Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    My copy should be here soon. And I agree, really loving what SST's doing and for the price it's a bargain!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy of Mongrels from SST. Another amazing production by them. Love the cover and interior art for this one. No idea how they can offer books this good looking/well designed at this price-point but am glad that they do! Am very happy to have this on my shelf next to their edition of The Only Good Indians. Hope that they continue their recent trend of publishing limited editions for Stephen Graham Jones and publish a limited for My Heart Is A Chainsaw next. Will definitely be purchasing it if they do!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my shipping notice as well! Am very excited about this book. Hope SST keeps up the limited edition treatment for Stephen Graham Jones' books!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Just received a shipping notice for SGJ's Mongrels - Paul is on fire! I hope he has help with shipping. Sometimes SST books get to NY faster than Thunderstorm books.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Based on the Tremblay books they've published and will be publishing, it's probably a safe bet that we'll see more from Hendrix and SGJ.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    While not guaranteed, I think it's probably a solid given that we'll see SST do My Heart is a Chainsaw and Final Girls Support Group, just based on what they've published the last year or so.
    I really hope that you are correct and that SST does a limited edition for My Heart is a Chainsaw. It makes me happy to see Stephen Graham Jones' books finally getting the limited edition treatment that they deserve.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    While not guaranteed, I think it's probably a solid given that we'll see SST do My Heart is a Chainsaw and Final Girls Support Group, just based on what they've published the last year or so.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    MOON LAKE by Lansdale…I’m in. SST continues on their roll of great announcements!
    Yep, I was super happy to see this announcement too as I was really hoping that someone would do a limited for this novel. Glad SST is doing it as they have been knocking it out of the park lately. Purchased a copy immediately!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    MOON LAKE by Lansdale…I’m in. SST continues on their roll of great announcements!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Let's bring this back to SST by speculating about some future releases: I would expect them to do limiteds of SGJ's My Heart is a Chainsaw, and Grady Hendrix' Final Girls Support Group. Would also expect a matching limited of King and Chizmar's Gwendy's Final Task. Would also like a limited of Koontz' Elsewhere and McCammon's King of Shadows to match the previous volumes. That's all off the top of my head; anything else would be a surprise, right?

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Really, I was more referring to UK Trade edition publishers in general, with cheap paper and bindings, though they've gotten better. Pre all these small presses popping up, book collectors wanted American editions.
    This has not been my experience, but that may be a product of the sorts of books I go after. Everything I've gotten from Gollancz, Orbit, Harper Voyager, and Tor UK has been at least equivalent to US publishers in terms of quality. But, my collecting experience doesn't go back as far so it may be that I'm only seeing the improved situation you mention.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I like Swan River and Sarob Press. They put out interesting titles.
    Irish and French, respectively. They also came to mind when I was trying to think of other UK publishers.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I like Swan River and Sarob Press. They put out interesting titles.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

I'm a Tartarus Newbie, relatively. It's never too late! Let me help nudge you then: Their recent Machen reprint- THE HOUSE OF SOULS- is one of the finest books I own. Just gorgeous. And it's like, what? 50 bucks? http://www.tartaruspress.com/machen-...-of-souls.html
    Thinks for the tip! That’s definitely on my radar now. I’ve also been debating on that two volume slipcased Oliver Onions set…

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I'm a Tartarus Newbie, relatively. It's never too late! Let me help nudge you then: Their recent Machen reprint- THE HOUSE OF SOULS- is one of the finest books I own. Just gorgeous. And it's like, what? 50 bucks? http://www.tartaruspress.com/machen-...-of-souls.html
    Their books always look like they have value. They are mostly tales I know nothing about.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I’ve eyed multiple Tartarus books but I’ve never pulled the trigger on any of them. Temptation is now strong…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X