No announcement yet.

Books for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Jeffsta; 04-30-2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Jeffsta-Are you majorly downsizing your collection? ~Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        Jeffsta-Are you majorly downsizing your collection? ~Cap
        I've run out of space and need to let go of many books and I've retired and think it best to downsize.

Comment

I've sent you a pm Jeffsta. ~Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffsta View Post

I've run out of space and need to let go of many books and I've retired and think it best to downsize.
            I understand completely. I've been giving books away to my family. I saw this not too long ago.

from Carlos Maria Dominguez's THE HOUSE OF PAPER:
            "It is often much harder to get rid of books than it is to acquire them. They stick to us in that pact of need and oblivion we make with them, witnesses to a moment in our lives we will never see again. . . The truth is that in the end, the size of a library does matter. We lay the books out for inspection like a huge exposed brain, offering miserable excuses and feigned modesty. . . There is a moment, however, when we have accumulated so many books that they cross an invisible line, and what was once a sense of pride becomes a burden, because from now on space will always be a problem."

Comment

Man, that is one insightful (and all too relatable) quote!
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Sigh LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I understand completely. I've been giving books away to my family. I saw this not too long ago.

from Carlos Maria Dominguez's THE HOUSE OF PAPER:
                  "It is often much harder to get rid of books than it is to acquire them. They stick to us in that pact of need and oblivion we make with them, witnesses to a moment in our lives we will never see again. . . The truth is that in the end, the size of a library does matter. We lay the books out for inspection like a huge exposed brain, offering miserable excuses and feigned modesty. . . There is a moment, however, when we have accumulated so many books that they cross an invisible line, and what was once a sense of pride becomes a burden, because from now on space will always be a problem."
                  I can commiserate with you! It's been really tough letting go of these books and I don't think it possible for me to give up my book collecting completely. The desire is still there.

Comment

I understand. It really is a life long hobby, obsession, addiction lol!!

Comment

I've been waiting for months to see if you'd end up selling those other Bradbury titles and then you went and listed them together!

*Sigh*

AND you listed The Exorcist/Legion??

Well, I'm going to go try and sell some books to get some spending money, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        I've been waiting for months to see if you'd end up selling those other Bradbury titles and then you went and listed them together!

*Sigh*

AND you listed The Exorcist/Legion??

Well, I'm going to go try and sell some books to get some spending money, haha...
                        Sorry about not getting them listed sooner and hope to get some more Bradbury listed in the near future. Just let me know when you're ready for any of these titles.

Comment

Hi WMJ75, I see you sent me a notification yesterday but for whatever reason there was no text visible in your message. You can contact me direct at [email protected] if you'd like.Thanks.

Comment

Last edited by Jeffsta; 04-30-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Jeffsta; 04-30-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Jeffsta; 04-30-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X