Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    That Outer Limits game looks incredible!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    mhatchett Congrats on the great score. Interesting stuff and I love the old board games. So fun.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Very nice! I never seem to think about yardsales - although it's not yardsale season anymore (although for being mid-October we are still seeing 80 degree days . . .)

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Technically, Yard Sale Sunday, but took my dog for a walk this morning. On the way back, we stopped at a yard sale. It was so good, I called my wife to meet me. She found a ton of garden stuff. But man did I score. Five vintage games for $5.00 each and a box of books, paperbacks $1.00, hardbacks $3.00. All the games are complete. The Outer Limits Game from 1964 blew my mind. Yard sales, BOOM or BUST!! Nuclear Boom for me today!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Virginia War Memorial had a Charity Book Sale this Morning. I had a nice visit and picked up some interesting titles. Nothing over $4.00. I'm really looking forward to Yard Sale Season!!
    Virginia Wara.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Ok, that Holmes lamp is just wonderful!
    Thanks Ron, I had to get it lol!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Ok, that Holmes lamp is just wonderful!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Great finds at a great price, congrats! I have to say my only freebie find so far was a tatty first edition copy of The Stand. I found that while attending a viewing. The funeral home had books-by-the-yard decorating, and The Stand caught my eye. I asked if I could take it, and they said yes
    Never pass up an opportunity to pick up a book LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    It's not Saturday But...Close LOL.

While I was out gallivanting today, I stopped in at an “Antique Shop”. Actually more of an odds and end shop, but I have found somet interesting things there in the past. Today I found someone’s treasured collection of Sherlock Holmes books and movies. I mean, there were some great things, as you can see from the pictures. The three Jeremy Brett items, two books and the pamphlet are the jewels in the crown. I paid $3.00 for Bending the Willow, 1996 Ed., it is going for around $250.00 on ABE. The Jeremy Brett - Linda Pritchard Story is going for $95.00. The pamphlet, Remembering Jeremy Brett 1997, $108.00. I haven’t checked the other titles yet. As I was looking through the books, the shop owner told me they also had a Sherlock Holmes lamp that had come in with the books. Really, I said. I had to see it, even I couldn’t afford it. Turns out, I could afford it. I paid $68.00 for all the books and the lamp. I felt great for getting a good deal, I didn’t even haggle, which is unusual for me. I felt even better for rescuing a small part of someone’s passion.
    Great finds at a great price, congrats! I have to say my only freebie find so far was a tatty first edition copy of The Stand. I found that while attending a viewing. The funeral home had books-by-the-yard decorating, and The Stand caught my eye. I asked if I could take it, and they said yes

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Congrats on the great finds! I can see my wife wanting these items. I dread the day we start going to antique stores . . .
    try to steer towards Flea Markets, Estate/Yard Sales LOl!! You'll have fun....

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Congrats on the great finds! I can see my wife wanting these items. I dread the day we start going to antique stores . . .

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

While I was out gallivanting today, I stopped in at an “Antique Shop”. Actually more of an odds and end shop, but I have found somet interesting things there in the past. Today I found someone’s treasured collection of Sherlock Holmes books and movies. I mean, there were some great things, as you can see from the pictures. The three Jeremy Brett items, two books and the pamphlet are the jewels in the crown. I paid $3.00 for Bending the Willow, 1996 Ed., it is going for around $250.00 on ABE. The Jeremy Brett - Linda Pritchard Story is going for $95.00. The pamphlet, Remembering Jeremy Brett 1997, $108.00. I haven’t checked the other titles yet. As I was looking through the books, the shop owner told me they also had a Sherlock Holmes lamp that had come in with the books. Really, I said. I had to see it, even I couldn’t afford it. Turns out, I could afford it. I paid $68.00 for all the books and the lamp. I felt great for getting a good deal, I didn’t even haggle, which is unusual for me. I felt even better for rescuing a small part of someone’s passion.

S. Holmes.jpgLamp.jpgLamp 2.jpg
    Great finds. They look like they were well cared for also.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

S. Holmes.jpgLamp.jpgLamp 2.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Nice haul!

Leave a comment:

Working...