Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sorry man. That is why I've left instructions for my wife/children on what to do with my books when I pass. They will be going somewhere that actually knows books and knows the market for them.

Sounds like these folks just figured a book is a book.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    These cocksuckers sent me Secretary of Dreams Volume 2. They better issue a damned refund.

Looks like Dave was the winner of Volume 2, so maybe all is not lost here. Check your PMs my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    These cocksuckers sent me Secretary of Dreams Volume 2. They better issue a damned refund.

Looks like Dave was the winner of Volume 2, so maybe all is not lost here. Check your PMs my friend.
    Responded I better check what I get against my list, just to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

Last edited by slayn666; 09-24-2019, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I got a call yesterday too. $80 for shipping. Good thing I got some bargains.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Just got a call and paid for shipping about an hour ago. Wasn't bad at all I was expecting the bill to be worse. I had been planning to call the auction house tomorrow morning about shipping. Now I'm looking forward to getting a big box of books in a week or so.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Almost twenty bucks to ship two books via media mail ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Damned "handling fees"

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Nothing yet for me.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Then again, if I calculate (bids + 13% premium) * NJ sales tax, it comes out to what they charged me. Maybe shipping will be extra after all.
    Seems like the extra charge is, indeed, sales tax. The shipper left me a message earlier asking to arrange everything.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.
    Then again, if I calculate (bids + 13% premium) * NJ sales tax, it comes out to what they charged me. Maybe shipping will be extra after all.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I just hope they pack things properly.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

Anyone heard from this mystery shipper yet?

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Maybe they are waiting for all payments, so they can ship everything at once. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Got charged today but haven't heard anything back. I did get a response during the sale agreeing to wait a week for me to pay. I really didn't expect to hear anything until I paid.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

I haven't heard anything yet.

Leave a comment:

• joseph92
    replied

nope, the buyers premium for me is like $30, there's some bs about a handling fee there too, so Idk wth is the buyers premium for then, but alright... it's my first time buying somewhere like this. you learn on your mistakes I guess.

and I heard from the shipper one time, but haven't answered for 2 days now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X