No announcement yet.

Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay to be published by Dark Regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay to be published by Dark Regions

I was surprised to see this in Dark Regions newsletter today:

http://darkregions.com/blogs/news/an...-regions-press

I kinda thought that CD might be publishing this one due to having Head Full of Ghosts in the pipeline. No details as to the editions being produced, additional content, etc. I'm in for the books through SST, but might spring for this one if the details strike my fancy, especially if they are producing a traycased lettered edition. I've liked the ones I've received from DRP in the past (Off Season and Bird Box) and I'd like a nice lettered Tremblay.

I’m trying to stay away from Tremblay’s S/Ls, as I have signed trade hardcover 1sts of all of his books. Having a bit of a challenge with that, though, as they all look very nice, and A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS was one of my favorite books of the last decade.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Curious to see how much it will cost. I thought it was a decent novel but not as good as the previous two he wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I’m trying to stay away from Tremblay’s S/Ls, as I have signed trade hardcover 1sts of all of his books. Having a bit of a challenge with that, though, as they all look very nice, and A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS was one of my favorite books of the last decade.
        Agreed on A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS. One of my favorite reads. I was not as enthralled with his second novel, but didn't think it was bad, just didn't quite hit the mark for me.

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
        Curious to see how much it will cost. I thought it was a decent novel but not as good as the previous two he wrote.
        I haven't read Cabin yet, so I'm excited to read it. Anything particular about the book you didn't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I haven't read Cabin yet, so I'm excited to read it. Anything particular about the book you didn't like?
          It's not bad but it's a quicker read with a handful of characters in a single setting so it just felt less substantial overall. I also felt the other two were creepier and had more atmosphere, this one is more of a thriller.

Comment

I'm wondering why they are doing Cabin if SST is doing it? It seems that there is an overlap with Trembley's work . Wonder what knd of an effect this will have on the sales from each publisher. I loved Cabin at the End of the World and Head Full of Ghosts,but not enough to own 2 different limited editions of each.
            Last edited by bookworm 1; 06-05-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              I'm wondering why they are doing Cabin if SST is doing it? It seems that there is an overlap with Trembley's work . Wonder what knd of an effect this will have on the sales from each publisher. I loved Cabin at the End of the World and Head Full of Ghosts,but not enough to own 2 different limited editions of each.
              Yeah, it's interesting. I don't think this will impact SST all that much. Paul announced that he would be doing the three books as a matching set from the start and like others, I'm locked in for Cabin at the End of the World from SST because I'm getting Head Full of Ghosts and Disappearance at Devil's Rock from them as well. I don't see myself getting the DRP edition of Cabin on top of a matching numbered set from SST, especially considering I've never read Tremblay before, but who knows how I'll feel after seeing the details.

Comment

Agreed on A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS. One of my favorite reads. I was not as enthralled with his second novel, but didn't think it was bad, just didn't quite hit the mark for me.

I would agree r.e. DISAPPEARANCE...just didn't quite do it for me, either. It was a solid enough read, but felt like it didn't quite achieve its potential, and was certainly a far cry from HEAD. I thought CABIN was a slightly better novel, though again fell short of HEAD by a good measure. Again, there seemed to be a eerie potential that just wasn't realized by the final work. It was an odd book -- a little meandering in a dreamy, semi-surrealistic way -- that I was frankly a little surprised to receive as much mainstream acclaim as it did. I suppose my reaction to these latter novels has made my decision to steer away from the SST S/Ls a bit easier...kinda.

Comment

I would agree r.e. DISAPPEARANCE...just didn't quite do it for me, either. It was a solid enough read, but felt like it didn't quite achieve its potential, and was certainly a far cry from HEAD. I thought CABIN was a slightly better novel, though again fell short of HEAD by a good measure. Again, there seemed to be a eerie potential that just wasn't realized by the final work. It was an odd book -- a little meandering in a dreamy, semi-surrealistic way -- that I was frankly a little surprised to receive as much mainstream acclaim as it did. I suppose my reaction to these latter novels has made my decision to steer away from the SST S/Ls a bit easier...kinda.
                  I loved Head Full of Ghosts and Cabin. I have not read disappearance yet. I have his new short story collection on pre order. Cabin was odd but in a good way....at least for me.

Comment

Really enjoyed Head full of ghosts but have not read Cabin or Disappearance yet (should fix this with the SST releases). Do remember reading a short story collection of his years ago, think it was called In The Mean Time published by Chizine, super small print run on the limited.

Comment

The only novel of Mr. Tremblay's I have read is Head Full of Ghosts. I enjoyed it and the few short stories from him I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by One eyed cat View Post
                        Really enjoyed Head full of ghosts but have not read Cabin or Disappearance yet (should fix this with the SST releases). Do remember reading a short story collection of his years ago, think it was called In The Mean Time published by Chizine, super small print run on the limited.
                        I believe Tremblay has a few books through Chizine before he got it big. Wish Chizine still did limited editions of their books...

Comment

I believe Tremblay has a few books through Chizine before he got it big. Wish Chizine still did limited editions of their books...
                          Same. Enjoyed the author selection too, always publishing new (to me anyway) names.

Comment

Yes, I have the signed/#d jacketed HC of his first short-story collection that they put out. I think it's limited to 50 copies or thereabouts...needless to say, he's gotten a bit more popular since then.

Comment

Yes, I have the signed/#d jacketed HC of his first short-story collection that they put out. I think it's limited to 50 copies or thereabouts...needless to say, he's gotten a bit more popular since then.
                              I dug my copy out this morning #13 of 42. Can't seem to find my TPB, might have lent it out years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X