Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuggers
    replied
    I got mine in a little less time than I expected but that box had been through hell (books were fine though!)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I still haven't seen my books that I got shipping notification for back on February 21st.

I'm going to send off an email and ask Paul if I should be worried. Never had anything take this long before so I'm hoping it's just an anomaly.
    I’d give it a bit more time before becoming concerned …two weeks doesn’t seem like a long wait for international mail these days.

EDIT: Sorry, I was off a month…thought it had been two weeks, not six.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-05-2024, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I still haven't seen my books that I got shipping notification for back on February 21st.

I'm going to send off an email and ask Paul if I should be worried. Never had anything take this long before so I'm hoping it's just an anomaly.

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    Has anyone who was still waiting on Cold in July received theirs yet? I ordered the grab bag/sampler pack SST put out last week and that one already arrived, but still waiting for Cold in July.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

Thanks for trying to set my mind at ease.

I know that untracked Royal Mail to the US says they aim for 42 day delivery, but I've never experienced that before. Paul was going through some family things, so maybe the actual mailing of the parcels was delayed. I know other publishers have taken weeks after generating a tracking number (your order has shipped!) before actually mailing the item.
    Still waiting on mine as well, same Feb 21 ship date. Was starting to get a little nervous about it, but guess these are just on a "slow boat".

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I received my copy of The Pallbearer's Club last week; so, hopefully, you'll see your copy soon. I have had some of their books in the past take that whole 40-day delivery window, but that's only happened once or twice. Normally it takes SST books about two weeks to reach me once shipped. That being said, I currently have something else shipping internationally and it's been stuck awaiting clearance in customs for over a week with no movement; so, maybe there's a back-up in international mail at the moment for some reason.
    International delivery is so spotty at best. Makes USPS seem super reliable, and that's spotty at best too. I've had some books sent via DHL that got here in two days, and then some books from LA that took a month via Priority to Denver.

Also have a book that was sent from UK that's been in Customs in LA for about 10 days - it'll get here soon.

SST's deliveries are always surprises. I get a shipping notice, they don't show on my Informed Delivery service, and randomly they show up.

Fingers crossed this is the week!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

I know that untracked Royal Mail to the US says they aim for 42 day delivery, but I've never experienced that before. Paul was going through some family things, so maybe the actual mailing of the parcels was delayed. I know other publishers have taken weeks after generating a tracking number (your order has shipped!) before actually mailing the item.
    I received my copy of The Pallbearer's Club last week; so, hopefully, you'll see your copy soon. I have had some of their books in the past take that whole 40-day delivery window, but that's only happened once or twice. Normally it takes SST books about two weeks to reach me once shipped. That being said, I currently have something else shipping internationally and it's been stuck awaiting clearance in customs for over a week with no movement; so, maybe there's a back-up in international mail at the moment for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Boggle Champion View Post

I'm still waiting on my copy of Cold in July to arrive as well, and I think I received my shipping notification earlier than that. Just last Sunday was the update from SST that all copies have been shipped, so perhaps the package only got picked up last weekend?

I'm going to give it another week or so, and I'll post back here when the box arrives.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Have you read Malorie by Malerman? Worse than that?!
    Haven't read MALORIE yet, but, in an odd coincidence, I almost started reading it yesterday on my KIndle, but went for Malerman's SPIN A BLACK YARN instead. Your post is making me think that was a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    For anyone who ordered The Pallbearer's Club and/or Cold In July - have you received your copies yet?

I got shipping notifications on 21 February, and haven't received the package yet. I've never had any issue with books from SST not getting here, so this is definitely an outlier. When should I start getting concerned?
    I'm still waiting on my copy of Cold in July to arrive as well, and I think I received my shipping notification earlier than that. Just last Sunday was the update from SST that all copies have been shipped, so perhaps the package only got picked up last weekend?

I'm going to give it another week or so, and I'll post back here when the box arrives.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

That book was one of the worst pieces of shit that I have ever read. I reviewed it on Goodreads, and I have around three hundred comments agreeing with me, so I don't feel like I'm alone in that assessment, lol.
    Have you read Malorie by Malerman? Worse than that?!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    For anyone who ordered The Pallbearer's Club and/or Cold In July - have you received your copies yet?

I got shipping notifications on 21 February, and haven't received the package yet. I've never had any issue with books from SST not getting here, so this is definitely an outlier. When should I start getting concerned?

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Yeah, but why don't you tell us what you really feel? LOL. This is the reaction that's held me at bay for buying the book.

By the way, I finally clicked on the link to your blog and really enjoyed your review on CAPTAIN MARVEL. I agree on a lot of what you wrote. You also got me wanting to track down that omnibus to EX MACHINA!

So YOU are the one that went to my blog, lol! Thanks for looking...for awhile I was consumed with writing reviews of books and movies and comics, and then one day I just...couldn't be bothered. I wish I still had the time and the desire to do it. As I inch closer to death with each day, I just want to read all of the backlog of books that I have, and keep my comments to myself. Unless I really hate something, like the Tremblay book. Which I believe is reviewed somewhere on the blog. And yes, you should read EX MACHINA, it was a blast!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

That book was one of the worst pieces of shit that I have ever read. I reviewed it on Goodreads, and I have around three hundred comments agreeing with me, so I don't feel like I'm alone in that assessment, lol.
    Yeah, but why don't you tell us what you really feel? LOL. This is the reaction that's held me at bay for buying the book.

By the way, I finally clicked on the link to your blog and really enjoyed your review on CAPTAIN MARVEL. I agree on a lot of what you wrote. You also got me wanting to track down that omnibus to EX MACHINA!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I had ultimately passed on this one despite being a fan of both Tremblay and SST due to the rather poor reviews it received. Curious as to your thoughts when you get around to reading it.
    Will post a review for sure once I get around to reading it. I'm tempering my expectations for sure!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X