Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Worse...I remember that same Camelot copy, and also passed, for whatever reason. It was $45 and remained unsold for some time.

I ended up picking up a copy of it later for more, of course, but thank God not the $450'ish it went for at last week's auction.
    $45?! That’s an amazing price! If only we could go back in time, right? Glad you eventually scored a copy. My hunt is still on. No way I can drop $450 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

$45?! That’s an amazing price! If only we could go back in time, right? Glad you eventually scored a copy. My hunt is still on. No way I can drop $450 on it.
      I still have no explanation as to why I didn't pick it up at $45 when Camelot had that copy for weeks, if not months, on end...especially since it's one of my favorite vintage noirs and Williams one of my favorite vintage noir authors. Guess a Centipede edition back then felt different, like it was just another limited among a sea of limiteds, that copies would also be available for a long while at close to cover price. Obviously those days are loonnngg gone.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

A heads up https://www.ebay.com/itm/Falling-Ang...srV7xzcZmiwo64

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Looks like it sold already, along with another copy listed at $349. Not as high as the $750 copy sold but pretty nice increases over issue price.

Anybody else notice an increase in Centipede flippers over the last couple of years? Not criticizing, just noticed a lot more newer books being listed than before.

Comment

My Hjortsberg set arrived yesterday, and it's incredible, just a beautiful production. I'm still keeping my earlier Centipede HC of FALLING ANGEL since it's signed by Hjortsberg (rather than this set's facsimile), but it's hard not to look at this new set and see it as the definitive edition of Hjortsberg's masterpiece.

Comment

My Hjortsberg set arrived yesterday, and it's incredible, just a beautiful production. I'm still keeping my earlier Centipede HC of FALLING ANGEL since it's signed by Hjortsberg (rather than this set's facsimile), but it's hard not to look at this new set and see it as the definitive edition of Hjortsberg's masterpiece.
              That's some pretty high praise. The earlier Centipede HC of FALLING ANGEL was on my list of Must Haves for a long time. The new set might allow me to move on. If I was in your spot, I'd be doing the same thing. Having an edition signed by Hjortsberg is not something I'd let go of.

Comment

I paid $45.00 for my Millipede years ago. Bought it on ABE books years ago. My first Millipede/Centipede purcahse.

Comment

I paid $45.00 for my Millipede years ago. Bought it on ABE books years ago. My first Millipede/Centipede purcahse.
                  That’s a smoking deal!

Comment

Ron, I loved your Carcosa article!
                    Dang, Ron- I'd been meaning to tell you that I had finally got down my TBR pile into The WFR with your great CARCOSA article: read it with great interest and found it both illuminating, and highly readable! I'm so happy to hear that you will be doing more of these. Your earlier DARK HARVEST piece in a smaller-run magazine - forgive me for temporarily forgetting the publications name- was equally enjoyable, albeit not as in depth as the CARCOSA one. So, the next one is a single book, huh? Fascinating- can't wait! Will it be in WFR?

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Dang, Ron- I'd been meaning to tell you that I had finally got down my TBR pile into The WFR with your great CARCOSA article: read it with great interest and found it both illuminating, and highly readable! I'm so happy to hear that you will be doing more of these. Your earlier DARK HARVEST piece in a smaller-run magazine - forgive me for temporarily forgetting the publications name- was equally enjoyable, albeit not as in depth as the CARCOSA one. So, the next one is a single book, huh? Fascinating- can't wait! Will it be in WFR?
                      Thanks, Ron — glad you enjoyed the Carcosa feature. My goal was to try do as definitive a piece as possible (with Dave Drake’s firsthand recollections to guide me), and I hope I came close.

The new “Collecting the Modern Macabre” feature will indeed be in Centipede’s Weird Fiction Review again, due out later this year. As far as I know, I have a permanent home there for my column...at least until Jerad tells me otherwise. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s a smoking deal!
                        Sorry, I lied...LOL!!

Falling Angel.
                        Hjortsberg, William.
                        Hide Book Description
                        Item Status: Shipped
                        The book has been shipped to you.
                        Request Return/Refund | Contact Bookseller
                        Price: US$ 20.00
                        Book Description: Cloth. Fine/Very Good. First Printing. One of our favorite novels, upon which the film Angel Heart is based. 242 pp. DJ mildly worn.
                        Estimated Delivery:
                        on/before September 1, 2005
                        Shipping Speed: 5-14 business days
                        Shipping: US$ 3.00
                        Subtotal: US$ 23.00
                        Payment & Shipping Details

Comment

I wouldn't do this for just anyone, but for you, I'll pay you double what you paid. Deal of the century my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            I wouldn't do this for just anyone, but for you, I'll pay you double what you paid. Deal of the century my friend!
                            Ok, funny story, I bought two copies that year, one for me and one for a friend. I had never heard of Millipede Press, anyway, I let my friend pick which copy she wanted as a birthday present. She picked the first edition of course and she laughed when I let out a little disappointed sigh LOL!! I got "Stuck" with this "reprint" HAHAHA!!!

Falling Angel
                            Hjortsberg, William
                            Hide Book Description
                            Item Status: Shipped
                            The book has been shipped to you.
                            Request Return/Refund | Contact Bookseller
                            Price: US$ 30.00
                            Book Description: Hard Cover. 64mo - up to 3" tall. HC,243pp Private dectective Harry Angel gets caught up in Voodoo and black magic as he searches for a missing person. Stated First edition. In very good condition- as new with a very good DJ.
                            Estimated Delivery:
                            on/before September 5, 2005
                            Shipping Speed: 7-14 business days
                            Shipping: US$ 3.50
                            Subtotal: US$ 33.50
                            Payment & Shipping Details

Comment

I’m almost more impressed that you kept the email confirmation from 15 years ago than I am the price of the book.

Comment

I’m almost more impressed that you kept the email confirmation from 15 years ago than I am the price of the book.
                                Same!

Hey, peeps here who know everything: I'm starting to get concerned that I have neither received the Hjortsberg set, nor are there any shipping pings from Colorado in my USPS Informed Delivery data. Anyone else in the same boat, or is it time to send an email?

Comment

Working...
                                X