Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Probably best not to say anything yet, but can probably share a hint...!

I was very worried about announcing a $125 book given the state of the world, but Joe and I both agreed it could be a good thing for the indie retailers who desperately need cash flow every month to keep their doors open, so we moved forward with the announcement as planned. Now, I haven't spoken to all of the retailers yet, but from what I'm hearing, it has been a very good thing for them.

I should be able to post the print run very early in May. I'm also ready to print the signature sheets as soon as I have that number. The book is being proofread again now, just because I'm paranoid about the books really being readable books, but everything besides the sig sheets are ready for the printer.

Brian
    That's awesome news! And in times like these, it's really nice not to have to pay til later if going through you or Camelot.

Comment

Cool deal and happy to hear. In regards to proofreading I am fairly certain the dedication page is missing the name Ben Staad.

I was very worried about announcing a $125 book given the state of the world, but Joe and I both agreed it could be a good thing for the indie retailers who desperately need cash flow every month to keep their doors open, so we moved forward with the announcement as planned. Now, I haven't spoken to all of the retailers yet, but from what I'm hearing, it has been a very good thing for them.

I should be able to post the print run very early in May. I'm also ready to print the signature sheets as soon as I have that number. The book is being proofread again now, just because I'm paranoid about the books really being readable books, but everything besides the sig sheets are ready for the printer.

Brian
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Brian
        This is great news, Brian, especially for the indie retailers who may be struggling right now. We would miss them sorely if they ceased to exist. I think it was a good decision to proceed with the announcement as planned.

Comment

Just realized that I never actually placed my order for GHOSTS. That has now been corrected! Looking forward to seeing what the limitation is going to be. Any guesses? I’m thinking 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Just realized that I never actually placed my order for GHOSTS. That has now been corrected! Looking forward to seeing what the limitation is going to be. Any guesses? I’m thinking 750.
            I will guess 1,250.

Comment

Anyone who guesses the print run correctly wins a review copy. One guess per person. Entries due by May 1 before I start adding up the orders. Post your guess in this thread, I guess? Only open to registered CD Forum members. Will ship anywhere in the world. Void where prohibited by law and people who don’t like fun. Good luck!

edited to add: given that I will be rounding up the print run to the nearest interval of 25, any guess within 25 of the print run without going over will be considered a winner. So 876 or 889 or 900 are all winners for a 900 copy print run.

And just to be clear, there can be multiple winners, so anyone within 25 of the print run without going over will get an ARC.
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Comment

I’ll go with a nice even 1,000 although it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a lot higher.

Comment

Anyone who guesses the number correctly wins a review copy. One guess per person. Entries due by May 1 before I start adding up the orders. Post your guess in this thread, I guess? Only open to registered CD Forum members. Will ship anywhere in the world. Void where prohibited by law and people who don’t like fun. Good luck!
                    I will guess 1275. Just tell me how many I need to buy to make up the difference.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if it matches revival, so 1500 copies.

Comment

http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I will take a guess........1350

Mulleins
                          I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

With everyone beginning to chime in, I feel like I went low with my 750. I was thinking lower demand than REVIVAL, along with previous editions reducing some further demand. I could see it hitting 1,000 but I’d be surprised if it went to the 1,250-1,500 range. To quote a favorite movie: “But then what do I know? I’m a bear, I suck the heads off of fish!”

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              With everyone beginning to chime in, I feel like I went low with my 750. I was thinking lower demand than REVIVAL, along with previous editions reducing some further demand. I could see it hitting 1,000 but I’d be surprised if it went to the 1,250-1,500 range. To quote a favorite movie: “But then what do I know? I’m a bear, I suck the heads off of fish!”
                              That was kind of my thinking, though I believe it will go a little higher than you do

It is definitely a collector's book, & I think most of the people that bought Revival will pick up a copy of Ghosts. But still, there have already been 2 limited editions of Ghosts, so I would expect some drop off.

I'm going to guess 1375.

B

Comment

Even 2000. I am torn though - on one hand the preorder window is open for a LOOOOOONG time. But on the other hand this isn’t the first special edition of this book.

Sticking with my 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X