Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    I was off today and hit a couple of thrift stores. Nothing I can retire on but some fun adds. I'm especially pleased with the Folio set of Georges Simenon's Maigret.
    Resize 1.jpg

Resize 2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Slim pickings until the end, when I found a couple of books and this gargoyle. Happy hunting guys!
    garg..jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hello Ray Bradbury Friends. I wanted to share this find this morning. I was nosing around in a thrift store, as I am want to do and stumbled across this. It just shouted Carnival and Bradbury at me!! For $12.00 I couldn't pass it up! My weekend is off to a great start, hope yours's is as well!
    Sideshow.jpgSideshow 2.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 04-26-2019, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• havok
    replied
    I love all those bookends ... especially the art deco leaning nude woman and the woman with the arched back ... really, really cool!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Pretty cool, Andrew.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I always worry about bookends with anchors that go under the books.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Here are my bookends in case anyone's a fan of the PC puzzle-game, Portal.

SAM_5092.jpg

SAM_5094.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Nice stuff! The owls and the Shattered Sea books are great, and love all the bookend pics!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    All those bookends are really cool!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Too cool! I'm such a sucker for Bookends. I'm always amazed at how expensive they are sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Those bookends are a cool find...I love unusual brass bookends. Here are a few of mine (excuse the dust...these are on top of my tall barrister bookcases and so see sporadic dusting at best):

bookend6_zpszb7yaqur.jpg

bookend4_zpsspvg7cd5.jpg

bookend3_zpstmohhxfu.jpg

bookend2_zpszaqdetth.jpg

Not brass, but still kinda neat:

bookend1_zpswka25bam.jpg
    Last edited by RonClinton; 05-23-2016, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18498[/ATTACH]Alright, Yard Sale season has kicked into gear. I picked these neat old metal owl bookends up yesterday, along with the Robert Ripley Book. I Loved the Gold Key Comic book of Ripley's Believe it or Not and who can forget Jack Palance from the TV show. The custom slipcase for Joe Abercrombie came from Kim and Camelot books! Have a great week![ATTACH=CONFIG]18495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18497[/ATTACH]
    Love the bookends and the Ripley book!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    IMG_0658.jpgAlright, Yard Sale season has kicked into gear. I picked these neat old metal owl bookends up yesterday, along with the Robert Ripley Book. I Loved the Gold Key Comic book of Ripley's Believe it or Not and who can forget Jack Palance from the TV show. The custom slipcase for Joe Abercrombie came from Kim and Camelot books! Have a great week!IMG_0655.jpgIMG_0656.jpgIMG_0657.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17583[/ATTACH]
    That Larson collection is fantastic!!!! That and the Complete Calvin and Hobbs are priceless.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Wow! That's beyond a good deal. Congrats!

Picked up the Complete Gary Larson at a thrift store yesterday $8.00! The books are huge, almost 20 pounds. Put the James Ellroy there for scale. Love Larson.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17583[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X