X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    If you want them let me know. I probably have materials sitting around that I could make one or two more.
    Thanks! I’ll send you an email and let you know for sure by end of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
    I definitely feel that there’s standalone value for all of the carvings. It looks very sharp on the shelf or wall as a focus piece. Unfortunately I missed out on the first two that were done.
    If you want them let me know. I probably have materials sitting around that I could make one or two more.

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    The next one, like the Salems' Lot piece, I feel is really able to stand on it's own without knowing anything about the book. The designs for Carrie and Revival not so much.
    I definitely feel that there’s standalone value for all of the carvings. It looks very sharp on the shelf or wall as a focus piece. Unfortunately I missed out on the first two that were done.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. The art looks great.
    Absolutely not. I know these aren't for everyone (if they were I'd sell a lot more of them)

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. The art looks great.

The next one, like the Salems' Lot piece, I feel is really able to stand on it's own without knowing anything about the book. The designs for Carrie and Revival not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The next one does look excellent. I didn't care for the book much so that will certainly play into my decision on this.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The next one does look excellent. I didn't care for the book much so that will certainly play into my decision on this.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Wow that’s another great design and definitely hoping to get one. Thanks for sharing the link!
    No problem. I'm thinking we'll offer them in October sometime. I need to remember to check with my wood supplier to see if he has enough of the black walnut, otherwise I may have to go hunting on Craigslist

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Wow that’s another great design and definitely hoping to get one. Thanks for sharing the link!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Can’t wait to see the next carving also! I really think these look even better in person than what you see in the photos. The details are just amazing. I’d highly recommend for anyone who has been on the fence in the past. Keep them coming and awesome job again!
    I actually made the prototype for the next one back in April, but we switched gears to Revival. I posted a photo of it on my Instagram. Here's a link for anyone who's interested.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqA9Nql..._web_copy_link

Leave a comment:

• MikeStegs
    replied
    ...I'm really looking forward to the next carving, it's probably my favorite design yet.
    Can’t wait to see the next carving also! I really think these look even better in person than what you see in the photos. The details are just amazing. I’d highly recommend for anyone who has been on the fence in the past. Keep them coming and awesome job again!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Nice! I'm glad you like it. Overall I'm really happy with how these turned out. Though I don't think I'll do the 2 color paint again, it was a huge pain to do and made the painting process take several times longer than the previous ones. I'm really looking forward to the next carving, it's probably my favorite design yet.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That's beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    It looks great! The two colors of paint really sets it off. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is sharp looking. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X