No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except for you! You probably get a good lagh outta those rank amateurs!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Not at all Mr Boone - I vividly recall the days when even a single one of the books I'm now fortunate enough to own were far out of my reach, both financially and physically ... It's also a matter of progression, too, I feel, in that no matter how extensive your collection, or how much of your disposable income you're able to invest in its growth, there's always someone else that is doing it bigger, better and more expensively. And, you know something, Mr Boone, it doesn't matter at what stage your collection is at, it's all about the enjoyment you take, personally, from what is yours, big, small or somewhere in between. Sure, it's great to aspire to adding to your collection, taking it to the next level, posting it on a forum such as CD's, etc, however, the important thing is the simple joy of looking at what is yours, be it a single Golden Book or Dr Suess from your childhood, or one of ABE's Top 12 Most Expensive books sales for the month of whatever, to anything in between (which, I guess, is where most of us are at)

Comment

What he said.
        Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        Not at all Mr Boone - I vividly recall the days when even a single one of the books I'm now fortunate enough to own were far out of my reach, both financially and physically ... It's also a matter of progression, too, I feel, in that no matter how extensive your collection, or how much of your disposable income you're able to invest in its growth, there's always someone else that is doing it bigger, better and more expensively. And, you know something, Mr Boone, it doesn't matter at what stage your collection is at, it's all about the enjoyment you take, personally, from what is yours, big, small or somewhere in between. Sure, it's great to aspire to adding to your collection, taking it to the next level, posting it on a forum such as CD's, etc, however, the important thing is the simple joy of looking at what is yours, be it a single Golden Book or Dr Suess from your childhood, or one of ABE's Top 12 Most Expensive books sales for the month of whatever, to anything in between (which, I guess, is where most of us are at)

Comment

Oops, I've inadvertantly exposed my warm, fuzzy, underbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
            Could not have said it better!!

Bravo Grant!

Comment

Bit long winded today are we grant?

Comment

He's been studying up on how to solve that problem!

Looks like a CD special s/l!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                    fart-bounce.gif

Yup ....

Comment

Haha, thats a good one. Animated smiley faces are always good.

Comment

So I know Squire was tempted to get a signed Embassytown (and as I said, they had one at Goldsboro, which is now gone) but they do have this:

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/books/railsea-3150.html

Comment

You know, I only have 1 UK edition in my collection, and it's a really cheap piece of crap that's printed on recycleable paper--it's a good thing I like the book. It was actually printed in Australia! (I picked it up in Perth back in '02).
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Don't forget about the 26 books coming from PS Publishing Squire...!

Comment

good point, but I don't have those yet (and the copy of Baudolino I have is a mass-produced trade HC, not a specialty press book.)
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thats why I am breezy.Yesterday 91 today 62 and windy.Nothing wrong with being long winded when it makes senceto be.
                                Originally posted by Teriw View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X