Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.IMG_0607.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    That is awesome! My copy of that Dahl cost $20 and has a big dent at the top of the spine, and I had to argue the price down to 20. Great score!
    Last edited by bugen; 11-18-2015, 10:19 PM. Reason: listed wrong price first

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Gotta love second hand stores and yard sales. Great places to find some hidden treasures!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Not Saturday, not a yard sale, but I had to post my finds from yesterday. I stopped at a thrift store and found these three, for $1.00 each. I was particularly happy with the Dahl!
    IMG_0590.jpg
    Keep looking!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Sweet pick! I'd like to see a pic of that!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Not a yard sale, but I found a little used book shop yesterday and found The Magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy, July and November 1981 issues. For 50c each.

That's two of the issues that contain the original novellas that make up The Gunslinger.
    Fantastic find!

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Not a yard sale, but I found a little used book shop yesterday and found The Magazine of Science Fiction & Fantasy, July and November 1981 issues. For 50c each.

That's two of the issues that contain the original novellas that make up The Gunslinger.
    A GREAT buy! Congratulations!

John

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    What a fantastic find. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I went to a local charity sale about two months ago and walked away with a first edition of Wizard and Glass (trade) and two signed copies of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell (a black DJ and a white DJ) for less than ten bucks total.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Yard sales/charity book sale are great ways to find some hidden gems even. I haven't really found any jaw droppers (yet), but seem to always find a neat (at times very beat up) paperback at yard sales locally.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Surely you jest sir? Name two better rat movies then Willard and Ben. Not to mention a great Michael Jackson song lol!
    LOL!! Embarrassing for me. For some strange reason I got that Bartleby quote in my head and associated it with rats. It's actually "I would prefer not to". I don't know, brain fart maybe, lack of oxygen to said brain, not enough caffeine, etc...... Anyway, yes, I agree, both good movies but ya forgot Graveyard Shift

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Surely you jest sir? Name two better rat movies then Willard and Ben. Not to mention a great Michael Jackson song lol!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    "I prefer not to"

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thought I'd come back to this. Found a few things this Saturday. The Richmond Animal League had a bag sale for books, $5.00. Found some pretty good stuff.IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0565.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0568.jpg Remember Willard?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X