Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Today's book sounded cool - but I can't afford the pay now option this time around.

CDCC also emailed it out today.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Check your junk mail or reach out to Brian. I'm not a Patreon supporter and I received an email today.

I am pumped about something which cannot be discussed.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Just checked. No email received. Hope I'm not missing anything too cool.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

According to Brian's Patreon email it will be announced publicly next week.Â
    Thanks Martin! No need to keep my eyes peeled this week then!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

According to Brian's Patreon email it will be announced publicly next week. 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Check your email!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Check your email!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Better get that bookmark back before they come after you!
    Lol, I must have picked it up at my sister's house when I visited her in Edmonton. I'm pretty sure she's beaten the statue of limitations by now

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Better get that bookmark back before they come after you!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I got my copy of Gone South yesterday, and I'm 150 pages into it. I've definitely read it before, but a long time ago, so I don't remember what happens. The artwork is fantastic! 

As for bookmarks, I never use the ones that come with the book, just whatever random bookmark is hanging around. At the moment, it's a bookmark from the Edmonton Public Library with a due date of March 6th, 2001 stamped on it. 

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I think CD is trying to enforce the single space after a period, but my typing teacher in school is probably rolling over in her grave. IT'S A DOUBLESPACE AFTER A PERIOD YOU LITTLE HEATHEN!

Also, my copy of Gone South arrived yesterday - haven't looked at it since I don't have the space to apply a Brodart so I'm having to hold off a bit to keep it fresh.

Oh and Brian James Freeman - I'm okay without the bookmarks. I have so many from everyone else I'll never run out. Plus my goto bookmark is still the address ticket from Ticketmaster (remember when they mailed tickets??) Besides most of my reading has been on Kindle lately anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Usually, by this point in shipping, I'm tired of looking at most books but not this one. Francois did an amazing job on the artwork, which is where everything starts production wise. He should get a lot of the credit.

We sent bookmarks with The Night Country and The Chill, I believe, but with printing costs doubling in the last 12 months, we had to pick where we could save some money without compromising quality or raising prices too much. Bookmarks, custom printed shipping boxes, and a few other behind the scenes things were cut, so we could keep the roomier page design for heftier page counts (more readable design) and larger quantity of artwork.

Unrelated note: is anyone else finding the forum here is adding a lot of random characters to their posts or is it just my luck?

Like that:

ÂÂ
    This one KILLED me to pass on. As odd and unreasonable as it is, some of that pain was diminished knowing it was a great seller for you. I seriously feel guilty not supporting my favorite small press publishers sometimes. That goes double for not supporting my favorite authors. Now I will just struggle through all the happy photos I see on social media. Those little mines set off by my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Usually, by this point in shipping, I'm tired of looking at most books but not this one. Francois did an amazing job on the artwork, which is where everything starts production wise. He should get a lot of the credit.

We sent bookmarks with The Night Country and The Chill, I believe, but with printing costs doubling in the last 12 months, we had to pick where we could save some money without compromising quality or raising prices too much. Bookmarks, custom printed shipping boxes, and a few other behind the scenes things were cut, so we could keep the roomier page design for heftier page counts (more readable design) and larger quantity of artwork.

Unrelated note: is anyone else finding the forum here is adding a lot of random characters to their posts or is it just my luck?

Like that:

While the bookmarks are nice I have to admit I have yet to use one as I generally use metal bookmarks, of which I have plenty. I also noticed the box was 'just a normal box', but again could not care less. Clearly you are making the correct choices when controlling your costs. Not sure is you had a reason to move this one to Priority Mail, Media Mail has been quick on Lividian shipments in the past. Thank You for producing such amazing books!
     And yes, the extra characters are being added on line breaks and double spacing after a period.  k

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats! I'm very much looking forward to this one. Mine will be coming from Kim over at Camelot.

Received my Gone South Limited today. May be the prettiest Limited book Lividian has produced so far. This book is stunning. I am surprised that it did not come with a bookmark as I believe all the previous books have included one. Lividian also shipped this one Priority rather that Media Mail. As I have never read this story this will be my reading copy!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Like that:

Speaking for myself, I'm totally fine with losing the bookmarks.  While fun, I have tons of them already.  Also don't mind losing the custom printed boxes.  They look nice, but still end up in the trash anyway.  Would much prefer the dollars go toward the actual books.

I've also has issues with the random characters in my CD posts lately.  Not sure why.  Feels like it has been about the last month or so.  I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I'm sure someone else on the forum will figure it out.     

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Received my Gone South Limited today. May be the prettiest Limited book Lividian has produced so far. This book is stunning. I am surprised that it did not come with a bookmark as I believe all the previous books have included one. Lividian also shipped this one Priority rather that Media Mail. As I have never read this story this will be my reading copy!

Like that:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X