X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I've said to myself, that if I am going to have to spend $16.00 for an e-book, I'd rather spend a couple extra and get the physical copy.
    ABSOLUTELY.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The other day I noticed Amazon and Apple had discounted the eBook edition of The Green Mile by Stephen King to $5.99. This eBook is normally $7.99 and that discount was enough for me to order a copy, just to have one of my favorite books on my e-reader for a future re-read. But what do you think? Are there certain eBooks where $4.99 or $5.99 is still a bargain to you? Whether in terms of quantity or quality of content or just your personal love of the story?

http://www.ehorrorbargains.com/2013/...-stephen-king/
    I must have skipped over this one, or just didn't bother to respond....

There are many books on the Kobo store (I have a Kobo) that I really want. However, some are rather pricey for me (for an e-book anyway), and unless I have a good coupon code, or they are on sale for significantly reduced, I've seen a few where I could go to my local Chapters and get the pb for the same or cheaper than the e-book version. I've said to myself, that if I am going to have to spend $16.00 for an e-book, I'd rather spend a couple extra and get the physical copy.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    My orders always shipped in a day or two. Have to wait for my copy of Glimpses for awhile,because i'm a member of the book club. My copy should ship by the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    And it wouldn't be irksome if they hadn't said it would ship a month ago and then it would ship a week ago and then not follow through on either. But at the same time others were getting theirs. Oh well, c'est la vie.
    Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
    Still no shipping notice for me, not real worried, but it is a bit irksome, over two months.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    Still no shipping notice for me, not real worried, but it is a bit irksome, over two months.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Maybe with the move and the big sale things got pushed around. Stll they should explain what happened.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    I have no idea, they never offered any explanation.
    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    I wonder what took so long, I got mine a couple weeks back.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I wonder what took so long, I got mine a couple weeks back.

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    I just got a shipping notification for my order of Glimpses. Holy hell, that took a long time, four weeks after they said it would ship. Now I hope it actually gets out the door and on the road.

My two orders did not show up under my account, they said it was because I bought them without logging in to my account

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    My two orders did not show up under my account, they said it was because I bought them without logging in to my account
    I'm 90% sure I was logged in, as I don't remember specifying my address, etc. But it's possible....

As of today, I'm still waiting.... (They told me it was slated to ship last Tuesday.)

Update 2013-06-05: I just received email saying my order had shipped (a week and a day after they told me it would).

Hunter
    Last edited by goathunter; 06-05-2013, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    Originally posted by goathunter View Post
    My order doesn't show up under my account on their website. I emailed them last week to inquire, and I was told it would ship this week. No explanation for why the order isn't listed among my orders. We'll see if it actually shows up this coming week....

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    I sent them an email yesterday morning and am waiting for a response. I'll post if I hear back, they're usually good at responding within a day or so.

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
    My order doesn't show up under my account on their website. I emailed them last week to inquire, and I was told it would ship this week. No explanation for why the order isn't listed among my orders. We'll see if it actually shows up this coming week....

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    I'm about to email them again, haven't heard that it's been shipped and it's still marked awaiting shipment. Don't want to wait another three weeks to be told it's shipping the next day again.....but I hate to nag.

Order Date: 4th Apr 2013
    This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment
    Your Order Contains:◦ 1 x Glimpses: The Best Short Stories of Rick Hautala
    (Edition: Signed Limited Hardcover)

I emailed them yesterday about my Glimpses as well, slated to ship today was the reply.

Leave a comment:

• paperdragon
    replied
    I emailed them yesterday about my Glimpses as well, slated to ship today was the reply.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X