Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Really looking forwards to December Park. Only heard good things about it.

sk

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Nice haul. December Park is one of the best books I read last year. Cannibal Sisters is a fun read and you are right about Smoke and Mirrors it is a HUGE HUGE HUGE book.
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Today I received mine - it's from the final 2015 grab bags:

*Cannibal Sisters - signed, Douglas Clegg
    *Carrie - PS (already had it)
    *Turn Down the Lights - trade
    *Pork Pie Hat - trade, Peter Straub
    *World War Z - signed limited, Max Brooks
    *The Straw Men - signed limited, Michael Marshall
    *December Park - signed limited, Ronald Malfi (had it already)
    *Smoke and Mirrors - signed limited edition (WOW!)

The only drawback was the very high shipping costs.
    But I love the books!

sk

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Thanks, Dan. I don't really mind the doubles. I can easily sell Carrie here (I mean, where I live) and recoup more than half of my grab-bag costs.
    Or make someone happy on his birthday...

sk

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Despite a few double, that's a very solid grab bag Siep!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Thanks, Brain - I like what I got.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Pretty nice scores in there, Siep. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Today I received mine - it's from the final 2015 grab bags:

*Cannibal Sisters - signed, Douglas Clegg
    *Carrie - PS (already had it)
    *Turn Down the Lights - trade
    *Pork Pie Hat - trade, Peter Straub
    *World War Z - signed limited, Max Brooks
    *The Straw Men - signed limited, Michael Marshall
    *December Park - signed limited, Ronald Malfi (had it already)
    *Smoke and Mirrors - signed limited edition (WOW!)

The only drawback was the very high shipping costs.
    But I love the books!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Everything I've read by Mick can be described as "a weird tale and I really enjoyed it."
    Very valid point!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Everything I've read by Mick can be described as "a weird tale and I really enjoyed it."

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Today I received the fruits of my very first Grab Bag purchase.

Out of the six books, two I already own, and three of the books I've never read anything by that author before.

I received:

Sides by Peter Straub - not signed. I've only read the two books he co-wrote with Stephen King. Guess that this is a collection of non-fiction essays?
    Tyer's Third Act by Mick Garris - signed and numbered as PC - but apparently used to be #126. Don't know what this is, but the cover looks familiar.
    Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglass Clegg - signed - no number.
    The Prophet by Michael Koryta - signed and numbered as PC. Another one that looks familiar but know nothing about it.
    A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - signed and numbered as PC. The first of the two that I own. LOVE LOVE this book and hoping that this will make a great gift for someone later on.
    The Straw Men by Michael Marshall - signed and numbered as PC. The other one that I read. Probably another one that I'll end up gifting.

All in all I'm satisfied. I had no idea what to expect so I got exactly what I expected - all surprised. At the very least, I'll read four new authors. And all for at least 75% off retail, right?

Or maybe we can all get together and work out a trade or something? I'm intrigued by this Bentley Little guy . . .
    I agree with Brian about Cannibal Sisters, great read. I also really enjoyed Tyler's Third Act. It is a weird tale and I really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    The Tyler's Third Act was either a miss numbered book we crossed off and PC'd or a damaged book we PC'd and sent a replacement for.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Or maybe we can all get together and work out a trade or something? I'm intrigued by this Bentley Little guy . . .
    I think you'll really enjoy Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters. I haven't read anything else from Clegg but I really, really enjoyed this story and it was totally not what I expected. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as well. I'm totally open to trades if you want to PM me with any requests. I haven't provided a complete list of what I received here but I can and I'm definitely looking at passing along the King books I received as I already have them.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Today I received the fruits of my very first Grab Bag purchase.

Out of the six books, two I already own, and three of the books I've never read anything by that author before.

I received:

Sides by Peter Straub - not signed. I've only read the two books he co-wrote with Stephen King. Guess that this is a collection of non-fiction essays?
    Tyer's Third Act by Mick Garris - signed and numbered as PC - but apparently used to be #126. Don't know what this is, but the cover looks familiar.
    Dinner with the Cannibal Sisters by Douglass Clegg - signed - no number.
    The Prophet by Michael Koryta - signed and numbered as PC. Another one that looks familiar but know nothing about it.
    A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - signed and numbered as PC. The first of the two that I own. LOVE LOVE this book and hoping that this will make a great gift for someone later on.
    The Straw Men by Michael Marshall - signed and numbered as PC. The other one that I read. Probably another one that I'll end up gifting.

All in all I'm satisfied. I had no idea what to expect so I got exactly what I expected - all surprised. At the very least, I'll read four new authors. And all for at least 75% off retail, right?

Last edited by TacomaDiver; 01-06-2016, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Hmm looks like one of my helpers forgot to PC that Smoke & Mirrors. Would you mind writing "PC" on the numbering line?
    Not a problem, Sir. Thanks for the authorization. When you mentioned your helpers; the elves from "Krampus" came instantly to mind LOL. Best have my elf do it though. She pens much better than myself.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Love the look and feel of the slipcase.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17573[/ATTACH]
    Hmm looks like one of my helpers forgot to PC that Smoke & Mirrors. Would you mind writing "PC" on the numbering line?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X