Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    FYI. Bill is posting a few extra copies of random things and announcing them over on FB.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Any other US Pacific Time Zone-Dwellers noticing Subpress recently sending their newsletters out at the mercifully-appreciated time of around 9;00 am? I may actually have a chance now at some of the things I never did before. Neat, and thanks!
    I did receive their email today at 9am; however, I received their Monday email at 5am. Not sure why there's a discrepancy but would imagine it stays at the East coast time. Much like yourself, as a PT person, I wish they would move their emails & announcements to later in the day. It sucks having to get up that early to try and catch a pre-order link that may sell-out quickly or when they have their annual sale.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Any other US Pacific Time Zone-Dwellers noticing Subpress recently sending their newsletters out at the mercifully-appreciated time of around 9;00 am? I may actually have a chance now at some of the things I never did before. Neat, and thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Thankfully, today's Suntup wasn't a must for me; so, I decided to roll the dice on the Lividian title. As a side note, I do wish Lividian had a cheaper shipping option. For me, the cheapest option was $24 bucks, (I am in the US).
    I'm in NJ and only paid $12.45 for USPS Priority Mail for the Lividian book.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I was tempted to get Lividian's newest offering, but they didn't do a pay later option and I couldn't justify that cost today.

Very interested (and scared) about Suntup's offer tomorrow. I'll find out in about 12 hours I guess.
    Thankfully, today's Suntup wasn't a must for me; so, I decided to roll the dice on the Lividian title. As a side note, I do wish Lividian had a cheaper shipping option. For me, the cheapest option was $24 bucks, (I am in the US).

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I was tempted to get Lividian's newest offering, but they didn't do a pay later option and I couldn't justify that cost today.

Very interested (and scared) about Suntup's offer tomorrow. I'll find out in about 12 hours I guess.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    More Lansdale is always a good thing.

Since I was there, I also picked up Caitlin Kiernan's Bradbury Weather collection, and placed my super secret pre-order of The Daughter of Doctor Moreau from Silvia Moreno-Garcia.

Those three books pretty much blow my book budget for the month. Unsure of what Suntup will announce this week, but I hope it's something I can live without.
    That's funny! My wallet feels the same way about this week's Suntup announcement.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    More Lansdale is always a good thing.

Since I was there, I also picked up Caitlin Kiernan's Bradbury Weather collection, and placed my super secret pre-order of The Daughter of Doctor Moreau from Silvia Moreno-Garcia.

Those three books pretty much blow my book budget for the month. Unsure of what Suntup will announce this week, but I hope it's something I can live without.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Very excited by today's SubPress offering: The Senior Girls Bayonet Drill Team and Other Stories.  Anytime a new Lansdale story collection is announced I am over the moon!  Purchased my copy immediately!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    SubPress had an Other Publisher's sale for a few items this morning. Was able to snag a new AGE of Suntup's "The Butcher's Boy" for $50. Super excited as I was hoping to one day pick this up on the aftermarket. Now I have a new copy at a fraction of the price! Wish I would have been able to snag a copy of the Outsiders too, but it looks like it sold out before I read the SubPress newsletter today. Oh well. Still super excited for Butcher's Boy!
    Received my copy of Butcher's Boy from SubPress. Suntup knocked the production out of the park. Really dig the slipcase. Artwork and end-papers are very cool as well. Don't know much about the story or author; so, I'll be flying blind when I eventually pull it from the TBR stack.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    SubPress had an Other Publisher's sale for a few items this morning. Was able to snag a new AGE of Suntup's "The Butcher's Boy" for $50. Super excited as I was hoping to one day pick this up on the aftermarket. Now I have a new copy at a fraction of the price! Wish I would have been able to snag a copy of the Outsiders too, but it looks like it sold out before I read the SubPress newsletter today. Oh well. Still super excited for Butcher's Boy!
    I really wanted THE COLLECTOR & THE OUTSIDERS at those great prices, too, and sprinted from my email over to the site before my first sip of coffee early this morning, but- thwarted once again by Subpress's frustrating (for us PT Zone-dwellers) email policy. Eh', no big, and it's cool that they blew those books out at those prices. Some folks got great deals, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I was super-tempted by those prices. If The Collector hadn't sold out before I got to the website, I would've had to buy a copy. I really want the Centipede edition, but at $50, I just wouldn't be able to pass it up. I wound up buying nothing, which made my wallet sigh a little bit in relief.

Congrats on being able to get a copy of The Butcher Boy because that is one heck of a price!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I don't buy much from Subterranean, but I was all over today's announcement of a new Felix Castor novella by Mike Carey. I'm not a big fan of series fiction, but the Felix Castor novels hit a sweet spot for me. I'm hoping this means we'll see more in the series come our way via Sub Press.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Received my copy of Jeff Vandermeer's "Hummingbird Salamander". It turned out fantastic. Really love the use of color in this volume. Bonus section rocks as well. Can't wait to finally dig into this one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X