X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I had ultimately passed on this one despite being a fan of both Tremblay and SST due to the rather poor reviews it received. Curious as to your thoughts when you get around to reading it.

That book was one of the worst pieces of shit that I have ever read. I reviewed it on Goodreads, and I have around three hundred comments agreeing with me, so I don't feel like I'm alone in that assessment, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just got my shipped notice for the LE of Paul Tremblay's "The Pallbearer's Club". Will be interesting to finally read this story as this book seems pretty divisive among reviewers. I've enjoyed all of Tremblay's other books; so, I'm holding out hope that I'll enjoy this one too!
    I had ultimately passed on this one despite being a fan of both Tremblay and SST due to the rather poor reviews it received. Curious as to your thoughts when you get around to reading it.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my shipped notice for the LE of Paul Tremblay's "The Pallbearer's Club". Will be interesting to finally read this story as this book seems pretty divisive among reviewers. I've enjoyed all of Tremblay's other books; so, I'm holding out hope that I'll enjoy this one too!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Thanks for the review on the slipcases! I really, really wanted to get in on these, but it seems like every publisher is pushing out titles as the year comes to an end and you can't have it all, right?

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

How are the slipcases? I passed on them, but was curious as to how they'd turn out.
    I feel like they turned out pretty well. They seem very sturdy. Feels exactly like/reminds me of the type of slipcases that CD uses. They do have some extra space so that you can add a mylar cover to the books, which is perfect for me. For those who don't add covers, they may not enjoy that extra space. Overall, I'm glad to have picked them up. Will be interested to see if Paul does it with any of his other books. Since he's still doing the Tremblay books, I could see them getting the slipcase treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Just received my copy of Don't Fear the Reaper, as well as the optional slipcases for both this one and My Heart Is A Chainsaw.  This Stephen Graham Jones SST set is coming along nicely!!!
    How are the slipcases? I passed on them, but was curious as to how they'd turn out.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copy of Don't Fear the Reaper, as well as the optional slipcases for both this one and My Heart Is A Chainsaw.  This Stephen Graham Jones SST set is coming along nicely!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Ordered. I'm broke and loving every minute of it! LOL.

I guess we can talk about the new announcement now since it's on Camelot's front page.

I am very happy that we're getting a new limited of Cold In July. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm excited to do so. And it sounds like we'll be getting more older Lansdale titles from SST moving forward. I am with joejets in that I want me a full set of Hap and Leonard books, thank you very much.

I will also say that if anyone has not seen the movie version of Cold in July, I highly recommend it. I can't say how it compares to the book, but I will say that it feels like Lansdale, through and through. Such a good movie. Looking forward to reading the book!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I guess we can talk about the new announcement now since it's on Camelot's front page.

I am very happy that we're getting a new limited of Cold In July. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm excited to do so. And it sounds like we'll be getting more older Lansdale titles from SST moving forward. I am with joejets in that I want me a full set of Hap and Leonard books, thank you very much.

I will also say that if anyone has not seen the movie version of Cold in July, I highly recommend it. I can't say how it compares to the book, but I will say that it feels like Lansdale, through and through. Such a good movie. Looking forward to reading the book!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    I am hoping this becomes a full set of Hap and Leonard books that match.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Man, I'd like to be able to get those slipcases. Just don't know if I can swing right now.

Also, I really like this week's newsletter...
    Yeah, the slipcases were unexpected; so, they did throw my book budget off a bit this month; however, I felt like I couldn't pass since I have Reaper on pre-order (and own the other title). With the free shipping, I figured there will never be a better time to pick them up, especially as Paul is only doing enough for about half the run. I'm really hoping Paul will consider doing more slipcases in the future, at least for his other SGJ books. In terms of the newsletter, I'm really torn. I do love the title very much, but I feel like this is one of the rare instances where I would be just as happy with my trade copy, especially as the main selling point, to me, for the new one is the art as there isn't any bonus features or extra content listed in the description. I also love the artwork for the Ziesing 1st edition that I already own. What has me torn is that I will probably want other books in this classic series and am hoping that passing on this one won't block a future purchase for some of the others; also, the completist in me thinks a full uniform LE set would be very cool. Not sure where I will end up on this...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Man, I'd like to be able to get those slipcases. Just don't know if I can swing right now.

Also, I really like this week's newsletter...

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just in case you don't receive the newsletter, Paul sent out the email below regarding slipcases for the recent Stephen Graham Jones' books...

I have some great news! I’m having slipcases produced for some SST titles and I’m starting with Stephen Graham Jones’s MY HEART IS A CHAINSAW and DON’T FEAR THE REAPER.

The slipcases are covered in a deluxe material with foil stamping on the front and spine and will look great with your book and protect it from any damage.

Both slipcases are already in production and will hopefully ship together at the end of October/beginning of November.

If you’ve ordered DON’T FEAR THE REAPER directly from SST, you should have received a direct email yesterday with an exclusive offer on both slipcases. As I will be shipping them together with the REAPER books you won’t have to pay any extra for shipping, and if you’re in the UK you won’t have to pay any VAT on the slipcases.

Books and slipcased books are zero rated VAT, but if a slipcase is sold on its own, I have to charge and pay VAT on them. But shipping them together with your REAPER book makes them zero rated VAT.

Here is your exclusive link to preorder both slipcases:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/chains...slipcases.html

Usually, I’d say please don’t share this email with anyone, but please feel free to share it with someone who you think would like these slipcases.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Was there any bonus material in that one? I wasn't a fan of the novel itself, so I skipped it. But I'm always curious in bonus material.
    I only thumbed through it briefly, but if I remember correctly, I don't think that there was bonus material for this edition. Mainly just extra artwork, better paper, binding, etc. I haven't read Daphne since its' release day; however, I remember liking it a lot, but I've pretty much liked everything Malerman has written so far.   

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Just received my copy of Daphne from SST. Turned out great as usual. Don't know how Paul can keep churning out awesome books at this price point, but my wallet thanks him!
    Was there any bonus material in that one? I wasn't a fan of the novel itself, so I skipped it. But I'm always curious in bonus material.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X