No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the reply. I'm guessing that is probably an accurate translation. Makes sense as nothing has changed, status wise, since the initial email on 12/30/20.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Not to bore folks but here is the full tracking info. Still confusing to me.

Tracking History

January 4, 2021, 6:35 pm
      Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
      MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
      Your shipment was received at 6:35 pm on January 4, 2021 in MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050. The acceptance of your package is pending.
      December 31, 2020, 3:48 am
      Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
      MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
      December 31, 2020
      Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Not to bore folks but here is the full tracking info. Still confusing to me.

Tracking History

January 4, 2021, 6:35 pm
        Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
        MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
        Your shipment was received at 6:35 pm on January 4, 2021 in MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050. The acceptance of your package is pending.
        December 31, 2020, 3:48 am
        Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
        MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
        December 31, 2020
        Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Here is what I believe this indicates:
        So on December 31st the shipping label was created. It is possible that it was not delivered to the post office until the 4th or that it was dropped off and sat awaiting a scan in. January 4th the item was scanned in as received at the post office. The scan label is in the process of validation which will lead to either acceptance or rejection. Rejection would only occur if the deliver to address was not valid. Once accepted the status will change to In Transit and an estimated delivery date should be available.

I have a package shipped from that same post office on December 5th that has still not been scanned in. I fully believe that it is sitting in a trailer waiting for them to catch up and scan it in.

Comment

Well I am sure it will eventually get here and I should be a little patient. I'm just excited about this one.

Thanks for the analysis.

I do know that sometimes their tracking is wonky anyway. I've had things going from scanned in -then no update- to showing up at my door.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            Well I am sure it will eventually get here and I should be a little patient. I'm just excited about this one.

Thanks for the analysis.

I do know that sometimes their tracking is wonky anyway. I've had things going from scanned in -then no update- to showing up at my door.
            It could be a missed scan as well. I have spent most of the last year working on enhancing a retail logistics system so shipment tracking and scan ins are embedded in my brain at the moment.

Comment

I think the package acceptance pending is when they receive a large number of packages. One label for all is scanned but the individual packages haven't been scanned yet. It may or may not receive a scan at that post office, but once it get scanned again you'll see action for sure. My tracking was very similar to the above but then I think they realized it was priority and it moved fast suddenly. I did have a first expected delivery of I think the 11th then they upped it to the 9th maybe, or the 8th. Days are running together bad.

Comment

My book is now moving. Woot!

Expected Delivery by

Wednesday 20 January 2021 by
                9:00pm

Status

In-Transit

January 13, 2021 at 10:54 am
                Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
                PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Comment

Received mine today within a surprise red box Great production. Really looking forward to the Lettered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Received mine today within a surprise red box Great production. Really looking forward to the Lettered.
                    Mine has arrived in Tacoma a day early. Estimated delivery changed to tomorrow. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Mine has arrived in Tacoma a day early. Estimated delivery changed to tomorrow. Can't wait!
                      That's great considering as we know how your books like to take the long way home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

That's great considering as we know how your books like to take the long way home.
                        Just opened my red box of goodness. I feel like I knew what to expect as I have Revival. This book far exceeded my expectations! Absolutely stunning production!

Comment

Fantastic news. Congrats. I love hearing about folks getting their book(s).

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Just opened my red box of goodness. I feel like I knew what to expect as I have Revival. This book far exceeded my expectations! Absolutely stunning production!

Comment

Got mine today (before Night Shift, it is somewhat bitterly noted- I paid for "Ghosts" 2 weeks ago,and it sounds like Brian was shipping these out on his own from his house. Not from a warehouse before Christmas) and it is really nice. I was seriously on the fence, having bought this book so may times already (PS original S/L, US first, SFBC- for the exclusive dust jacket-, PS reissue, US Remaindered copies- several, to hand out because I believed in it so much-, ebook.. I think that's all!), I just wasn't sure I needed another. It's saying a lot that I'm very glad to add this edition to the library. It's really well done. Love the two-color printing, and interior design, the abundant great art. The reason I keep buying new editions of this is because I really do consider it one of the best short story collections of the last couple decades. I think it's seminal, like Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, and By Bizarre Hands. That's really good company. Anyway- nice job, Brian- thanks for making a really good one! I'm in for the whole "Library".

Comment

I agree with you that it is an exceptional, and special, collection that touches on many themes. Glad you received your copy.

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                              The reason I keep buying new editions of this is because I really do consider it one of the best short story collections of the last couple decades. I think it's seminal,..

Comment

Well the Chapbook Brian mailed back on December 5th has finally left the post office in PA.

Label Created 12/05 Mechanicsburg, PA
                                Accepted 01/15 Mechanicsburg, PA
                                Arrived 01/15 Jersey CIty, NJ
                                Expected Delivery 01/23

Comment

Working...
                                X