X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Bought the most expensive book of my life. 3 times as much as anything I've ever bought before. Shhhhhh!... she may be listening!
    Enquiring minds want to know...

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I heard rumors of a second printing of Swords and Deviltry but that’s all. It’s not unheard of as the first Lafferty book went to a second printing. I’m not holding my breath, though. My luck it’ll be announced two weeks after I finally plop down the money for an unsigned first printing.

I agree with the price point for the LoWF titles. Under $200 is my sweet spot. Unfortunately, all the sellers seem to disagree! I’ll keep fighting the good fight. Any ideas as to why the Blackwood book goes for so much more than the others?

I will never be able to afford the price tag that goes along with the 10-copy edition. I’m sure it’ll be amazing, but don’t know if it’ll be worth a week on the sofa when the wife sees the price tag! Now, when a deluxe edition of Ghost Story hits, all bets are off. I’ll be hitting up all the good folks on this forum for a place to crash while tempers cool.

I'll let you crash in my Library (Converted garage), but I'll probably need space to crash as well if he does an Uber-Deluxe Ghost Story! It's no small mercy that my wife does not micro manage "my" money- I'd be toast a long time ago. Especially this past week! Bought the most expensive book of my life. 3 times as much as anything I've ever bought before. Shhhhhh!... she may be listening!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Dang, those Fafhrd books are getting pricey- even the unsigned (which is what I have, stupidly having waited a day too long to grab the first signed volume direct from Centipede). Didn't Jerad mention something about reprinting them? I'm all for that. These are beautiful volumes.

It seems the Lovecraft LoWF shows up the cheapest of those early volumes for some reason I can't explain. Keep looking- one will turn up, under $200, hopefully. I wouldn't pay more than that for any of those, personally. All of the material is available everywhere, in myriad editions (for free online even), and the volumes, while nice, are not of the same super high quality of the regular CP line- as you know.

Yes, I am absolutely waiting on AtMoM. I am both excited and terrified- of the price. In the prospectus I have, he mentions 3 different editions: A 10 copy "Perspex" edition (with amazing presentation ideas I won't spoil here), A "Cloth" edition (part goatskin and cloth, still letterpress, no stated limitation), and a 300 copy "Offset" edition, smaller in size, and not printed letterpress). Since these descriptions are several years old now, and Jerad being Jerad- who knows what will actually be produced. But, whatever it is- it'll be expensive!
    I heard rumors of a second printing of Swords and Deviltry but that’s all. It’s not unheard of as the first Lafferty book went to a second printing. I’m not holding my breath, though. My luck it’ll be announced two weeks after I finally plop down the money for an unsigned first printing.

I agree with the price point for the LoWF titles. Under $200 is my sweet spot. Unfortunately, all the sellers seem to disagree! I’ll keep fighting the good fight. Any ideas as to why the Blackwood book goes for so much more than the others?

I will never be able to afford the price tag that goes along with the 10-copy edition. I’m sure it’ll be amazing, but don’t know if it’ll be worth a week on the sofa when the wife sees the price tag! Now, when a deluxe edition of Ghost Story hits, all bets are off. I’ll be hitting up all the good folks on this forum for a place to crash while tempers cool.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

It was an unsigned copy. Still very expensive, but I figured I’d bite the bullet to complete the collection as I came to the series late. Other copies I’ve seen for sale are over the $500.

I’ve been eyeing a copy of the Lovecraft LoWF for around $350, but it’s hard to pull the trigger at that price point. One day, maybe. Congrats on having the good sense I was lacking on picking up at least one of the initial LoWF titles when first offered.

As a Lovecraft fan, are you chomping at the bit for Centipede’s forthcoming letterpress edition of At The Mountains of Madness?
    Dang, those Fafhrd books are getting pricey- even the unsigned (which is what I have, stupidly having waited a day too long to grab the first signed volume direct from Centipede). Didn't Jerad mention something about reprinting them? I'm all for that. These are beautiful volumes.

It seems the Lovecraft LoWF shows up the cheapest of those early volumes for some reason I can't explain. Keep looking- one will turn up, under $200, hopefully. I wouldn't pay more than that for any of those, personally. All of the material is available everywhere, in myriad editions (for free online even), and the volumes, while nice, are not of the same super high quality of the regular CP line- as you know.

Yes, I am absolutely waiting on AtMoM. I am both excited and terrified- of the price. In the prospectus I have, he mentions 3 different editions: A 10 copy "Perspex" edition (with amazing presentation ideas I won't spoil here), A "Cloth" edition (part goatskin and cloth, still letterpress, no stated limitation), and a 300 copy "Offset" edition, smaller in size, and not printed letterpress). Since these descriptions are several years old now, and Jerad being Jerad- who knows what will actually be produced. But, whatever it is- it'll be expensive!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Congrats! One day I’m hoping to find one at a reasonable price.
    I have the same hopes for those Goodis titles I mentioned earlier, and the Steve Fisher volume. At least I have all the Fredric Brown ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X