Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugen
    replied
    Most of these aren't free, but are discounted, so it helped me to sort by genre then by 'lowest price first.' That left a few pages for each genre I was interested in to wade through. That's not the greatest solution, but helped me narrow it down.

In addition to the earlier Ellison's, picked up Carroll, Leiber, Garton, Shirley and a Howard Fast.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    This list is overwhelming. Any must have recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    It turns out the publisher, Open Road Media, is doing a big promotion and a whole lot of books are free.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

There's a bunch of Ray Garton's older books in there, as well as some Fritz Leiber and John Shirley.

Edit: Wow, this is a truly massive sale. I really recommend going to Open Road's website and checking out their list of authors, because they publish like 2000+ people. Brian Aldiss, for example, doesn't show up anywhere in that link I just posted, but a ton of his books are up for free.
    Great find. They have some interesting titles available.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    A tip: a number of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's books are up for free, but you'll need to search for Chelsea Q Yarbro.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    That's AWESOME! Good looking out!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    It turns out the publisher, Open Road Media, is doing a big promotion and a whole lot of books are free.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

There's a bunch of Ray Garton's older books in there, as well as some Fritz Leiber and John Shirley.

Edit: Wow, this is a truly massive sale. I really recommend going to Open Road's website and checking out their list of authors, because they publish like 2000+ people. Brian Aldiss, for example, doesn't show up anywhere in that link I just posted, but a ton of his books are up for free.
    Last edited by slayn666; 12-19-2016, 03:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Thanks Bugen. Beyond a helluva deal. "Bought" them all.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    My understanding is that when Amazon does these promotions they still pay the artist full compensation.
    Most likely what's happening here is that Amazon is price matching. You can't actually offer something for free on Amazon, but if you offer it for free on a different store as part of a promotion or something Amazon will price match it. I'm not 100% sure how that equates to actual sales numbers though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bugen View Post
    It seems a little too good to be true, and it's possible someone's going to end up getting sued, but I just picked up the following Harlan Ellison e-books from Amazon for my Kindle:

Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled
    Ellison Wonderland
    Gentleman Junkie
    The Deadly Streets
    Troublemakers
    Stalking the Nightmare
    Harlan Ellison's Watching
    From the Land of Fear
    Paingod: And Other Delusions
    Spider Kiss
    Partners in Wonder
    Approaching Oblivion
    Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed
    An Edge in My Voice
    Children of the Streets
    The Other Glass Teat
    Memos from Purgatory
    Harlan Ellison's Movie
    The Harlan Ellison Hornbook

Total cost? $0.00

Many of these aren't considered among his major collections, but a bunch of them are. At the very least people should be interested in Ellison Wonderland, Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled, and Paingod: And Other Delusions as highlights from an extraordinary career in speculative fiction.
    My understanding is that when Amazon does these promotions they still pay the artist full compensation.
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 12-16-2016, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Fantastic!! Thanks bugen!! Made my day!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up, I just grabbed all of these.

Edit: And someone is definitely getting sued: Harlan doesn't give anything away.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    It seems a little too good to be true, and it's possible someone's going to end up getting sued, but I just picked up the following Harlan Ellison e-books from Amazon for my Kindle:

Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled
    Ellison Wonderland
    Gentleman Junkie
    The Deadly Streets
    Troublemakers
    Stalking the Nightmare
    Harlan Ellison's Watching
    From the Land of Fear
    Paingod: And Other Delusions
    Spider Kiss
    Partners in Wonder
    Approaching Oblivion
    Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed
    An Edge in My Voice
    Children of the Streets
    The Other Glass Teat
    Memos from Purgatory
    Harlan Ellison's Movie
    The Harlan Ellison Hornbook

Total cost? $0.00

Many of these aren't considered among his major collections, but a bunch of them are. At the very least people should be interested in Ellison Wonderland, Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled, and Paingod: And Other Delusions as highlights from an extraordinary career in speculative fiction.

Leave a comment:

• zimmer
    replied
    Tons of Deadite Press ebooks have been discounted to 0.99. If my memory serves this is a first for them.

Search for your favorite author on amazon and see what's for sale. I picked up a ton of WJW, Keene, and Gonzalez.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The ebook version of Invisible Fences by Norm Prentiss is currently free on Amazon. If ou have not read this one et you should check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JT5OWG...rorbargains-20

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Black Friday crowds at B&N (at least in my part of KCMO) aren't too bad. Far worse is looking at the books that have been picked up, treated roughly, and then put back. Maybe they even have some holiday cold bugs in them, too!

Bonus!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X