X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Picked-up a copy of "Let Go Play at the Adams'" this morning. Was surprised this one didn't quickly sell-out. I thought it would for sure, especially at that price ($75). Have been wanting to read this one since Centipede put it on my radar earlier this year. Glad I was able to snag a copy!
    I was convinced this would sell out incredibly fast due to the combination of its reputation as being pretty intense and unavailability for so many years. Maybe it’s just the sheer amount of titles that have been flowing from Centipede lately that’s slowing the sales down?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much about it…as long as you read them carefully, there shouldn’t be any issue. I’m not exactly sure what Jerad specifies in production, but they’re pretty robust.
    Thanks for the feedback. You and mhatchett have convinced me to move these into my active TBR pile.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

They do, I even read mine in the tub.....HAHAH!
    Nothing wrong with a good bath read!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Picked-up a copy of "Let Go Play at the Adams'" this morning. Was surprised this one didn't quickly sell-out. I thought it would for sure, especially at that price ($75). Have been wanting to read this one since Centipede put it on my radar earlier this year. Glad I was able to snag a copy!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much about it…as long as you read them carefully, there shouldn’t be any issue. I’m not exactly sure what Jerad specifies in production, but they’re pretty robust.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I suck because I have five volumes of WFR on my shelf and I haven’t read a single one. I’m very much a reader of my limited editions hardcovers, but there’s something about these being paperbacks that makes me wary about damaging them. Do they hold up well from reading?
    They do, I even read mine in the tub.....HAHAH!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I suck because I have five volumes of WFR on my shelf and I haven’t read a single one. I’m very much a reader of my limited editions hardcovers, but there’s something about these being paperbacks that makes me wary about damaging them. Do they hold up well from reading?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, Mike and Dave. I’m glad Jerad continues to publish WFR each year…it’s a pretty cool publication.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

Hope you enjoy…looks like a great issue, lots of good stuff.
    I didn't get to read it yet, but it's close to the top of the tbr pile. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Ron, Congrats on another great Article!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Ordered it today!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

I went for both. Also, I (finally) read THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH a month or so ago, and generally enjoyed it. I’d call it a solid 7 out of 10, or a 3.5 star read, if one uses GoodReads 5-star gauge. Good enough that I want the upcoming limited…it also prompted me to pick up Tevis’ THE HUSTLER and THE COLOR OF MONEY. I haven’t read THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT, but the Netflix series was brilliant.

Don’t forget to pick up the WEIRD FICTION REVIEW this weekend, too…it has my new massive 20,000-word “Collecting the Modern Macabre” feature in it. For comparison, all my others (including the new one for 2023 that I just submitted today) have been under 10,000 words. It’s a big’un.
    Ordered it today!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy of Bats Out of Hell. Production looks great. Didn't realize that it's such a short novel. Hopefully, it will be a fun read. Have never read anything by this author; so, I'm not quite sure what to expect. Pure impulse buy!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

I went for both. Also, I (finally) read THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH a month or so ago, and generally enjoyed it. I’d call it a solid 7 out of 10, or a 3.5 star read, if one uses GoodReads 5-star gauge. Good enough that I want the upcoming limited…it also prompted me to pick up Tevis’ THE HUSTLER and THE COLOR OF MONEY. I haven’t read THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT, but the Netflix series was brilliant.

Don’t forget to pick up the WEIRD FICTION REVIEW this weekend, too…it has my new massive 20,000-word “Collecting the Modern Macabre” feature in it. For comparison, all my others (including the new one for 2023 that I just submitted today) have been under 10,000 words. It’s a big’un.
    Looking forward to your new feature, Ron!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I picked up both as well. I also was surprised with the price for Alligator. I figured it would be a $60 book. Either way, both look like a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X