No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a rather intriguing list. Some heavy hitters followed by rather obscure titles. While it’s hard to not get excited when Centipede does editions of DUNE and SOMETHING WICKED, it’s those off-the-beaten-path titles that get me excited. I’d never even heard of THE GAS before today. Glad to see more crime titles as well. I missed out on the previous Woolrich titles which I still kick myself over.

LIVE GIRLS surprised me. I always think this a more recent book than it actually is. Heck, CD’s edition came out almost 25 years ago.

As far as DUNE, there was some discussion at one point that all editions might have traycases, not just the Deluxe editions. Does anybody know where Jerad landed on this?

I am very much excited for his edition of CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM from Klein. In my perfect book world, he’d do each novella from DARK GODS separately, starting with KINGDOM with a slipcase to hold all four, then cap it off with a high-end production of THE CEREMONIES.
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      The latest newsletter just went out. Looks like Dune is August at the earliest.
      I’m okay with a little delay. HAUNTING’s price tag almost killed me. I’ve actually never read DUNE but it’s been on my TBR for like thirty years. It will be an expensive blind buy, but I know if I pass I’ll never be able to afford it on the secondary market if I change my mind.

I wonder what he has planned for the deluxe editions. The deluxe editions for the Fafhrd books look great. I need to get on board with the deluxe editions at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        ALSO he's doing 2 more Blackburn and Woolrich books. AND LIVE GIRLS by Ray Garton!
        I really need to get to the previous Blackburn books before the new ones come out. I keep making a resolution to get to them, but they tend to get passed over for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I’m okay with a little delay. HAUNTING’s price tag almost killed me. I’ve actually never read DUNE but it’s been on my TBR for like thirty years. It will be an expensive blind buy, but I know if I pass I’ll never be able to afford it on the secondary market if I change my mind.

I wonder what he has planned for the deluxe editions. The deluxe editions for the Fafhrd books look great. I need to get on board with the deluxe editions at some point.
          I hope I get to read the newsletter later today. I checked and so far I haven't received the newsletter. ~Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I really need to get to the previous Blackburn books before the new ones come out. I keep making a resolution to get to them, but they tend to get passed over for something else.
            I’ve read Scent of New Mown Hay and Bury Him Darkly and they were enjoyable. 3 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
              I hope I get to read the newsletter later today. I checked and so far I haven't received the newsletter. ~Cap
              That’s odd as the newsletters are usually out early morning PST. Also, dig the new avatar!

Comment

I’ve read Scent of New Mown Hay and Bury Him Darkly and they were enjoyable. 3 stars.
                That’s what I was thinking: solid reads but not extraordinary. They fall in the realm of “really want to read, but gets bumped for more hyped up titles”. And like a lot of my TBR list, they’re limited editions which means “at home reading only”. I’ve struggled with this over the last few years as I tend to only read one book at a time, but since I like to read on my lunch breaks and I don’t want to carry around limited editions, I’ve had to start reading two books at a time. This tends to slow the momentum of both reads.

Comment

I know I'm getting Dune, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the next two. I never really cared for them that much, I've never re-read them. I tend to treat Dune as a stand alone and I've re-visited it many times.

Comment

Yeah, I’ve heard very mixed things about the series past the first book. The collector OCD might edge me towards getting all the books, but at is to be expected very high price points, that is still up for debate.

To confound my collecting sensibilities even more, I am planning on getting both Ender books even though I missed out on ENDER’S GAME. I read SPEAKER a year or two back and really liked it. It’s very different from the first book but I could enjoy it on its own terms.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      I know I'm getting Dune, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the next two. I never really cared for them that much, I've never re-read them. I tend to treat Dune as a stand alone and I've re-visited it many times.
                      I already told Jared that I'm only interested in Dune, not the rest of the series. I see he has the second book scheduled for 2021.

Comment

Definitely interested in the TED Klein story, and agree, it would be nice to have all 4 novellas as CP limited editions.

The Library of Weird Fiction & The Masters of Science Fiction I've been collecting since the beginning, and will continue to do so.

About the Jeffrey Thomas Punktown set, wonder if he will do three stand alone volumes like he did for the Karl E. Wagner and Fritz Leiber sword & sorcery sets, or a single volume of 3 books? The stand alone books would definitely be easier on the wallet.

Other than that, there are several items on the list that I'm interested in, just depends on how they price out.

I thought Jared mentioned a while ago that he was planning a limited edition of At the Mountains of Madness by HP Lovecraft? Didn't see that on the list this morning.

B

Comment

The way he phrased it in the email, I think the PUNKTOWN books are going to be sold as a set. When he offers them separately, the titles usually get listed that way as with the Elric titles. Wouldn’t be upset with them being offered separately, though.

Yay for someone jumping on to my DARK GODS idea. From our posts to Jerad’s inbox, I suppose!

I don’t remember anything about Lovecraft, but I’d be down for that.

Comment

That’s what I was thinking: solid reads but not extraordinary. They fall in the realm of “really want to read, but gets bumped for more hyped up titles”. And like a lot of my TBR list, they’re limited editions which means “at home reading only”. I’ve struggled with this over the last few years as I tend to only read one book at a time, but since I like to read on my lunch breaks and I don’t want to carry around limited editions, I’ve had to start reading two books at a time. This tends to slow the momentum of both reads.
                            I emailed Jerad and asked who was doing the dust jacket art with Gahan Wilson passing away and he told me it would be Bob Eggleston! If I'm adequately employed I'll definitely get them.

I plan. on reading Devil Daddy as my next Blackburn but I have so many books to go through before I get there.

Comment

I emailed Jerad and asked who was doing the dust jacket art with Gahan Wilson passing away and he told me it would be Bob Eggleston! If I'm adequately employed I'll definitely get them.

I plan. on reading Devil Daddy as my next Blackburn but I have so many books to go through before I get there.
                              Bob Eggleston is a great choice. Looking forward to seeing what he does.

Comment

If i remember correctly Kingdom of the Children will be letterpress limited to 100. Anyone else recall the same?

Comment

Working...
                                X