X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

My copies just arrived today after about 9 1/2 weeks . Seems to be the new normal. The postal service in the UK seems to be a huge mess the last couple of years. 
    I sure hope that's not the new normal. I didn't order Cold in July, but I did order the Pallbearer's Club which shipped just prior to Cold, and I received that book in a just over a week, which is super-fast for an SST shipment as I live in Arizona and always select the standard non-tracking option. To hear that Cold is taking so much longer is a bit weird. Hopefully, it was just an issue with a specific pallet being scanned incorrectly or misplaced and not some new normal with Royal Mail, which does seem to have these issues pop-up from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Thanks for trying to set my mind at ease.

I know that untracked Royal Mail to the US says they aim for 42 day delivery, but I've never experienced that before. Paul was going through some family things, so maybe the actual mailing of the parcels was delayed. I know other publishers have taken weeks after generating a tracking number (your order has shipped!) before actually mailing the item.
    My copies just arrived today after about 9 1/2 weeks . Seems to be the new normal. The postal service in the UK seems to be a huge mess the last couple of years. 

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Received an advanced pre-order notice from SST yesterday. Anybody grabbing this book? Not sure if it is ok to list the title or not; so, I'm going to hold off (but I do see the book listed among the SubPress pre-orders so perhaps it's ok?). I'm grabbing it as I don't currently own a copy of this title and I have all of the other books by this author that SST has produced so far and want to keep my set intact.
    I get this author's SST books through Camelot so I'll be picking it up through them.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Received an advanced pre-order notice from SST yesterday. Anybody grabbing this book? Not sure if it is ok to list the title or not; so, I'm going to hold off (but I do see the book listed among the SubPress pre-orders so perhaps it's ok?). I'm grabbing it as I don't currently own a copy of this title and I have all of the other books by this author that SST has produced so far and want to keep my set intact.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats! I'm sure it was worth the wait.

Originally posted by Boggle Champion View Post
    My shipment of Cold in July finally arrived! Just over 2 months from when I first received the shipping notice...definitely the longest I've waited for a package to arrive, by far.

I was worried about the condition the book would arrive in after all this time, but the book and box were both fine. Hopefully everyone else still waiting receive their copies this week as well.

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    My shipment of Cold in July finally arrived! Just over 2 months from when I first received the shipping notice...definitely the longest I've waited for a package to arrive, by far.

I was worried about the condition the book would arrive in after all this time, but the book and box were both fine. Hopefully everyone else still waiting receive their copies this week as well.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    SST's shipments have always been surprises. I've gotten them in a few days, a week, two weeks. But never two months (week is fast approaching.) I had books from Blackstones, Goldsboro, and Waterstones very recently only take about 9 days to get here. And then some random books from some of the UK YA imprints take two days (but they ship those DHL for some random reason.)

It's not just international shipping, I have had some bizarre shipping times domestically, even after COVID. Priority Mail still gets stuck in LA for weeks at a time, and sometimes Centipede (Jerad is literally down the road from me) has take over a week to get here.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Yeah, same experience with his shipping boxes- they always look rough. Luckily, he packs the books well, so- no issues. I do wonder why SST's books do take so long to get over here as opposed to PS, or Sarob, Tartarus, etc: I always get those pretty darn quickly. Don't think I'm paying more either. Incidentally, that previous SST book I referenced above that took over six weeks to get here (I believe, ultimately, it was 8): I had emailed Paul and he quickly sent out a replacement, with my same number since it was in a series. Then, of course, 2 weeks later- I got the original shipment. We decided that I would cross out one of the duplicate numbers- which hurt, but had to be done. I then threw it in, gratis, with another book I sold to someone. I felt like an ass for complicating things so much, and it was right after that that Paul sent out a general email basically saying that he couldn't be jumping the gun replacing books that might eventually show up, and that we needed to give things more time. All by way of saying: I'm just hanging in there for now, hoping they show up.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Once I hear something, I'll be sure to update here.

Like I said, I usually don't worry - and knock on wood - haven't ever had an order go missing from anyone - but six weeks is a bit longer than normal.

And like Chuggers above, I have had some BEAT TO HELL boxes from Paul before. I don't know what the box manufacturers are like over there, but I think he should find a new one - they're pretty flimsy.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I still haven't seen my books that I got shipping notification for back on February 21st.

I'm going to send off an email and ask Paul if I should be worried. Never had anything take this long before so I'm hoping it's just an anomaly.
    I'm still in the exact boat you are. 6 weeks and counting is a long time. I did have one of his books take this long before so still holding out hope that they'll show up soon. Please post here if Paul said that you should be concerned at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    I got mine in a little less time than I expected but that box had been through hell (books were fine though!)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I still haven't seen my books that I got shipping notification for back on February 21st.

I'm going to send off an email and ask Paul if I should be worried. Never had anything take this long before so I'm hoping it's just an anomaly.
    I’d give it a bit more time before becoming concerned …two weeks doesn’t seem like a long wait for international mail these days.

EDIT: Sorry, I was off a month…thought it had been two weeks, not six.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-05-2024, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    Has anyone who was still waiting on Cold in July received theirs yet? I ordered the grab bag/sampler pack SST put out last week and that one already arrived, but still waiting for Cold in July.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

Thanks for trying to set my mind at ease.

I know that untracked Royal Mail to the US says they aim for 42 day delivery, but I've never experienced that before. Paul was going through some family things, so maybe the actual mailing of the parcels was delayed. I know other publishers have taken weeks after generating a tracking number (your order has shipped!) before actually mailing the item.
    Still waiting on mine as well, same Feb 21 ship date. Was starting to get a little nervous about it, but guess these are just on a "slow boat".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X