X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeStegs
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I got a shipping notice today, but it's coming by "Heavily Discounted Int. Economy Shipping (Royal Mail)", which could mean it's attached to a migrating seagull and might make it here by Christmas.
    A few packages I’ve received recently by Royal Mail have taken about 2 - 3 weeks to arrive so that might be a reasonable estimate. I’ve had a couple longer delays since the beginning of Covid but things seem to be coming a bit quicker now.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I should be getting a shipping notice. So when I start it depends on how soon I get it. I've been intrigued by this one for a long time.
    I got a shipping notice today, but it's coming by "Heavily Discounted Int. Economy Shipping (Royal Mail)", which could mean it's attached to a migrating seagull and might make it here by Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

WESTLAKE SOUL has my vote. THE SILENCE is still in my TBR and I love Tim Lebbon's work and I very much enjoyed BEHIND HER EYES (that's the type of book that you wish were a movie so you could sit in the audience and watch everyone's reactions as the story unfolds), but WESTLAKE SOUL was such a good pleasant surprise that I want everyone to read it.
    I should be getting a shipping notice. So when I start it depends on how soon I get it. I've been intrigued by this one for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I have too many books to read next! I'm gonna finish Touch the Night and then read Neuromancer and then this? The Silence? Behind Her Eyes? WHAT?
    WESTLAKE SOUL has my vote. THE SILENCE is still in my TBR and I love Tim Lebbon's work and I very much enjoyed BEHIND HER EYES (that's the type of book that you wish were a movie so you could sit in the audience and watch everyone's reactions as the story unfolds), but WESTLAKE SOUL was such a good pleasant surprise that I want everyone to read it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I have too many books to read next! I'm gonna finish Touch the Night and then read Neuromancer and then this? The Silence? Behind Her Eyes? WHAT?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    It looks like this one should be showing up on our doorsteps before too long.

Westlake Soul.jpg
    Got my shipping notification today. Very excited to add this to my collection. Such a great book.

Leave a comment:

• fanatic
    replied
    Yessssss!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied

Westlake Soul.jpg
    This is great news. One of my favorite books. Really can't wait to get this in my grubby little hands

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Great news -- looking forward to this one.

And speaking of SST...I've complimented Paul before, but need to do it again. I'm currently reading SST's S/L HC edition Paul Tremblay's GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES, and it's just a pleasure. The quality of the fiction aside, the font is comfortable and the page margins are easy on the eyes, the proofreading seems top-notch (save for one absent original-copyright notice), the color and weight of paper stock is warm and substantial (but not too much on either point), and so on...Paul really knows how to deliver a very pleasant and satisfying reading experience, and is right up there with Subterranean and Centipede in that basic regard, which is very impressive, given that SST has only been around for a comparatively short while.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied

Westlake Soul.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I would have like Paperbacks from Hell as well. I assume that the amount of art would have made it cost prohibitive.
    Or maybe because of Valencourt books publishing the PFH series it was not doable at this time

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

The ebook is awesome. Tons of extra stuff. The only thing that would make this set even better is if it included Paperbacks From Hell. I’ve been really impressed with Grady Hendrix.
    I would have like Paperbacks from Hell as well. I assume that the amount of art would have made it cost prohibitive.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    "My Best Friend's Exorcism" is one of my favorite books of the last ten years.
    The ebook is awesome. Tons of extra stuff. The only thing that would make this set even better is if it included Paperbacks From Hell. I’ve been really impressed with Grady Hendrix.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    "My Best Friend's Exorcism" is one of my favorite books of the last ten years.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Good to see a lot of people are scooping up the bundle option.
    I haven't read the guy yet either but I was so impressed with the production of Gwendy's Magic Feather that I had to have this set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X