Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Anyone else hop on this weekend's "Secret Advance Preorder" title? I know I did! Wish we could be specific as I was very excited to see the 2nd book in this trilogy being offered for pre-order. They did a great job with the 1st book! Also got to love SST's prices. Was able to pick-up the limited w/international shipping for $63!
    Last edited by sholloman81; 11-21-2022, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my shipping notice from SST for Gwendy's Final Task! Am super excited to see this one finally shipping! I had previously decided to wait until the (LE) Final Task was received and then give the series a straight read-through. I normally would have read each book as they came out; however, since CD had delayed Magic Feather so much, I decided to just hold off on reading it and complete the trilogy all at once.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone pick-up the new SST pre-order. I pretty much adore all things Lansdale; so, it was a must for me! Also really like the cover for this one!
    No, I have a signed tpb of the collection, and that’ll have to do.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Anyone pick-up the new SST pre-order. I pretty much adore all things Lansdale; so, it was a must for me! Also really like the cover for this one!
    I haven't picked it up yet. I'm hoping that Camelot gets copies. I really want it, though!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. I was highly tempted to go for this as well. I ultimately passed but with regret.

So happy to have scored a copy of Unbury Carol from SST this morning. I passed on the Malerman bundle when it was first announced since I already have Bird Box/Malorie from DRP. Just can't do multiple copies of the same book anymore as I'm lacking the space and money to justify it. Since I don't have a copy of Unbury Carol yet, this was a must for me! Great way to start my Friday!!!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    So happy to have scored a copy of Unbury Carol from SST this morning. I passed on the Malerman bundle when it was first announced since I already have Bird Box/Malorie from DRP. Just can't do multiple copies of the same book anymore as I'm lacking the space and money to justify it. Since I don't have a copy of Unbury Carol yet, this was a must for me! Great way to start my Friday!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Never even heard of a sour. Interesting.

No idea what they taste like but the name is fairly gross TBH.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Here's the beer I've been enjoying the last few days - grabbed it on a recent trip to New York (I think I've seen it here before but didn't buy it at the time.)

20220722_012229343_iOS.jpg

Always a fan of anything unicorn, but I've been really getting into sours the last year and beginning to leave the IPAs behind (I still enjoy a nice IPA though, but sours are where it's at right now.)

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Here's the beer I've been enjoying the last few days - grabbed it on a recent trip to New York (I think I've seen it here before but didn't buy it at the time.)

20220722_012229343_iOS.jpg

Always a fan of anything unicorn, but I've been really getting into sours the last year and beginning to leave the IPAs behind (I still enjoy a nice IPA though, but sours are where it's at right now.)

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I really just like the pony bottles. The beer is kind of secondary.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I have opinions about your fancy beer . . .

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I have opinions about your fancy beer . . .

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    How long since I last bought a book? I bought this. My budget doesn't really allow for books at this point however I did it anyway. Cancel a few taco Tuesdays and buy PBR in lieu of something fancy, like the banquet beer, and boom I now have pre-ordered another book.

I feel good about the purchase but hadn't read the book. I hope it's good but I do know that SST will produce I nice edition.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Was there an official announcement? Odd, I got the initial one, but didn't receive the later/official one.

As far as the sell-through, perhaps it's because she hasn't established her collectability in the marketplace yet, so people are shy to invest in a book that many have already read. That said, Lividian did it with Catariona Ward and Suntup did with Ania Ahlborn, so there goes that theory. No idea why. I passed because I just have to start putting some parameters on my buying, so, for better or worse, I'm now sticking to tried and true authors. That said (again), though, I preordered SST's THE LIVING DEAD by Daniel Kraus and George A. Romero, so there again I blow that idea. Collecting books is a very imprecise science.
    I didn't see an official announcement, but, to be honest, I never do with SST. I assumed it was officially announced because it's on their homepage and Camelot has copies posted for sale.

I have thought about sticking with the "tried and true" but I love finding new authors, so that idea always flies out the window.

For some reason, I didn't jump on THE LIVING DEAD and now I can't find it anywhere for sale. I have no idea why I passed. I think there was some budgetary issues at the time.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Man, I'm surprised THE HUNGER by Alma Katsu hasn't sold out yet. Maybe I'm off, but this seemed like a pretty big announcement. Are people to sleeping on SST? If this was a CD or Sub Press title, I'd think it would have sold out by now.
    Was there an official announcement? Odd, I got the initial one, but didn't receive the later/official one.

As far as the sell-through, perhaps it's because she hasn't established her collectability in the marketplace yet, so people are shy to invest in a book that many have already read. That said, Lividian did it with Catariona Ward and Suntup did with Ania Ahlborn, so there goes that theory. No idea why. I passed because I just have to start putting some parameters on my buying, so, for better or worse, I'm now sticking to tried and true authors. That said (again), though, I preordered SST's THE LIVING DEAD by Daniel Kraus and George A. Romero, so there again I blow that idea. Collecting books is a very imprecise science.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Man, I'm surprised THE HUNGER by Alma Katsu hasn't sold out yet. Maybe I'm off, but this seemed like a pretty big announcement. Are people to sleeping on SST? If this was a CD or Sub Press title, I'd think it would have sold out by now.
    To be honest, I'm surprised too considering how much hype this book generated when it was first released. I believe it was even recommended by Stephen King. Add in that it is also only 50 bucks, and it feels like a steal to me. I don't know how SST can continue to offer their limited editions at that price-point, but, God bless em. Feels like most other publishers' limited editions are now starting in the 100-200 range. I never sleep on SST releases as I love what they are doing over there and have never once been disappointed by a purchase. I've gladly pre-ordered everything they've offered so far this year. Between the price-point, titles offered, quality of production, extra features/bonus content, as well as how quickly they're able to actually produce and ship their books, ordering from SST is a no-brainer for me!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X