Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Justin Case View Post
    Yeah, finances really do stunt a collection... I've recently calmed down alot - I hate the current value of some items and would never resell them for that rate. Previously I traded alot of my Delirium, etc... with other dealers for books I was more interested in
    Yeah, I don't blame you, though it is great for someone late to the collecting market, like me, lol

Leave a comment:

• Justin Case
    replied
    Originally posted by njhorror View Post
    I've been collecting along those lines myself until recently when a financial setback put an end to collecting.

I'd contemplated selling some of my harder to find titles, but I'd rather eat them than sell them at today's prices on eBay.
    Yeah, finances really do stunt a collection... I've recently calmed down alot - I hate the current value of some items and would never resell them for that rate. Previously I traded alot of my Delirium, etc... with other dealers for books I was more interested in

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    George R. R. Martin - Ice and Fire series.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I love Donadlson too!! Not always the most "cheerful" books, but he's pretty much my favorite author. You should check out his two book series which contained Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. Great great stuff.And of course GRRM is priceless.
    Yes, I have read Mordant's Need - an like everything Donaldson, loved it. I was also enormously impressed with his The Gap series - a SF series like no other.
    But...what's GRRM?? I am very bad at abbreviations.

sk

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I've only read the first Rothfuss so far, but I absolutely LOVED it!! I love Donadlson too!! Not always the most "cheerful" books, but he's pretty much my favorite author. You should check out his two book series which contained Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. Great great stuff. And of course GRRM is priceless.

I would LOVE to see CD break into the fantasy market someday!!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    frik51, I did not read my set of Wot, but I had read the series through 7 and I think it's well worth the time!!...
    Oh, I believe so. From what I've read so far, I kinda liked it.
    But, after a two year break I'd have to start reading all over again - and as I'm a slow reader (I like to savour a book) it's going to take me a very long time to do so.
    More important, there are other books I like to read first - series I've also collected unread. For example, the George R.R. Martin A Song of Ice and Fire series. Or Patrick Rothfuss' The Killer Chronicle, Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (all 10 books), Justin Kronin's vampire trilogy (The Passage is the first) and more.

Plus:

Right now I am finishing Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson...
    Yes! That's the series of books I'd like to read (again). It's a very demanding set of books, but Erikson is one amazing author. I'm not sure why he isn't mention more often - not only here, but whenever fantasy books are discussed.
    he is practically the very best!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Dan, if you mean WoT, I am pretty sure they pushed it to 2012.
    Hmm that's weird, as I'm seeing conflicting info. On their website on the books menu it lists "A Memory of Light (Fall 2011)" but if you click on it it says that it could be finished late 2011, but more likely 2012. He better finish it this fall, I've been reading 1 WoT book a year for years now.... lol.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The series will be complete this year (November I think), so if you're someone who doesn't like to start unfinished series, it won't be unfinished for long.
    Dan, if you mean WoT, I am pretty sure they pushed it to 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    The series will be complete this year (November I think), so if you're someone who doesn't like to start unfinished series, it won't be unfinished for long.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    frik51, I did not read my set of Wot, but I had read the series through 7 and I think it's well worth the time!! Granted, I hear Path of Daggers was a boring read, but the series overall still had a lot of merit. Right now I am finishing Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson.....very detailed and interesting series so far, but somewhat a tough read because it seems there are even more people referenced than Erikson and Martin's books combined. Plus the start of the series just drops you in the middle of the story and very slowly gives you bits of clarification.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The 1st / 1st's of the wheel of time stuff are some of the first thing's on my hit list.
    I purchased the whole series -except for the last book.
    I was planning to read it once finished, and did read the first four books, but then something happened -looooong story- and I had to stop reading for a couple of years.
    Now I've lost interest and I'm planning on selling my books one of these days.
    And yes, most -not all- are 1st/1st editons in unread condition.

sk

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I need to find the TOR reissue trade hardback of Lumley's The Source.....only problem is I found the other 4 of the main series at regular price or in remainders and the only copies of The Source I've seen were a good bit more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I actually asked Robert Jordan to sign his full name in a couple and it was like 5 names long!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I actually have First/Firsts of the enitre WoT series that I bought myself as they came out starting in '90. The first seven of the series are signed. One of my "lucky" purchases was about 15? years ago....I found a shrink wrapped set of the first three Thomas Covenant books in remainders at a chain book store for $30. None of them were first printing, but I had finally found the first three in hardback and for such a deal!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X