Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Man, I'm surprised THE HUNGER by Alma Katsu hasn't sold out yet. Maybe I'm off, but this seemed like a pretty big announcement. Are people to sleeping on SST? If this was a CD or Sub Press title, I'd think it would have sold out by now.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Hahaha, waayy too good. Nothing nearly that sexy or cosmopolitan, no smoking jackets or snifters of brandy…it was just a Powell’s Bookstore event with Tremblay and Stewart O’Nan that was held over Zoom, with a bit of Q & A at the end where I snuck in my SST question. Sorry to shatter the illusion.
    Way to bust my bubble, Ron! I was so excited about your imaginary life and everything.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Guess I need to pay more attention to my Powell's emails. That one sounds interesting.
    It was an interesting and entertaining hour, watching two of my preferred authors talking about writing.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Hahaha, waayy too good. Nothing nearly that sexy or cosmopolitan, no smoking jackets or snifters of brandy…it was just a Powell’s Bookstore event with Tremblay and Stewart O’Nan that was held over Zoom, with a bit of Q & A at the end where I snuck in my SST question. Sorry to shatter the illusion.
    Guess I need to pay more attention to my Powell's emails. That one sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I agree. That's absolutely what Ron's doing at night. In my head, it's mostly one-on-ones, but sometimes it's like those Masters of Horror dinners that Mick Garris used to hold, but with horror authors over Zoom. Our imaginary life for Ron is pretty good, I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I'm sure this was probably some sort of event that Tremblay was doing, but I can't get the image out of my head of Ron just spending his evenings chilling on Zoom hangouts with horror authors!
    I agree. That's absolutely what Ron's doing at night. In my head, it's mostly one-on-ones, but sometimes it's like those Masters of Horror dinners that Mick Garris used to hold, but with horror authors over Zoom. Our imaginary life for Ron is pretty good, I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

No worries, I know *exactly* what you mean. I suspect we’re not the only two around here who would.
    That's why this place is the best!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I also personally confirmed with Tremblay last night over Zoom that SST will indeed be doing a limited of it.
    I'm sure this was probably some sort of event that Tremblay was doing, but I can't get the image out of my head of Ron just spending his evenings chilling on Zoom hangouts with horror authors!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

True, but for me, the complete inconsistency would somehow make it okay. Almost by discarding the notion of uniformity in its entirety allows the mismatched set to somehow feel complete. While on the other hand, my set would be so close to matching that the number deviation feels more severe. I can't explain why my collector's brain processes it that way, but it does.
    No worries, I know *exactly* what you mean. I suspect we’re not the only two around here who would.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

It could be worse… I don’t even have the SST editions of either DEVIL ROCK or CABIN (just signed trade 1st HCs) and of course none of my SST books have matching numbers, so it’s a bit of an inconsistent mess.
    True, but for me, the complete inconsistency would somehow make it okay. Almost by discarding the notion of uniformity in its entirety allows the mismatched set to somehow feel complete. While on the other hand, my set would be so close to matching that the number deviation feels more severe. I can't explain why my collector's brain processes it that way, but it does.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    This was an easy decision for me. I pulled the trigger quickly. There was a lot of buzz around this book when it was first announced so it was on my radar anyways. I might have passed if this was a $135+ Suntup offering, but at SST's super-affordable price point, it was a done deal.

I am kicking myself now that I'm hearing we're getting another Tremblay from SST. I've been getting matching numbers through Camelot, but once we got to the "Sleep" books, I passed as I already had the Thunderstorm editions and just don't like to do multiple editions of books. Now, I that their doing another I might be able to snag a copy, but it won't be my number...
    It could be worse… I don’t even have the SST editions of either DEVIL ROCK or CABIN (just signed trade 1st HCs) and of course none of my SST books have matching numbers, so it’s a bit of an inconsistent mess.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    This was an easy decision for me. I pulled the trigger quickly. There was a lot of buzz around this book when it was first announced so it was on my radar anyways. I might have passed if this was a $135+ Suntup offering, but at SST's super-affordable price point, it was a done deal.

I am kicking myself now that I'm hearing we're getting another Tremblay from SST. I've been getting matching numbers through Camelot, but once we got to the "Sleep" books, I passed as I already had the Thunderstorm editions and just don't like to do multiple editions of books. Now, I that their doing another I might be able to snag a copy, but it won't be my number...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Wasn't me who mention it as I know nothing. I am on the fence, leaning against todays offering as it is not an author or story I know much about. The reasonable price my swing me to give it a try though.
    The more I think about it, I think I might’ve been TacomaDiver. Or not. Either way, they are doing PALLBEARERS CLUB, and I hope to snag a copy whenever it’s offered. This new one, though…still not sure yet.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

It’s one I’ve always been curious about and have meant to read, but just never got around to it. Haven’t decided yet if this is the edition I need to finally do so.

I was hoping it was going to be THE PALLBEARERS CLUB, but no such luck (yet). Martin (?) mentioned they’d be doing one, and I also personally confirmed with Tremblay last night over Zoom that SST will indeed be doing a limited of it.
    Wasn't me who mention it as I know nothing. I am on the fence, leaning against todays offering as it is not an author or story I know much about. The reasonable price my swing me to give it a try though.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone else receive the secret email this morning? Book looks interesting but I hadn't read it. Anyone read this one and is it good?
    Yep, I received it too. I am on the fence about it. Book has received a ton of accolades; however, there is just something that has been holding me back from given this author a shot. A part of me is hoping for a quick sell-out!

In terms of Ron's post, I'm glad to hear the Tremblay book is getting the SST treatment. Will be nice to keep the SST Tremblay set going. Hope he can keep the same artist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X