Subterranean Press sale starting 4/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subterranean Press sale starting 4/27

We recognize that things are tough for everyone right now, and in order to make some most excellent reading material available at unbeatable prices, we'll be running a 50% Off Sale on limited quantities of select titles. This is the only sale we have planned for this year.

The sale will go live on Monday, April 27, 2020 at 8:00 am EST and last for no more than two days, or while supplies last.
    The link, which will be active when the sale goes live:

https://subterraneanpress.com/sale
    As always, there are a few things to keep in mind:
    • In the case of limited editions, the books are legitimate numbered copies, not PCs.

• Books are in new condition, with the possibility of a very little wear from being on our warehouse shelves for a bit.
    • As an added incentive, we will be including some titles (including newer books) that we would not normally offer in a sale like this.

As usual, there are a few rules:

• A book is not "held" for you when it's put in your cart. It only becomes yours when a transaction is completed. (It's the way our shopping cart system is set up.)
    • We have a good quantity of most books listed, but not all. If you suspect a book is in short supply, you may wish to order it immediately, and separately.
    • There is a limit of one copy of each edition per title.
    • We're not able to apply the discount retroactively to past purchases.
    • Only books ordered from the sale page are eligible for the discount. If you order books from another product page, you will be charged the regular price.
    • We are not able to accept requests for specific number copies of these titles.
    • We are not able to combine orders or shipping.

We're going donate 10% of the gross proceeds from the sale (less shipping charges) to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America to use for their COVID-19 Relief Grants. To read more about their efforts, go here.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    We recognize that things are tough for everyone right now, and in order to make some most excellent reading material available at unbeatable prices, we'll be running a 50% Off Sale on limited quantities of select titles. This is the only sale we have planned for this year.

The sale will go live on Monday, April 27, 2020 at 8:00 am EST and last for no more than two days, or while supplies last.
    The link, which will be active when the sale goes live:

https://subterraneanpress.com/sale
    As always, there are a few things to keep in mind:
    • In the case of limited editions, the books are legitimate numbered copies, not PCs.

• Books are in new condition, with the possibility of a very little wear from being on our warehouse shelves for a bit.
    • As an added incentive, we will be including some titles (including newer books) that we would not normally offer in a sale like this.

As usual, there are a few rules:

• A book is not "held" for you when it's put in your cart. It only becomes yours when a transaction is completed. (It's the way our shopping cart system is set up.)
    • We have a good quantity of most books listed, but not all. If you suspect a book is in short supply, you may wish to order it immediately, and separately.
    • There is a limit of one copy of each edition per title.
    • We're not able to apply the discount retroactively to past purchases.
    • Only books ordered from the sale page are eligible for the discount. If you order books from another product page, you will be charged the regular price.
    • We are not able to accept requests for specific number copies of these titles.
    • We are not able to combine orders or shipping.

We're going donate 10% of the gross proceeds from the sale (less shipping charges) to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America to use for their COVID-19 Relief Grants. To read more about their efforts, go here.
    Got This Email as well and am excited; however, I wish that SubPress would consider occasionally switching the launch times of their sales. They always seem to launch at 8am EST. Seeing that I'm a west-coaster (Arizona), that means I 'll have to get up a bit prior to 5am if I want to be among the first people to have a chance at the titles; otherwise, I may be picking over the leftovers.

Comment

They get me every time...

I can't wait to see what titles are on sale!

Comment

I will never forget the time I got the YY lettered edition of Robert McCammon's STINGER in one of their half price sales in 2016. I'm still pinching myself over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          I will never forget the time I got the YY lettered edition of Robert McCammon's STINGER in one of their half price sales in 2016. I'm still pinching myself over that one.
          Nice one! I’d still be pinching myself if I were you too! I always seem to miss out on the lettered editions I’d be interested in, but we’ll see what happens this time. Agree with Sholloman’s post above, as a west coast customer, 5am is a little rough to drag myself out of bed for some books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Agree with Sholloman’s post above, as a west coast customer, 5am is a little rough to drag myself out of bed for some books.
            Amen. I won't be getting up at 5am, so we'll see what's left, if anything, by the time I get to the computer. If it was site-wide I'd probably be there right at the opening bell, but since it's "select titles" I'll just have to hope and take my chances.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Got This Email as well and am excited; however, I wish that SubPress would consider occasionally switching the launch times of their sales. They always seem to launch at 8am EST. Seeing that I'm a west-coaster (Arizona), that means I 'll have to get up a bit prior to 5am if I want to be among the first people to have a chance at the titles; otherwise, I may be picking over the leftovers.
              Getting up at 5am is sleeping in for me. I'm up at 4 and at work by 5. Hopefully by 8 I'll be on my break so I can see if there is anything worth jumping on

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Getting up at 5am is sleeping in for me. I'm up at 4 and at work by 5. Hopefully by 8 I'll be on my break so I can see if there is anything worth jumping on
                Wow that's early bookworm1! Hope you get off work early in the day at least. My work day is generally 8am-5pm; so, having to get up a bit prior to 5am can be a kick in the teeth unless it's for a good/fun reason like a Subpress sale! Guess my Sunday evening energy level will dictate how early I am prepared to rise for this upcoming sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  During the last Sub Press sale I snagged a S/L White Bizango by Stephen Gallagher. It was a great price and I really enjoyed reading White Bizango so I'll try to remember to check out this new sale too.

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Wow that's early bookworm1! Hope you get off work early in the day at least. My work day is generally 8am-5pm; so, having to get up a bit prior to 5am can be a kick in the teeth unless it's for a good/fun reason like a Subpress sale! Guess my Sunday evening energy level will dictate how early I am prepared to rise for this upcoming sale.
                    Nope. Work till 4pm most days if I'm lucky. I missed the last Sub Press sale. Hopefully I can find something.

Comment

Some good sale titles this morning.

There are still some great deals left, plus Bill confirmed that there will be some new titles tomorrow morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        Some good sale titles this morning.

There are still some great deals left, plus Bill confirmed that there will be some new titles tomorrow morning!
                        Picked up Ian M. Banks' "Use of Weapons". Have never read this author, but, have been close to pulling the trigger on this one in the past and figured now was the time to snag it since it is half-price. Will be interested to see what Bill lists tomorrow.

Comment

Man, I didn't find didley at the sale. Saved my pennies over the weekend, too, in anticipation. Granted, I'm not much into the modern fantasy that makes up a lot of Subpress's roster nowadays, but thought I'd find something (Well, I did immediately put the latest Zafon book in my cart- and it booted me out on checkout and was removed from the sale).

Where did Bill say that he'll be adding more?

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                            Where did Bill say that he'll be adding more?
                            He commented on a Sub Press Readers post on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                              He commented on a Sub Press Readers post on Facebook.
                              Ah. We'll, maybe better luck tomorrow then. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X