Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peteOcha
    replied
    Game of Thrones Special Edition (being released towards the end of July). Looks fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    Originally posted by Menace View Post
    well I just noticed last night that My first edition of Creepshow was marked all over on inside.. including creepshow thats 8 more I found marked on total 30 so far. I havent finished looking through all my Steven King books yet. Scared to look at anymore. Each one I open pages are marked on.. have to look carefully because sometimes only one page is written on and can be easily missed...still have another 40 or so King books to go through.
    Sheez- you really should have unloaded the dishwasher that one night...

Seriously, I am sorry for your loss. Not the woman but the collection. That is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Try this again. Dark Carnival, Bradbury's First book. Published by Arkham House. "The Homecoming." One of my favorite short stories. This is a lottery book. One Day!!! Just the idea of this book gives me chills. History!
    Did you get Gauntlet Press reissue edition? It had a really nice optional slipcase with Bradbury art on it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Dark Carnival

Try this again. Dark Carnival, Bradbury's First book. Published by Arkham House. "The Homecoming." One of my favorite short stories. This is a lottery book. One Day!!! Just the idea of this book gives me chills. History!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by Menace View Post
    well I just noticed last night that My first edition of Creepshow was marked all over on inside.. including creepshow thats 8 more I found marked on total 30 so far. I havent finished looking through all my Steven King books yet. Scared to look at anymore. Each one I open pages are marked on.. have to look carefully because sometimes only one page is written on and can be easily missed...still have another 40 or so King books to go through.
    That just sucks dude. What she did is wrong on so many levels and I feel your pain. Best of luck and hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• Menace
    replied

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Can't wait to get my hands on A Dark & Bloody Ground by Ronald Kelly!

Of course, I'll have to wait 'til 2012, as he's still writing it...

But he says that it will be published by...Cemetery Dance!

Corfimation? Denial? Not comment?

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    Creepshow, $30

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    OMG sorry to hear that, hope you get some new ones soon!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Ouch!!!

And I thought losing an original "The Empire Strikes Back" movie poster to a vindictive...hmmm...was bad.

I can appreciate the 30 years of collecting King's work. I've done the same thing...

Damn!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Wow. I'd suggest taking her to court for that. I'd suggest destroying things she values too but that could result in issues with the law lol

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Just horrible.
    I do hope you'll be able to replace your treasures.
    Good luck!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Menace
    replied
    Actually I'm looking to purchase almost all the 1st editions of Stephen King books.

My wife and I seperarted almost 2 months ago and yesterday I noticed the my gift edition of Lisey's stoty was out of the wrapper so I pick it up took it out of its slip case to find the it was marked all over in permanent marker and pages were ripped out. Then I noticed that The Stand Complete and Uncut was gone and so was Dreamcatcher. Now I was really starting to worry so i started going through my Stephen king books and so far 22 of them have either pages torn out or marked on. Now theses were all first edition hard covers The Stand , Christine, Cujo, Different seasons, It, the bachman books, Thinner, She missed Carrie thank god. Creepshow, Insomnia, Nightshift. and so on most of these books i had before we ever met. I started getting Stephen king book 30 years ago And some of theses I finally got the real first edition instead of the bookclub edition. the shining was the only one i had to get for the real first edition. Now starting all over again. So once my house sells it will be time to start buying again. She also marked over 3 of my Cd books I recently bought . Glad she missed the rest of them ... There done bitching .....

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Originally posted by fmancino View Post
    Creepshow and Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King.
    Is the COTW the limited hardcover?

Leave a comment:

• fmancino
    replied
    Creepshow and Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X