Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    While I don't get shipping notices from CP, they are sent with tracking and they show up on my Informed Delivery.

That is good to know. I will keep an eye out for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

At least you have a valid reason for your rage.
      If you rearrange the letters in the word invoice, they spell Satan in a different language.....I'm not sure which one, but I'm pretty sure it's true somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

If you rearrange the letters in the word invoice, they spell Satan in a different language.....I'm not sure which one, but I'm pretty sure it's true somehow.
        Invoices get their name from a long history of the devil speaking to people in their heads. He would speak to them "in familiar voices", which would eventually just get shortened to "invoices".

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Invoices get their name from a long history of the devil speaking to people in their heads. He would speak to them "in familiar voices", which would eventually just get shortened to "invoices".
          Finally, somebody gets it LOL!!

Comment

Wow! This week's Newsletter was full of news. James Blish, Cornell Woolrich, Punktown, Lafferty Vol 6, Dune, John Franklin Bardin and of course, Something Wicked this Way Comes, all got mentions. That's not all, just some of the highlights. The point being, for me, impulse buys are cancelled until further notice LOL!!

Comment

Unsigned copies of The Haunting of Hill HouseShirley Jackson. Centipede Press. We have a few unsigned copies in the dustjacket. No slipcase. $195.

http://www.centipedepress.com/scratc...-WmnPQiAibd6gc

Comment

Got something in the mail today. It's huge!! Something.jpgSomething 2.jpg

Comment

Got something in the mail today. It's huge!! Something.jpgSomething 2.jpg
                  Congratulations, that looks fantastic. Can't wait to have my copy in hand!

Comment

I think it’s the same size/format of HILL HOUSE, right?

And it looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      I think it’s the same size/format of HILL HOUSE, right?

And it looks awesome!
                      It is. The artwork is fantastic.

Comment

Unsigned copies of The Haunting of Hill HouseShirley Jackson. Centipede Press. We have a few unsigned copies in the dustjacket. No slipcase. $195.

http://www.centipedepress.com/scratc...-WmnPQiAibd6gc
                        Toyed with idea for too long, and now it's gone. Damn. Had it had its slipcase, I probably would have gone for it. Oh well. I remember Jerad gauging interest in one of his newsletters about a subsequent printing, with all the same text and art, but probably in a smaller size. Guess I'll wait and see if that happens.

My pain will be greatly alleviated, though, when my copy of SOMETHING WICKED shows up...holy hell, that's a beautiful production!
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Sure wish today’s Harper & Wilde newsletter would’ve come with a spoiler warning...I had no idea about the SWTWC surprise as I haven’t received my copy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            Sure wish today’s Harper & Wilde newsletter would’ve come with a spoiler warning...I had no idea about the SWTWC surprise as I haven’t received my copy yet.
                            The strange part was that they had no reason to spill the beans. They do not have one for sale. Just this odd mention of a surprise contained in a book that most people, myself included, do not have in their hands yet. At least they did not have a picture to show. Watching my informed delivery closely in hopes that I am in the second batch scheduled to go out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

The strange part was that they had no reason to spill the beans. They do not have one for sale. Just this odd mention of a surprise contained in a book that most people, myself included, do not have in their hands yet. At least they did not have a picture to show. Watching my informed delivery closely in hopes that I am in the second batch scheduled to go out next week.
                              Totally agree — inappropriate and totally out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Totally agree — inappropriate and totally out of context.
                                Yeah, that spoiler really detracts from the surprise of actually getting a copy.

And it doesn't even sound like it's ALL copies, based on the wording of newsletter. I'm sure it is going to be a stellar production and I can't wait for mine to arrive, but I can't help but feel that some people are going to get their copies and will be slightly bummed if they DON'T get one of the copies with the surprise.

Whereas if it hadn't been spoiled, nobody would be disappointed because they wouldn't know that such a surprise was possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X