Book Sale - Some pictures from my bookcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Sale - Some pictures from my bookcase

I have had to deal with some issues lately and I just have not had time to return to selling books on eBay. I thought I would try the "Tommy" method. The bottom line is I have way too many books and I've stopped buying more books. If you see a title you seek, let me know-Maybe we can work out a deal. ~Steve (aka Cap)

P1000319.jpg
    P1000316.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by c marvel; 12-15-2016, 08:08 AM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

It's probably way out of my price range, but what are you asking for that copy of The Rising?

Comment

I'd be curious as well (with second dibs, of course ).

As far as the others, I'm afraid I can only make out about half the titles...any chance of better / better lit photos?
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Here is another shelf of books. The pictures should be better this time since there is more lighting by this bookcase. Since two people have asked, The Rising is not for sale. I will try to take retake pictures again tonight. ~Steve (aka Cap)

P1000320.jpgP1000321.jpg

Comment

A second reason for keeping The Rising is because of what I went through when I sold a Stephen King Gift edition. I checked my email during time off when I was away overnight to see a show. One person sent me a very sarcastic email, complete with special highlighting-It was clear this person was PO'ed (pissed off) I was going to keep the book for a while. Later, when I did sell the SK Gift edition-I got a second email from the same individual asking What are you doing?
          Trust me, I haven't forgotten the person's name. Thanks for listening everyone!

Cap
          Last edited by c marvel; 12-16-2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            A second reason for keeping The Rising is because of what I went through when I sold a Stephen King Gift edition. I checked my email during time off when I was away overnight to see a show. One person sent me a very sarcastic email, complete with special highlighting-It was clear this person was PO'ed (pissed off) I was going to keep the book for a while. Later, when I did sell the SK Gift edition-I got a second email from the same individual asking What are you doing?
            Trust me, I haven't forgotten the person's name. Thanks for listening everyone!

Cap
            LOL!!

Comment

Bad experiences in the book trade -- at least in my experience -- are few and far between, thankfully. In the near thirty years that I've been doing this, I've only had a handful of bad experiences...a book with condition that was really mis-described on eBay (w/ a stock photo), a 2nd edition that was advertised as a 1st (again on eBay...I've since learned to ask questions if there is any doubt), a promotional chapbook that was due me but never released (but compensated years later), and a bookstore that just outight stole my money...I didn't shed a tear when they closed shop a while back: http://www.sarahweinman.com/confessi...k-.html...good riddance. So I'm not surprised you remember their name...such experiences in the field are so rare that they're both memorable and leave a lingering bad taste in your mouth. Thankfully, most book lovers are honest, good folk...though eBay (if that's where it happened, Cap) does muddy the water a bit.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The individual I mentioned sending me a nasty email did so because HE apparently thought I had agreed to sell him that Stephen King gift edition and I had posted here in the CD Forums about selling a Stephen King gift edition. The other bad experience I remember is letting someone buy an early Delirium Books title-One that was valuable. I was not aware that book had real value. From what I can tell, this buyer knew it had value and to be frank about it-He hoodwinked me. So, as a result of what I've described here, I am wary and struggle when it comes to selling a S/L book, specifically agreeing on a book's value. I knew going the eBay route would not be fun or easy and I really do not like selling on eBay.

~Steve (aka Cap)
                Last edited by c marvel; 12-17-2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

How quick are you looking to sell your books? I have some interest in the Tartarus Press books, but probably wouldn't be looking to pick them up until the new year.

Comment

I can wait Theli. Just get back to me when you're ready.

Cap

Comment

Hey Cap - I'll PM you about Dark at Heart.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        I can wait Theli. Just get back to me when you're ready.

Cap
                        Great! Will do.

Comment

I'm still trying to sell a few books. I will do my best to take more pictures of books to sell on my nights off (Taking pictures is something I'm not good at). I haven't given up on this and hopefully I'll soon have new eBay listings. These are my goals on my nights off.

Cap
                          Last edited by c marvel; 12-21-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Theli-Were you still interested in the two Tartarus Press books? I didn't want to post this here. However, I got a message saying your Inbox or whatever was full when I tried sending you a private message.

Cap

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Just sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X