CD Magazines (Desperately) Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yes congrats to you!!! Question though now that the hunt is over is there also a little sadness?We all love the thrill of the hunt isn't that
    part of it?Great for you
    The thrill of the hunt is indeed the best part, and I suppose once I've actually received # 6 (it still has to make it through a 12,000 mile flight and handling by two postal agencies yet) and can slot it into it's proper position in the collection, then there'll be a moments silence - then straight on to the next pursuit - Woo Hoo

Comment

The thrill of the hunt is indeed the best part, and I suppose once I've actually received # 6 (it still has to make it through a 12,000 mile flight and handling by two postal agencies yet) and can slot it into it's proper position in the collection, then there'll be a moments silence - then straight on to the next pursuit - Woo Hoo
      Ha! I do the very same thing!!! Still, I do go back and check up on them from time to time (just to make sure they haven't run away!)

Actually, with so many books and so little room, I'm constantly trying different grouping strategies, to try and make them all fit. There's a terrific short story by Ray Bradbury, "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" that captures how manic I can be about book collecting. Anyone familiar with it?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jimster57 View Post
        Ha! I do the very same thing!!! Still, I do go back and check up on them from time to time (just to make sure they haven't run away!)

Actually, with so many books and so little room, I'm constantly trying different grouping strategies, to try and make them all fit. There's a terrific short story by Ray Bradbury, "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" that captures how manic I can be about book collecting. Anyone familiar with it?

Jim
        Hehehe ... with you on that one (re the making sure that nothing has magically disappeared in the dead of night) and the constant reorganisation required to make new acquisitions fit ) .... I'll have to check out the Bradbury story you mention, sounds like my sort of story ...

Comment

Yeah, Baby, Yeah !!!!!!!! (Doin' a little victory lap around the garage with this bad boy )

CD # 6.jpg

Thanks Jim

Comment

I, myself, have been known to howl at the moon on ocassions. And run around naked screaming words of joy.....

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              I, myself, have been known to howl at the moon on ocassions. And run around naked screaming words of joy.....

Hmmmmmm ... why does this not surprise me in the slightest, Mr Boone I assume that you exhibit only on special occasions, or, like me, is it a random sort of expression, requiring no particular trigger, and only inhibited during the colder winter months, where I tend to terrorise air-conditioned shopping malls in a similar manner instead of the wild and woolly outdoors

Comment

Congratulations on your complete CD magazine set Grant! Very Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                  Hmmmmmm ... why does this not surprise me in the slightest, Mr Boone I assume that you exhibit only on special occasions, or, like me, is it a random sort of expression, requiring no particular trigger, and only inhibited during the colder winter months, where I tend to terrorise air-conditioned shopping malls in a similar manner instead of the wild and woolly outdoors
                  Here in the great north east we run naked through the snow all the time.We only get 2 seasons winter and the 4th of July

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Here in the great north east we run naked through the snow all the time.We only get 2 seasons winter and the 4th of July
                    Can only imagine the weather is like stateside - we unfortunates down under have to tolerate (as was the case with the winter just passed) two whole frosts and three foggy mornings during those three months. Man, 60 degrees minimum mid winter is our burden to bear On the plus side, we can run wherever we want, however we want, and not have worry in the slightest about snow related shrinkage

Comment

Yes, I have this issue, (#6) let me know if you still need it & thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X