• Show
Clear All

• Jaymes2000
    replied
    Wow, that was a great deal.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    man, i would have gone over $100 if i saw this auction. congrats. that's a LOT of books.

Leave a comment:

• bstee
    replied
    So looks like you got sniped by a buck, was it someone on here?

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    If I still lived in NJ I'd totally be all over this auction! A nice drive up to the CD office to pick it up would be an added bonus!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I understand the price thats for sure. It's alot of books. Just doesn't make sense for anyone outside the country. It's pricey enough inside the country. Prob why theres not many bids(on top of snipers anyway who are just waiting) If I lived in Maryland I'd go for it. lol
    Yep, truthfully we weren't really expecting many bids on this. From my experience running these auctions we don't make a whole lot of money off of these "random book" auctions for books that are sent to us. Or I should say the amount of money we make vs. the ammount of man hours that goes into setting up the auctions don't really work out well. Which is why we decided to do a bulk auction this time. Though to be honest we may have gotten a little carried away with this one.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I understand the price thats for sure. It's alot of books. Just doesn't make sense for anyone outside the country. It's pricey enough inside the country. Prob why theres not many bids(on top of snipers anyway who are just waiting) If I lived in Maryland I'd go for it. lol

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    $1400 for shipping. hahaha. I looked at the price and said hey if I resold them i'd make my money back but with that kind of shipping, not likely. lol
    Yea it's a bit expensive for anyone outside the country. Then again it is also approximately 14 boxes at about 20 pounds a piece.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    $1400 for shipping. hahaha. I looked at the price and said hey if I resold them i'd make my money back but with that kind of shipping, not likely. lol

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I wish I had a lot of money to buy this. I don't have room for all those books, but I am sure there are enough to make it worth it for me since it would come with that gift certificate

Leave a comment:

• Tree705
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    You sound like you want someone to outbid you so you can tell yourself, I tried, but soemone wanted it more, rather than go through the hassle of retracting your bid!

I've done that before....
    Not at all. My bid equals the $250 Cemetery Dance Gift Certificate. I'll end up spending that anyway and this way I'll get a bunch of free books with it. But if one of you guys really want it why not help you win it instead of someone I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Tree705 View Post
    If you want it bid more then $96 if I still have the top bid.
    You sound like you want someone to outbid you so you can tell yourself, I tried, but soemone wanted it more, rather than go through the hassle of retracting your bid!

I've done that before....

Leave a comment:

• ClydeUmney
    replied
    ok, thanks, Dan!

Leave a comment:

• Tree705
    replied
    If you want it bid more then $96 if I still have the top bid.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    i'd Have to do the media mail shipping. But it's tempting.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I'm tempted...as for shipping, I could just drive down there and pick them up. It's only 88 miles each way

Leave a comment:

Working...
X