SST Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Somehow I missed this. I have had this book on my radar for some time. I believe I first heard of it here. I read and enjoyed "The Angels" but never connected the two.
    I enjoyed THE ANGELS but didn’t care for HALCYON, so I guess WESTLAKE SOUL will be the tiebreaker.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I wanted to read The Angels but wasn't able to purchase it. I hadn't really chased the author as I didn't want to ruin my love for Westlake Soul. Fairly selfish, on my part, but I didn't want to ruin my opinion his/her work.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I enjoyed THE ANGELS but didn’t care for HALCYON, so I guess WESTLAKE SOUL will be the tiebreaker.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

To be a little introspective I am not thinking of quality of production value here. I am thinking of honoring an awesome story with a signed H/C. Weird that I am not concerned about the quality of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          To be a little introspective I am not thinking of quality of production value here. I am thinking of honoring an awesome story with a signed H/C. Weird that I am not concerned about the quality of the book.
          Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.

Comment

I have searched for a HC in the past with no luck. I will look again. Thanks!

A link would be helpful. I just haven't ever heard of this or ran across one.

Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will
            undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.
            Last edited by Ben Staad; 02-12-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Chizine published a signed/#d HC of it, along with the plentiful tpbs. In fact, there was one on eBay a few days ago for $55. This SST edition will undoubtedly be much nicer, though won’t be the true 1st limited HC.
              Not to take away from SST, but I'd be surprised if their edition was, strictly speaking, nicer. For all their faults, Chizine did a bang-up job on their limiteds, which was why it was so disappointing when they decided to stop making them.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                Not to take away from SST, but I'd be surprised if their edition was, strictly speaking, nicer. For all their faults, Chizine did a bang-up job on their limiteds, which was why it was so disappointing when they decided to stop making them.
                I don’t disagree, as I have several of their signed/limited hardcovers, and they’re very nice. But the fact that the SST edition is going to be oversized, printed in two colors throughout, and illustrated suggested to me that it will be the nicer edition. Larger print run, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  I have searched for a HC in the past with no luck. I will look again. Thanks!

A link would be helpful. I just haven't ever heard of this or ran across one.
                  I couldn’t find it either, so searched under sold listings. Apparently it sold on February 7…here is the auction number that you can search to see it: 264591321278

Comment

I must be retarded. I can't find this listing under advanced search. Now I am curious what it looks like.

I couldn’t find it either, so searched under sold listings. Apparently it sold on February 7…here is the auction number that you can search to see it: 264591321278

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

Anyone get today’s email for the private preorder? I jumped on it of course. Even though I shouldn’t be spending a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Anyone get today’s email for the private preorder? I jumped on it of course. Even though I shouldn’t be spending a dime.
                          I got the link and will definitely be jumping on board, even though like you said, I shouldn't be spending a dime.

Comment

Yep, I’m on board.

Comment

I'm at work now. Probably order it when I get home so I can grab a code to save a few bucks

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                I'm at work now. Probably order it when I get home so I can grab a code to save a few bucks
                                Right! I'm sure I have one of those little cards lying around somewhere. Now where are you hiding . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X