Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Hmm...just saw Roger Waters announced a limited signed (Roger Waters sig) edition of some book his recently deceased friend wrote. It supposed to have the nitty gritty about everything that went down. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I hope it doesn't cost much LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I would love to see some of Gillian Flynns work done as a signed limited. Maybe they are out there but I haven't seen them. Both of her books (Dark Places & Sharp Objects) are excellent reads.

P.S. I think some S/L's of Victor Gischler work would be fantastic as well.

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I like them.

John

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by biomieg View Post
    No signed/limited editions for me! (I never get tired of telling other collectors that I have no need for those )
    I don't NEED them!!! I can stop whenver I want!! No, really I could!! Er...I think I could. I probably could!!!

Leave a comment:

• biomieg
    replied
    The book(s) I'm most interested in purchasing right now are mostly proofs and arcane stuff like the unsigned SKELETON CREW S/L. I would also love to lay my grubby hands on a copy of the 1973 edition of Marshroots with King's 'It Grows On You'.

No signed/limited editions for me! (I never get tired of telling other collectors that I have no need for those )

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    This is the first time I've seen your post too. You should of had her arrested for that.
    And sue too just as he said and get the money from her purse to buy replacements.

Leave a comment:

• Justin Case
    replied
    Originally posted by Menace View Post
    Actually I'm looking to purchase almost all the 1st editions of Stephen King books.

My wife and I seperarted almost 2 months ago and yesterday I noticed the my gift edition of Lisey's stoty was out of the wrapper so I pick it up took it out of its slip case to find the it was marked all over in permanent marker and pages were ripped out. Then I noticed that The Stand Complete and Uncut was gone and so was Dreamcatcher. Now I was really starting to worry so i started going through my Stephen king books and so far 22 of them have either pages torn out or marked on. Now theses were all first edition hard covers The Stand , Christine, Cujo, Different seasons, It, the bachman books, Thinner, She missed Carrie thank god. Creepshow, Insomnia, Nightshift. and so on most of these books i had before we ever met. I started getting Stephen king book 30 years ago And some of theses I finally got the real first edition instead of the bookclub edition. the shining was the only one i had to get for the real first edition. Now starting all over again. So once my house sells it will be time to start buying again. She also marked over 3 of my Cd books I recently bought . Glad she missed the rest of them ... There done bitching .....
    WOW - I know I'm a little late this this but reading it moved me to write something. I'd friggin sue the bitch....um, ah, sorry about that but what a terrible thing for her to have done. It disturbs me to read about it. Hope you get your collection back better than ever!

Leave a comment:

• divemaster
    replied
    Tick Tock was not all that good but it's a quick read. Koontz has done better.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
    I read the first two books and thought they were probably the best things Koontz has ever written. Of course, I'm not really a fan of his books, so it doesn't take much, but I thoroughly enjoyed those ones.

I haven't read the third yet, but my sister loves Koontz and she said it was terrible.
    Wow really? I some of his books on eBay a couple weeks ago...a seller was offering buy 2, get 1 free, so I got 6 for less than 10 bucks...have no clue how you can make a profit that way, but most were Koontz novels I never heard of: Sole Survivor and Tick Tock...any good? I got Ketchum's Cover and Peaceable Kingdom. And 2 more I can't even think of. Oh yes, King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes I was sure I read, but can't remember doing so. Most of my King novels sans the limiteds, are SKL versions and most are still rotting away at my grandmother's.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Ya, for some reason they released #4 in HC, but none of the others????? I don't get this marketing scheme. I mean, I could understand if they released 4, 5, & 6 in HC, because that would make sense. But to release 4 as HC, and then not 5 just is silly.

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    Book 4 was the only one released in hc. Book 5 is the most recent and just came out in May.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    I wish Koontz's Frankenstein series would be released in HC formats.
    I was at Borders yesterday and saw one of them (the final book??) in the HC format.
    (Maybe we discussed this before..??)

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 07-17-2011, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    I thought it was alright. Funny at times even. I actually think the 4th is the 2nd best, and the 2nd dragged a little. Overall though, the tale is great.

Leave a comment:

• the_last_gunslinger
    replied
    I wish Koontz's Frankenstein series would be released in HC formats. Alas, even if they were I doubt I could afford any of them right now LOL.
    I read the first two books and thought they were probably the best things Koontz has ever written. Of course, I'm not really a fan of his books, so it doesn't take much, but I thoroughly enjoyed those ones.

I haven't read the third yet, but my sister loves Koontz and she said it was terrible.

Leave a comment:

• RJHubbard53
    replied
    wow! She sure was jealous of your books. Women are crazy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X