No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the exact same damage, but to a lesser degree.

Comment

Thanks for posting those. I just got my copy today and I have the same exact issue. Looking at pics online, it doesn't look like it's across the whole edition. Dan, I bought mine through CD- how should I proceed?

Comment

Almost looks like there was moisture when they were stamped. Doubt it can be fixed and must be replaced. Hopefully only a few have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Almost looks like there was moisture when they were stamped. Doubt it can be fixed and must be replaced. Hopefully only a few have this issue.
          It's on both the front and back leather boards, and is limited to the stamped depressions, so it seems the issue almost certainly crept into the process during the stamping process. Definitely not fixable, unfortunately, since as the pics show there's almost a melted characteristic to the moisture spots.

R. Swintek: Sorry you got saddled with a similar copy...I was hoping the issue might be somehow isolated to my copy.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
            Thanks for posting those. I just got my copy today and I have the same exact issue. Looking at pics online, it doesn't look like it's across the whole edition. Dan, I bought mine through CD- how should I proceed?
            I don't want to speak for Dan, but the answer is almost certainly "email Mindy."

Comment

I read the Josh Boone introduction and the Bev Vincent piece. I absolutely love when a limited editions has these little extras. I hope Letterpress continues to add extra pieces in their publications. Will read the Rolling Stone interview tomorrow.

This may sound like a strange observation but I also love the typesetting and the font. Makes reading it easier somehow.

Comment

I have the same issue with my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  It's on both the front and back leather boards, and is limited to the stamped depressions, so it seems the issue almost certainly crept into the process during the stamping process. Definitely not fixable, unfortunately, since as the pics show there's almost a melted characteristic to the moisture spots.

R. Swintek: Sorry you got saddled with a similar copy...I was hoping the issue might be somehow isolated to my copy.
                  Mine has the same issue, so it looks like it may be widespread. A bad setup on the stamping machine, maybe?

Comment

My copy also has a few spots like that, but to be perfectly honest it didn't strike me as a defect. I thought it was supposed to look that way. I didn't even notice it until I saw Ron's post. It's synthetic leather so it's going to have some grain and texture. Perhaps I'm in the minority but it doesn't bother me in the least. confused-smiley-013.gif.2fdadf84da200a1dc7bd2aa1b4444757.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I read the Josh Boone introduction and the Bev Vincent piece. I absolutely love when a limited editions has these little extras. I hope Letterpress continues to add extra pieces in their publications. Will read the Rolling Stone interview tomorrow.
                      There definitely will be some whenever possible. For the next book, we have a new introduction on the way and new story notes by the author. Book 3 will have a new guest introduction and I believe a bonus short story. And maybe an introduction from the author that has only appeared in an overseas edition.

Brian
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

My copy has a few of the spots but they don't bother me at all. There are only a few and not noticeable at a casual look.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

So I went to take some pictures of my copy today and noticed that my copy has a few of these blemishes. No to the level I see in Ron's photos though. I too am not bothered by my copy.

Comment

Duma Key could really use your attention, Brian

Comment

Comment

I can't really speak to the spots, as I haven't seen them in person, but has anyone tried wetting their finger and trying to rub them off? We had some cases with similar spots a couple years back (I can't remember which case) and the blemishes just wiped away. Not saying that that'll work here, but it's worth a shot.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X