X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I know that it's probably not feasible, but I wish that there was a way to know ahead of time where these limited book rights may end up. Before SST announced they would be doing Cabin (not a part of their original 3 book announcement), DRP had already announced their version
    Actually, Cabin was part of the original 3-book set. From the email way back in March of 2019!

I’m very happy to announce that SST will be publishing three Signed Limited Hardcover editions by award-winning author Paul Tremblay.

The first title is the Bram Stoker Award winning novel A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS of which Stephen King said: “Scared the living hell out of me, and I’m pretty hard to scare.” It is available for advance preorder now (it won’t officially be announced to the public for a couple of days) and will be published this summer:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/A-Head...of-Ghosts.html

The second title is DISAPEARANCE AT DEVIL’S ROCK which will be available for preorder in a couple of months, and the third title is the Bram Stoker Award nominated THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD.

It's why I was able to resist the DRP edition--I had a set coming from SST AND I had never read any Tremblay!

After this, Paul added Growing Things and Survivor Song and I'm glad to be on board.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    I know that it's probably not feasible, but I wish that there was a way to know ahead of time where these limited book rights may end up. Before SST announced they would be doing Cabin (not a part of their original 3 book announcement), DRP had already announced their version; so, I went with that version to ensure that I would have a limited copy of the book before it sold out and with no real way of knowing if SST was planning to do a version as well. Now, the same thing is now occurring with Survivor Song. SST announced their version first; so, I went with that version; however, if I had known that DRP would be doing a version, I would most likely have held off on the SST version so that Cabin & Survivor Song could match/have uniformity on the shelf (not that I don't love SST). Going to look a bit weird for all of my limited Tremblay books to be SST except the DRP Cabin. I'm not a man of means; so, there is no way, as much as I might like to, that I could ever justify having multiple limited editions of the same book. Oh well, first world problems right.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Dark Regions announced they’ll be doing a limited/lettered edition of Tremblay’s SURVIVOR SONG to match their upcoming edition of CABIN. Now I’m thinking a nice set of lettered editions would look good on my shelf. But still on that proverbial fence as I’m picking up all the SST limited editions and do I NEED multiple editions of a book? Still good news for Tremblay fans who like lettered editions.
    Yeah it took a bit of willpower to resist DRP's Cabin. I might look for it on the secondary in the future. I'm reading the SST edition now and I'm loving it, but I'll have the SST set so I'm not looking for duplicates (even though I bent that rule for the Graveyard Edition of Head Full). So the only rule is there are no rules except when the money is gone and you don't get the luxury of making rules. I can't help being a Jeffrey Downer. It's too early to drink.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Dark Regions announced they’ll be doing a limited/lettered edition of Tremblay’s SURVIVOR SONG to match their upcoming edition of CABIN. Now I’m thinking a nice set of lettered editions would look good on my shelf. But still on that proverbial fence as I’m picking up all the SST limited editions and do I NEED multiple editions of a book? Still good news for Tremblay fans who like lettered editions.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I can't wait to add two new beautiful babies to this shelf!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21604[/ATTACH]
    Can't imagine what those would be.. Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I can't wait to add two new beautiful babies to this shelf!

IMG_3822.jpg

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    That's awesome news Chris! Glad to hear the campaign was fully funded. I know that I ended up reserving both Tremblay's "The Cabin at the End of the World" as well as Laymon's "Midnight's Lair" and am super excited to be receiving those titles. Also just used your current half off sale to snag the copy of Laymon's "Cuts" that you had on your rare books page; so, overall, July has been a very DRP month for me!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_Morey View Post
    We will be using BackerKit to keep track of everything however we most likely will create all of the campaign orders as darkregions.com orders to make it easier for our customers to track everything. Really appreciate you joining the campaign, the good news is we finished at 110% funded.

Definitely understand that, Ron, and appreciate your feedback. The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition will also be offered for preorder on our website later this year.

The feedback from collectors on these forums and others has definitely helped us identify issues and areas to improve Dark Regions Press and it is sincerely appreciated.
    Chris,
    I received an email this morning regarding a straight sale on the site. I will be checking it out.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Morey
    replied
    We will be using BackerKit to keep track of everything however we most likely will create all of the campaign orders as darkregions.com orders to make it easier for our customers to track everything. Really appreciate you joining the campaign, the good news is we finished at 110% funded.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi Chris,

That's awesome news! Thanks for being willing to do that. I went ahead a reserved a copy of the Tremblay book via your current Indiegogo campaign. Random question, but do you know if those indiegogo orders will be migrated to our DRP accounts so that we can view them with the rest of our pending DRP orders? If not, no worries. Let me know what you think whenever you have a chance. Thanks again!!!
    Originally posted by swintek
    That's great adjusting from Chris and DRP. I applaud that move. I have expressed frustration in the past with these models being a confusing and unsatisfying way to buy a book you want. Thanks for some ease and clarification, Chris.
    Definitely understand that, Ron, and appreciate your feedback. The Cabin at the End of the World Special Edition will also be offered for preorder on our website later this year.

The feedback from collectors on these forums and others has definitely helped us identify issues and areas to improve Dark Regions Press and it is sincerely appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yep I pulled the trigger today and ordered the set of 3. Well actually it was a combination birthday and Anniversary gift from my wonderful wife.
    Sorry I missed the chance to wish you a happy b-day!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    A little birdie just told me that SST will be publishing Tremblay's Growing Things. So the three book set will be a four book set. I don't know if Serra will be doing the art on that one as well. But I can't imagine, with all of SST's Tremblay books coming out so close together, that Paul Fry would pass on making all 4 match.
    Yep I pulled the trigger today and ordered the set of 3. Well actually it was a combination birthday and Anniversary gift from my wonderful wife.

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Just reserved MALORIE from my public library.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I saw this but wasn't 100% sure what it was. Screenplay, new book, another special edition of Bird Box.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    In today's DRP newsletter:
    Paul Tremblay Special TODAY ONLY - A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock Free!
    We have a special for today, July 9th only for Paul Tremblay fans!

Join the Horror Summer Sale 2019 Indiegogo Campaign at the COLLECTOR'S BUNDLE Level and Get Signed & Numbered Hardcovers of Both A Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock by Paul Tremblay Included for Free ($100 Retail Value!)

If I didn't already have all three editions ordered from SST, I would be alllllll over this offer. The two lettered editions I have from DRP are beautiful. And CABIN seems to be a fantastic read. I think it's a phenomenal value.

Oh, also DRP is going to be doing an edition of Malorie--the BIRD BOX sequel. I'm definitely getting that!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with Jeff on "integrity"...he said if I paid him $200, he would make a video of his unboxing a Happy Meal! Seriously?!?!
    Not how I remember it, Brad! First off, it was $250, AND secondly, it was a Feel Your Way meal by Burger King. https://www.khq.com/news/feel-your-w...a3933de5a.html

I was going to unbox the DGAF box. I was also offered an additional $50 bonus if I cried into my soft drink. But word got back to Burger King and they offered me $301 to NOT do the video. So it was tabled. Unless I'm hearing theres an offer of $302 to do the video, it'll stay tabled.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X