Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Right now, I' looking forward to the final installment of Donaldson's Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
    Same here.
    I've read the first two trilogies when they first came out and have bought the three books of the third series faithfully. Two more years to go....
    Of course this means I'll have to re-read the first six books before I can start The Last Chronicles.

Donaldson is one amazing author.
    He's practically the only author who still gets me to go to the dictionary. (I'm Dutch and read his books in the English language.)

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I haven't read the last two Martin books yet, but A GAME OF THRONES was one of the best fantasy books I've read in a long time. Right now, I' looking forward to the final installment of Donaldson's Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. And of course anything from Stephen King.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Assuming you haven't read George Martin's Ice and Fire books yet, you REALLY need to read them!!
    I am collecting this series but will wait reading till it's finished - if I may live that long..

Seriously, the first came out in 1996, and this year we'll be seeing part V. There's no way I'll begin reading this series before it's done - with each new book I'd have to start all over again, like I did with King's Dark Tower books.
    I collect the UK editions, and hate the fact that the first three hardcovers had a uniform look, but A Feast For Crowns (IV) fiffers completely.
    I am really looking forwards to reading this series - if it will ever get finished....

sk

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Crossroads of Twilight was a bit slow, but on the other hand Winter's Heart was I think probably the best of the whole series.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Good call Dan!!! I stopped reading the series after Crown of Swords because I was starting to forget the massive cast of characters. I will do a re-read some day after MoL comes out. I was lucky enough to meet Robert Jordan a few times along the years. I have the series all in first edition/first printing which I bought myself as they came out. Great stuff in the first 7 volumes. I'd hear a few of the later ones were hit or miss, but I'm sure it will be worth it when it's done. Assuming you haven't read George Martin's Ice and Fire books yet, you REALLY need to read them!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Nothing special, just a conclusion to my favorite fantasy series. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordon / Brandon Sanderson.

http://www.dragonmount.com/Books/Memory_of_Light

Leave a comment:

• njhorror
    started a topic What book are you most interested in purchasing?

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

and what's your $ limit?
Working...
X