X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    The Pinborough Halloween series book has been my favorite thing she has written. Strongly recommend it!
    That was a good one. The "twist" was pretty evident from early on, but it was one of those books that was written so well that it didn't really diminish the enjoyment of it. I've read several of her books, and she's quite good, though notably (and understandably) improved from her very early works. I still haven't read BEHIND HER EYES...need to do that one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    The Pinborough Halloween series book has been my favorite thing she has written. Strongly recommend it!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I loved the Pinborough book! Her story in Hark! The Herald Angels Scream was excellent, too.
    I keep wanting to get to that one. I did just pick up the hc of BEHIND HER EYES at B&N for $6.98 since I heard good things AND it was a good price. Maybe I’ll do a Pinborough double-feature.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    That's much better than what I have been doing. I write the number 1 on a tiny piece of duct tape and then I superglue that over whatever number is there. But it's almost impossible to read the number sometimes on the duct tape. So then I glue a piece of cardboard with the number 2 on it over that. I figure I already had a matching set of number 1s so any change means I now have number 2s.
    Wow, you are deprived. Here on the west coast our duct tape has its own adhesive, no glue needed!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Sure you can get matching numbers! All you need is some off that white out stuff and a pen.
    Two small press publishers have actually used white out on their releases. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Sure you can get matching numbers! All you need is some off that white out stuff and a pen.
    That's much better than what I have been doing. I write the number 1 on a tiny piece of duct tape and then I superglue that over whatever number is there. But it's almost impossible to read the number sometimes on the duct tape. So then I glue a piece of cardboard with the number 2 on it over that. I figure I already had a matching set of number 1s so any change means I now have number 2s.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Sure is! That's a 14 year commitment! I've only latched my car to that train just recently with GOBLIN. I started buying the previous installments and have quite a few. But no chance of matching numbers.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    I've only bought the Pinborough and really wish I'd bought the Malerman. Probably best I don't even look at the rest of the line to keep my want list lower.
    I loved the Pinborough book! Her story in Hark! The Herald Angels Scream was excellent, too.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    I've only bought the Pinborough and really wish I'd bought the Malerman. Probably best I don't even look at the rest of the line to keep my want list lower.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Congrats on the matching numbered set. That’s impressive!
    Sure is! That's a 14 year commitment! I've only latched my car to that train just recently with GOBLIN. I started buying the previous installments and have quite a few. But no chance of matching numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I have the complete Earthling Halloween series S/L set w. the same number. Of course I ordered Bloodlines. I wish I had Mr Dark's Carnival. I sure don't expect to own a copy of MDC. ~Cap
    Congrats on the matching numbered set. That’s impressive!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    MR. DARK'S CARNIVAL is Holy Grail territory for me. Camelot still has their copy for $1495. I'd love a full lettered set of the Earthling Halloween series, but they are super scarce and very expensive; not quite the level of MR. DARK, but $350-500 each. Besides MR. DARK, I'm only missing three (BY WIZARD OAK, BLOOD HARVEST, and GOBLIN). I'll be pulling the trigger on BLOODLINES and hopefully make headway on the final three.
    I have the complete Earthling Halloween series S/L set w. the same number. Of course I ordered Bloodlines. I wish I had Mr Dark's Carnival. I sure don't expect to own a copy of MDC. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I don't own the other titles in this trilogy and so I'm passing on this...unless someone can tell me that I don't need the other two.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That's pretty cool jeffingoff! Glad to hear that some other people on the forum are picking up this title. Earthling's Halloween series rocks. I've always wished I had the full set but can't imagine I'll ever be able to afford/snag "MR. DARK'S CARNIVAL" by Glen Hirshberg. Maybe one day....
    Yeah, a while back Paul offered 5 Halloween titles for the insanely low price of $15 each. I bought the 4 I didn't already have. Even still, I'm not going to try to complete the set.
    MR. DARK'S CARNIVAL is Holy Grail territory for me. Camelot still has their copy for $1495. I'd love a full lettered set of the Earthling Halloween series, but they are super scarce and very expensive; not quite the level of MR. DARK, but $350-500 each. Besides MR. DARK, I'm only missing three (BY WIZARD OAK, BLOOD HARVEST, and GOBLIN). I'll be pulling the trigger on BLOODLINES and hopefully make headway on the final three.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    That's pretty cool jeffingoff! Glad to hear that some other people on the forum are picking up this title. Earthling's Halloween series rocks. I've always wished I had the full set but can't imagine I'll ever be able to afford/snag "MR. DARK'S CARNIVAL" by Glen Hirshberg. Maybe one day....
    Yeah, a while back Paul offered 5 Halloween titles for the insanely low price of $15 each. I bought the 4 I didn't already have. Even still, I'm not going to try to complete the set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X