X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I've found that archival plastic bags (like those used for comics) are good at keeping many books in pristine condition.

John
    Agreed however I don't like the look of that on my shelf. The best way is finding a great enviroment/location for your book case(s). I'm not sure what the best way to remove the dust is. Feather duster works okay but doesn't get it all.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I've found that archival plastic bags (like those used for comics) are good at keeping many books in pristine condition.

John

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    If you ever notice yellowing of the pages, I don't think that can be reversed.
    ...Don't pee on your books!

Leave a comment:

• Joe315
    replied
    For dust jackets I recommend brodart or gaylord dust jacket covers. They are basically plastic covers that you put the dust jackets in to protect them. http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jacket-Cover/. They have a bunch of different sizes and thicknesses so you can choose what you think is best.

Bowing happens most with heavier books. I have noticed a couple I have in which the text block on the bottom is bowed downward and is pulling a way from the spine at the top. To prevent this you either keep them flat or put them in a slipcase if you can find one.

Dusting them regularly will keep them clean but I think they will get dirty no matter what unless you keep them bagged or something.

If you ever notice yellowing of the pages, I don't think that can be reversed.

Leave a comment:

• the_last_gunslinger
    started a topic Best Way to Care for your Collection?

Best Way to Care for your Collection?

Any tips on keeping your signed/limited editions looking like new? I've noticed a few books in my collection have accumulated a little bit of dust along the edge of their pages and the boards on my copy of The Corpse King appear to be bowed outward ever so slightly. In a perfect world, I'd love to slipcase my entire collection, but since that's not a possibility, how do I go about keeping these books dust free, keep dust jackets without wrinkles and prevent the covers from bowing?
Working...
X