Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Took advantage this morning of the special Tremblay bundle that was offered by SST. Included "The Little Sleep & No Sleep Til Wonderland". Had passed on these when they were announced by Thunderstorm press and am now very glad that I did as the SST version will match the other Tremblay books that SST previously published and will also include extra bonus materials that the Thunderstorm versions do not offer. I also think that the artwork from Daniele Serra looks superior to the artwork that was chosen by Thunderstorm. Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Got a shipping notice for the non fiction Block book yesterday. I've been reading a lot of his stuff recently as I found quite a bit of his old paperbacks at a local thrift store. I've always been a fan but some of the stuff I've been reading is corny as hell. So it is going to be great to read about his writing in this book.

​​​​​​
    Got my notice as well…as a longtime Block fan, I’m really looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Got a shipping notice for the non fiction Block book yesterday. I've been reading a lot of his stuff recently as I found quite a bit of his old paperbacks at a local thrift store. I've always been a fan but some of the stuff I've been reading is corny as hell. So it is going to be great to read about his writing in this book.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Another new Lansdale book from SST was announced yesterday. After I learned I wasn't getting it from Camelot, I realized I missed the last SST Lansdale so I just ordered those today.

$115 after shipping and discount isn't too bad for two books from the UK.
    And, the quality for the price can't be beat. Love these SST Lansdale editions.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Another new Lansdale book from SST was announced yesterday. After I learned I wasn't getting it from Camelot, I realized I missed the last SST Lansdale so I just ordered those today.

$115 after shipping and discount isn't too bad for two books from the UK.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I’m a huge Block fan as well as a fan of writer memoirs (in fact, I just picked up Jeff Strand’s) and books about publishing history, so this SST trifecta was a Must Have for me.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Block is an absolutely phenomenal writer, everyone unfamiliar with his stuff should go pick up something by him. HCC has published a bunch of his titles.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I’m on the fence about this one . Hopefully I can make up my mind before it sells out
    I’m also on the fence about the Block book. this sounds interesting, but I’m not familiar with Block’s work so this might wind up as a pass.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    My guess is King wrote a special introduction as he didn't co-author this volume, but did/will for the first and third volume. Would really be pleasantly surprised if he signs it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Lawrence Block is a National Living Literary Treasure, the last of the Gold medal boys. I recently read his Crime Of Our Lives, what an interesting read.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looking more forward to the 3rd Gwendy book. Paul did great work on the 1st two.
    At this point, I almost wish I had purchased the limited Gwendy's books from SST rather than CD as SST seems to be able to produce their books at a much quicker pace right now. Don't get me wrong, I love CD, but the wait for the limited of Gwendy's Magic Feather has been really annoying. I don't buy trade hardcovers if I purchase a limited; so, I still haven't been able to read the 2nd Gwendy book yet. At this point, I'm really hoping that the "exclusive bonus from Stephen King that won't appear in any other editions" that CD is supposed to be including in the limited edition will make me feel as though it has been worth the wait but am not holding my breath. If anyone has heard what that bonus content might be, I would love to know.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Looking more forward to the 3rd Gwendy book. Paul did great work on the 1st two.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I’m on the fence about this one . Hopefully I can make up my mind before it sells out

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Even though I enjoy a lot of Block's work, I rarely read memoirs; so, the new Block book from SST is an easy pass for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I don’t know if Lawrence Block was supposed to release the news and provide the link, but in his latest newsletter he provided both for an upcoming Blick memoir that’s being given the deluxe treatment by SST. I ordered a copy, and am really looking forward to it (indicates a June release).
    He was a day early, I guess. It's in today's SST newsletter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X