X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halyndon
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I have collected various things, most recently being books - not necessarily special editions, signed, etc. just books - hardcovers, paperbacks, and almost exclusively horror and sci-fi, with some non-fiction like science books (Dawkins, Kaku, Brian Greene), and some hockey bios.

I was collecting for a while, 1:18 scale F1 racecars of Jacques Villeneuve - I have almost his entire F1 career by Minichamps - but will be looking to sell these probably.

My biggest collection is hockey cards, but I stopped collecting in the early '90s when the market was flooded. I have almost every complete set of O Pee Chee from about 1979-1995, including some pretty valuable cards (like rookie cards for Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and others). This is a collection I always wonder what I am going to do with long term.

I also have various hockey related collectibles that I have accumulated over the years too.
    Would you ever sell your Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux or Roy sets?

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16130[/ATTACH]
    I did'nt know what you wanted to see so I picked 2 that I really like that most people have never heard about. If there's something you would like to see if I have it,let me know. Theli would you pick 2 of your rare ones and post I'd love to see them. racerx45 Those soda dispensers are just the coolest. Mike
    Awesome, love me some Angel Dust (especially the early stuff). Brainfever I've heard, but don't own anything from them, should get some. Seems like you have great taste!

I have some older pics of some of some gems from my collection, though there's definitely more baddies that need to be added too.

The entire Halford fronted Judas Priest main discography, minus Redeemer of Souls which I still gotta grab, as well as 3 live albums, one is a promo (that's the picture disc that looks like Screaming for Vengeance), and one 'Best Of' (the one with the samurai), and two copies of Rocka Rolla from different labels (the other is stealthily hidden behind the first).

My entire 7" collection, or at least the majority of it, may have added a couple more since taking the picture.

And a selection of favourites and rarities:

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Neat stuff guys!

Leave a comment:

• racerx45
    replied
    Thanks Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mike88
    replied
    IMG_7709.jpgIMG_7710.jpg
    I did'nt know what you wanted to see so I picked 2 that I really like that most people have never heard about. If there's something you would like to see if I have it,let me know. Theli would you pick 2 of your rare ones and post I'd love to see them. racerx45 Those soda dispensers are just the coolest. Mike

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I would love to see some of your LP collection. Got aheck of a metal collection myself.

Leave a comment:

• Mike88
    replied
    I collect Hot Wheels(about 7,000), 1/24 diecast Muscle Cars (about 150), The 4 inch tall acrylic Coca Cola Bears and LP's about several hundred 90% Heavy Metal. Plus Monte Carlo SS's of which I have 1. Thanks Everybody,Mike

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Only 3, Squire!

Siep

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I remember that Seip!

And you collect movie credits, too! You have 3 right now. Or are you up to 6?

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I collect Barbra-bilia!

sk

Leave a comment:

• racerx45
    replied
    Thanks Martin, I just wish they were as easy as books to display.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Those are very cool!

Originally posted by racerx45 View Post
    Yes I do collect things other than Stephen King books...

Here are a few of my Vintage Soda Dispensers

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    Now that's something you don't see every day! Very cool.

I collect Planet of the Apes and King Kong (1976) stuff.

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• racerx45
    replied
    Yes I do collect things other than Stephen King books...

Here are a few of my Vintage Soda Dispensers

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That is "one of twenty" signed limited prints. I did get to view the original art at one time. The piece (Demon's & Wizards) is freaking huge!!! Like 5'x6' huge and had the wing of a monarch butterfly painted into the wizard's cloak. I viewed it on my initial visit to the gallery and the salesman took me to a "special" viewing room and served espresso. He was very good and whispered to me that since they were still finding the market for, Dean in the public he could cut me a great deal. $100,000 was the deal!!! I somehow managed to not spit up my coffee and bought the "Floating Water" piece on the way out with the promise to "think about it"!!! LOL LOL So, when he released this limited series I simply had to have one though the print is decidedly different from the original. Still, I just love it and look at it all the time.
    Not surprising. I've stared at some of my jackets for my LPs with his art for hours while listening to the music within. He has a very captivating escapist style. I honestly can't imagine Yes' Fragile and Tales From Topographic Oceans or Uriah Heep's Demons & Wizards and The Magician's Birthday with any other art.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X