• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yes, Boddington and Royall.

I'll make a thread for it.
    Thanks, I’ll give it a look. I know it’s a book that many seem to love, but I haven’t read it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Is someone doing a new limited of NIGHT CIRCUS?
    Yes, Boddington and Royall.

I'll make a thread for it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I have to pass on this because of the one-two punch of Lyra's and Night Circus. But it looks really interesting!

!
    Is someone doing a new limited of NIGHT CIRCUS?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I have to pass on this because of the one-two punch of Lyra's and Night Circus. But it looks really interesting!

I initially thought that it was a novelization and not an actual new novel.

Did anybody here get the novelization or script back when Gauntlet did them? I picked it up in a sale at some point and was thrilled that it was signed by the one guy!

That's about as vague as I can be until the announcement is made public. But I'm sure those that pick this up will be thrilled!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I jumped on this as well. Think it will be a good title and, like you, hope they don't up the print run.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I was really happy to see the advance pre-order notice email from SST this morning. I like that they shoot these out to the email subscribers before actually announcing the title. I grabbed a copy right away as I suspect this one will sell out quickly. If so, I really hope SST doesn't up the print run after the fact as they chose to do with Demon Theory.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    I was really happy to see the advance pre-order notice email from SST this morning. I like that they shoot these out to the email subscribers before actually announcing the title. I grabbed a copy right away as I suspect this one will sell out quickly. If so, I really hope SST doesn't up the print run after the fact as they chose to do with Demon Theory.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Anyone else jump on the latest advance pre-order from SST from their newsletter today? It's hush hush for the general public.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    No surprise from me: Zero problem. And, I did order the book when it was 400 copies. Glad folks who missed out (as I almost did- the thing went immediately) can get a nice book they want, and I can't imagine it will have any real negative impact on owners of the "original" 400 copies.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think this situation is fundamentally different than the similar situation(s) I suspect most are thinking of in that this is a) being announced, b) being announced well in advance of publication, and c) will very likely NOT result in signature pages with different limitations. I'm 100% fine with how this is being handled.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

As a practice I don't like it and I think your option (to publish 100 extra unsigned) is a great solution for those who missed out without pissing off those who ordered a signed copy. BUT I happen to love SST so I'm playing the DOUBLE STANDARD Uno card, used by hypocrites and cheats around the internet, and claiming "I don't have a problem with it in this case!"

Seriously, though, if this was Borderlands I'd be all over it with caps lock on.

Seriously seriously though, I imagine this will be a rare instance for Paul. He may increase print runs in the future since so many seem to sell out immediately now.
    I have had nothing but positive experiences with SST and do not hesitate to support his business when he publishes a book that I have interest in. Making a habit of this would alter my views.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

As a practice I don't like it and I think your option (to publish 100 extra unsigned) is a great solution for those who missed out without pissing off those who ordered a signed copy. BUT I happen to love SST so I'm playing the DOUBLE STANDARD Uno card, used by hypocrites and cheats around the internet, and claiming "I don't have a problem with it in this case!"

Seriously, though, if this was Borderlands I'd be all over it with caps lock on.

Seriously seriously though, I imagine this will be a rare instance for Paul. He may increase print runs in the future since so many seem to sell out immediately now.
    Yeah, I happen to love me some SST too which is why I'm not cancel my order mad. I just hope that increasing the print run after the fact doesn't become a standard workaround for Paul ala Borderlands.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Yeah, am definitely annoyed, but, not enough to cancel my order. Feel like he should have made the extra 100 unsigned trade editions, but, perhaps he cannot do that per the contract. Just checked and it looks like the extra 100 copies have already sold out again; so, I'm sure SST is happy.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Yeah, am definitely annoyed, but, not enough to cancel my order. Feel like he should have made the extra 100 unsigned trade editions, but, perhaps he cannot do that per the contract. Just checked and it looks like the extra 100 copies have already sold out again; so, I'm sure SST is happy.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I have previously stated my views on the subject. So, I will just concur with Ron here.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    Print run increased after sell-out! Let the debate begin.
    Yeah, I saw that. I don’t have a dog in the fight, as I didn’t order the book, but generally speaking it’s not a practice I like to see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X