Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting find

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Interesting find

    I found a Cemetery Dance Publications book still in shrinkwrap and did purchase the book. It was a bargain and I am really enjoying a book by the same author I'm currently reading. I looked closer and found an older Cemetery Dance anthology also still in shrinkwrap so I'm tempted to buy the anthology too.

    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

    #2
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I found a Cemetery Dance Publications book still in shrinkwrap and did purchase the book. It was a bargain and I am really enjoying a book by the same author I'm currently reading. I looked closer and found an older Cemetery Dance anthology also still in shrinkwrap so I'm tempted to buy the anthology too.

    Cap
    The only time I have seen CD shrinkwrap a book was Blockade Billy, to keep the card in. Do these appear to have been shipped wrapped by CD or done later?

    Comment


      #3
      I don't know how I could tell Martin. You say you have only seen one CD book shrinkwrapped so I am guessing the shrinkwrap job was done later. This seems like a good question for Brian or Dan. ~Cap
      Originally posted by Martin View Post
      The only time I have seen CD shrinkwrap a book was Blockade Billy, to keep the card in. Do these appear to have been shipped wrapped by CD or done later?
      Last edited by c marvel; 11-17-2019, 10:24 PM. Reason: redid my reply to Martin
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        I don't know how I could tell Martin. You say you have only seen one CD book shrinkwrapped so I am guessing the shrinkwrap job was done later. This seems like a good question for Brian or Dan. ~Cap
        I would be leery of the shrinkwrap being adhered to the dustjacket.

        Comment


          #5
          How funny that you should mention that Martin. I had almost the same thought when looking at the book I wound up purchasing. ~Cap
          Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I would be leery of the shrinkwrap being adhered to the dustjacket.
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

          Comment


            #6
            What were the titles? I can only think of a handful of titles that have been shrink wrapped, 1st printing of Blockade Billy, Slipcased copies of The Dark Man, and all of the SK Gift Editions we released after IT I think. It's possible there was some early trade hardcovers that might have been shrink wrapped (from before I worked here), but if they're limited editions I can't imagine they would have been as our numbered limited editions are hand numbered here after the books have been printed, and we don't have the ability to shrink wrap books.
            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

            Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              What were the titles? I can only think of a handful of titles that have been shrink wrapped, 1st printing of Blockade Billy, Slipcased copies of The Dark Man, and all of the SK Gift Editions we released after IT I think. It's possible there was some early trade hardcovers that might have been shrink wrapped (from before I worked here), but if they're limited editions I can't imagine they would have been as our numbered limited editions are hand numbered here after the books have been printed, and we don't have the ability to shrink wrap books.
              Second Chance by Chet Williamson is the book I purchased. I can't remember the anthology's title, I'll have to look it up later. ~Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                Second Chance by Chet Williamson is the book I purchased. I can't remember the anthology's title, I'll have to look it up later. ~Cap
                That's a pretty old find. My guess is that was shrink wrapped by someone else. Those were hand numbered, so I find it really unlikely they were shipped from here shrink wrapped.
                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                Comment


                  #9
                  Other than the aforementioned BLOCKADE BILLY, I don't recall ever seeing a shrinkwrapped CD book...that's just not the way they ship their books. I have seen some a few examples where owners shrinkwrap their books in some misguided reasoning that it's preserving the book (as opposed to doing the opposite, where moisture may intrude and trap mildew and/or adheres the wrap to the dustjacket). I've also seen a few sellers on eBay doing that in the past, I suppose to pretend that these are brand-new, never read, minty fresh copies, not realizing that that's a sign to those in the know that it's clearly not, since CD doesn't send books out like that.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Other than the aforementioned BLOCKADE BILLY, I don't recall ever seeing a shrinkwrapped CD book...that's just not the way they ship their books. I have seen some a few examples where owners shrinkwrap their books in some misguided reasoning that it's preserving the book (as opposed to doing the opposite, where moisture may intrude and trap mildew and/or adheres the wrap to the dustjacket). I've also seen a few sellers on eBay doing that in the past, I suppose to pretend that these are brand-new, never read, minty fresh copies, not realizing that that's a sign to those in the know that it's clearly not, since CD doesn't send books out like that.
                    Yep for the most part that is correct. With the exception of books where we have the printer actually slipcase them for us. Those get shrink wrapped by the printer before they are packed and sent to us, and we don't typically remove the wrap, though we do recommend that people who buy them from us remove the wrap.
                    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                    Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

                    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X