Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    If you go back to my original question (post #132), you'll find I quoted you re the The Stand limited. I was wondering why on the one hand you say you've got too many King limiteds, and on the other still want The Stand. That's all.

sk
    Only because I decided I'm going to sell them all (maybe not ALL), for a big annuity hopefully about a 100 grand one, then retire lol. That's what I'm hoping to do anyway. I'm still thinking seriously about listing Insomnia again.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Why what?
    If you go back to my original question (post #132), you'll find I quoted you re the The Stand limited. I was wondering why on the one hand you say you've got too many King limiteds, and on the other still want The Stand. That's all.

sk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wholly agree with you on Lee and, more particularly, Ketchum - I, too, have several lettered editions, a couple of numbered, but the jewel in the Ketchum crown (until the CD Lettered Edition comes out .. later ..) is a S/L of the Infernal House version of The Woman. Man, it is one gorgeous book, and the traycase is also something pretty special. The limited edition of The Stand is also one of my most treasured possessions (by turn it amuses and horrifies me that I paid more money for a single book than I paid for my first three motors vehicles ). Having said that, I wouldn't part with it for anything, it is truly a work of art, coffin box and all.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    That's more like it. I wonder if they'd take layaway? I'm not doing so well financially again. Besides, I'm trying to save up some money for the limited of Weaveworld and the new DT book by Grant. On top of that, I have 2 very expensive watches I have to somehow get fixed. Anyone here interested in some Laymon limiteds or even some King ones? Insomnia numbered 9?
    I hope I can say that. If not, the admin can just edit or remove my post.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, at least one Koontz limited, a couple lettered editions by both Ed Lee and Jack Ketchum and the few remaining books by Richard Laymon I still don't have. I know I must of bought the signature series book The Wilds by him, but can't find it. Haven't really looked in a lot of places yet, but I must have it. I guess that's more than a several lol. Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition. But I've always been filled with contradictions.

If you don't mind me asking....why??

sk
    Why what? Why trade editions over limiteds? I think it's nice to have some trades and often times, trades flatsigned are more rare and worth more than limiteds. Anyone if they can afford it especially if you can find places online that take layaway (I know 5), can get hold of a limited, the cheapest prices I've seen are from Betts, the same place where I got my trade edition of Bag of Bones, flatsigned. And even though Betts has the cheapest prices of King limiteds I've ever seen online, that trade ed. still cost me $200. There were several limiteds he had for about the same price or even lower..I think one was the UK version of Just After Sunset? No, I think it was Under the Dome.
    What else? Why lettereds of Lee and Ketchum? I like both and a lot of their lettereds are valuable, especially by Ketchum. Just look at his book The Woman which I was actually able to snag a limited of the true first edition. I'd also like to get the CD version with the original novella. But it seems Ketchum's short stories aren't that great for some reason, but I also do have a lettered edition of The Lost by him, I have only about 6 lettereds by various authors including the original The Exorcist. I'm really type happy today lol.
    What else? Laymon? All his books are worth alot nowadays and I now have virtually every limited edition by him (I'm still missing 2). And I have a lettered by him also: Friday Night in Beast House, but I'm missing The Beast House.
    Why am I full of contradictions? I don't know. Something must of happened to my brain in the womb is all I can figure.
    Well, I guess that's it (finally).

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Numbered edition:

http://charnelhouse.com/cart/index.p...products_id=10

John

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    http://charnelhouse.com/cart/index.p...products_id=11 The guy from Procol Harum did one. And for a while Charnel House was advertising working on one with Iggy Pop.
    1 grand?? I think I'll pass. Is that the only edition? I didn't see a numbered edition.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    As far as trade HCs go, I'm waiting for Abarat: Absolute Midnight by Barker; The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco; and of course 11/22/63.

Leave a comment:

• folgersnyourcup
    replied
    I'll add to those saying they want to purchase "The Stand"... Gonna need a promotion before picking up that one though. Taking last part of CPA on Wednesday so maybe that will be in order ha!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, at least one Koontz limited, a couple lettered editions by both Ed Lee and Jack Ketchum and the few remaining books by Richard Laymon I still don't have. I know I must of bought the signature series book The Wilds by him, but can't find it. Haven't really looked in a lot of places yet, but I must have it. I guess that's more than a several lol. Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition. But I've always been filled with contradictions.
    Since you have "too many limiteds" from sai King I will gladly relieve yo of them Hell to ease your burden even more I will pay for shipping. LOL and J/K

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition.
    If you don't mind me asking....why??

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I think most people who haven't got a copy of 'The Stand' S/L wants a copy, it looks to be one beautiful book!

I've recently gotten some UK S/L's and now would like to complete the set, they look real nice on the book shelves.

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    I wouldn't mind a book like that. I too, am a big Pink Floyd fan except some of their albums like I think The Final Cut was so full of political crap that I had to force myself to listen to it. But a limited edition? That's kinda odd. I don't think I ever heard of a singer for a rock band writing a limited edition book.
    http://charnelhouse.com/cart/index.p...products_id=11 The guy from Procol Harum did one. And for a while Charnel House was advertising working on one with Iggy Pop.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Hmm...just saw Roger Waters announced a limited signed (Roger Waters sig) edition of some book his recently deceased friend wrote. It supposed to have the nitty gritty about everything that went down. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I hope it doesn't cost much LOL.
    I wouldn't mind a book like that. I too, am a big Pink Floyd fan except some of their albums like I think The Final Cut was so full of political crap that I had to force myself to listen to it. But a limited edition? That's kinda odd. I don't think I ever heard of a singer for a rock band writing a limited edition book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X