Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Salem's Lot 1/600 by Centipede Press

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looking for Salem's Lot 1/600 by Centipede Press

    Looking to pay around $200 for a VF copy of Salem's Lot published by Centipede Press.

    Thank you.

    #2
    Originally posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Looking to pay around $200 for a VF copy of Salem's Lot published by Centipede Press.

    Thank you.
    Unfortunately, finding a VF copy of this book for $200 seems very unlikely as they are currently being sold at a much higher price...

    Ebay currently has two copies for sale, the first is a VF copy which is selling for $425. See link below:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-LOT-b...item3a8413cfef

    The other is selling for $399.99 or best offer, but has "a few light spots on the boards, soft shelf wear, dampstains at the edges of the front." See link below:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salems-Lot-L...item1e7b4c5b4b

    Abebooks are selling one copy for $399.99 but this seems to be the same copy with damp stains that is currently listed on Ebay for the same price: See link below:

    http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...+lot&x=70&y=15

    According to the link on Abebooks, a signed copy will set you back $6,500 and the ultra rare Roman-numeraled edition costs $12,500!!!!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

    Comment


      #3
      They don't have anything like that right now, but keep checking Betts Books. It shows up ocassionally.

      http://bettsbooks.com/
      "I'm a vegan. "

      ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

      Comment


        #4
        $200 for a signed edition??

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          $200 for a signed edition??
          No, the Centipede Press edition of this book that was limited to 600 copies is unsigned. That said, copies of this book even unsigned are fetching prices in-excess of $400.

          The signed edition of this book is currently fetching a price of $6,500 on Abebooks!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

          Comment


            #6
            Wow!!! I have the signed, but I think it was a "lower-end" signed. Didn't they have different signed editions??

            Comment


              #7
              Correct, there were several versions of the signed edition:
              300 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-300 in black
              80 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-80 in red
              15 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-XV in black
              10 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-X in red

              The regular signed edition has been selling anywhere from $1000 to $2000 (actual selling prices, not just listing prices).
              A black roman numeral signed copy(one of 15) just sold for $6000 on August 1st.
              A red numbered copy sold for $3500 in June.

              The gift editions are all over the place.
              I've seen a couple of them that did actually sell in that $400 to $600 range, but those included the extra set of prints and the traycase from the Collector. If you don't want those and are looking for just the book, $200 to $300 is possible with patience.

              A lot of them are listed at high prices, but with a couple of rare exceptions, they haven't actually been fetching those prices.

              Comment


                #8
                Way to rich for my blood. I still can't believe I bought a signed edition of Dr. Sleep.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I got an excellent copy (1/600) from Betts Books a while back. Not only was it still brand new and sealed in shrink wrap, it also came with a set of the original photos taken for the book. If I remember correctly I paid $225 for it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Top tell the truth, I really don't like the Salem's Lot limited edition.....that material of the cover and the slipcase attracts dust from 4 house down the block! The only reason I kept it is because it IS Salem's Lot.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      subie09lega sold me his extra copy sans tray case for $200 and I love it! It's still in the shrinkwrap because of the fine materials it is made of, it seems like as soon as I would touch it, the damn thing would get dirty instantly! I will have to buy some white rubber gloves before I decide to open the shrinkwrap

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        subie09lega sold me his extra copy sans tray case for $200 and I love it! It's still in the shrinkwrap because of the fine materials it is made of, it seems like as soon as I would touch it, the damn thing would get dirty instantly! I will have to buy some white rubber gloves before I decide to open the shrinkwrap
                        That's why I have never bothered trying to get a copy of this edition. I heard it's just too much of a nightmare to keep clean!!!

                        Damn shame though, as Salem's Lot is a bloody good book!!!

                        What it needs is a specialist publisher, expert in creating beautifully crafted books to really go to town and release a definitive super deluxe edition...

                        Now where do we find such a publisher?....







                        Hey Brian!.....
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

                        Comment


                          #13
                          As much as I would love it, I would think King wold not allow another limited of the same title.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            You are right!

                            Originally posted by Scoogs View Post
                            Correct, there were several versions of the signed edition:
                            300 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-300 in black
                            80 limited edition copies signed/numbered 1-80 in red
                            15 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-XV in black
                            10 deluxe leather copies signed/numbered I-X in red

                            The regular signed edition has been selling anywhere from $1000 to $2000 (actual selling prices, not just listing prices).
                            A black roman numeral signed copy(one of 15) just sold for $6000 on August 1st.
                            A red numbered copy sold for $3500 in June.

                            The gift editions are all over the place.
                            I've seen a couple of them that did actually sell in that $400 to $600 range, but those included the extra set of prints and the traycase from the Collector. If you don't want those and are looking for just the book, $200 to $300 is possible with patience.

                            A lot of them are listed at high prices, but with a couple of rare exceptions, they haven't actually been fetching those prices.
                            You are right to differentiate between listed prices and actual price at which these books are selling.

                            G

                            Comment


                              #15
                              The unsigned edition is bound in regular book cloth, it's fairly easy to clean if dust gets on it.
                              Just get a kneaded eraser(press in onto the cloth, don't rub) or a lint roller, problem solved.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X