's Lot and you could sleep on that. Congratulations only the Social Security thing.
            Last edited by mhatchett; 08-06-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Be careful new beds can be dangerous! Or you could buy a copy of Salem's Lot and you could sleep on that. Congratulations only the Social Security thing.
              Ha, the beds we tried out today were dangerous! The bed we have right now that we're giving to my wife's brother for one of his spare rooms feels even more firm than it used to! Thanks for the congrats, wasn't expecting to get it as fast as I did. Filed back in March, so I figured I'd have to wait until September or October at least to get a letter saying that I'd been denied and having to file an appeal, but got approved the first time. Hate that I need it, but not able to work. Luckily get VA benefits, too. Social Security is definitely not enough to live on by itself, that's for sure!
              Spoiler!

Comment

My latest:

Publisher's letter:

John

Comment

Awesome...... another nice proof to land! I am jealous.

Comment

Purchased the Audible edition of The Wendigo tonight
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      My latest purchases were not books, but I am excited for them nonetheless! I checked my bank balance towards the end of my vacation when I finally had halfway decent of a connection with my phone and saw a large total thanks to a surprising deposit that was quite large (Which I found yesterday was my 16 month back-pay for social security which got approved late last month). The first thing I thought of when I saw that money was a new bed. Went shopping for that today and me and my wife agreed on getting this one. This isn't our actual bed, that will be delivered on Thursday, along with some very comfortable pillows and a new dresser to replace the cheap piece of crap that I'm using now that has been falling apart.

http://www.homfurniture.com/Online/H...djustable-Base

LOL That sig of yours is priceless!!! Yeah, I'm a nosey fucker!! LOL
                      My Collection:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1958 View Post
                        LOL That sig of yours is priceless!!! Yeah, I'm a nosey fucker!! LOL
                        Glad you like it, lol! Seems to be pretty popular. Thinking of what to do for it next as I've left it as that for a while now.

As a side note, I have a shirt with that last line on it in small letters so you pretty much have to squint if you aren't right in front of it, lol. Had a college laugh at it and say if his daughter saw that shirt she'd definitely want it, lol.
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Wasn't planning to make a purchase of my own yesterday but when I was going through some of my save for later items on Amazon I discovered a copy of the CD Novella Series book Spree by Lucy Taylor at a price I couldn't pass up since I have the money. Now I just have to wait on it to get here and hope it is in the condition it is supposed to be in (Like New). Not really worried though as the seller has a very good rating
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Have won a couple of books from eBay recently. First was Laymon's The Woods are Dark and also won Garton's Vortex. So now that is 5 books that I have ordered recently. Feels good to finally have some money for books again! May bid on a couple more lower priced auctions, but going to cut myself off here soon to save money for the CD book club
                            Spoiler!

Comment

I have had so many books in my "cart" on places like Amazon, Thrift Books, AbeBooks and have had to remove them for the fact that I want to save some book $ for future purchases, and I look at my bookshelf at home and think how it's going to be possible to read those, plus the 60+ on my Kobo (approx 50 I have yet to read), plus the ones I find at the couple local used books shops....... it's amazing how fast they accumulate!

Comment

Ha, my saved for later section has close to 300 items, lol. Though not everything for me. There is books placed there by me and my wife, Blu-Ray movies for me, and other random thing for me and my wife. That saved later section is handy, helped me find the 2nd book of the CD Novella series cheap since the one I had originally put there was no longer available
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X