X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Sounds like a new announcement is coming our way from SST on Monday. I’m wondering what it’ll be. It’s supposed to be “very special”. Paul’s been killing it so I’m very excited to see what it is. Still kinda hoping that he’ll go back and do the rest of the Matthew Corbett series.
    Yes please! I would LOVE for him to do the other Corbett books.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Sounds like a new announcement is coming our way from SST on Monday. I’m wondering what it’ll be. It’s supposed to be “very special”. Paul’s been killing it so I’m very excited to see what it is. Still kinda hoping that he’ll go back and do the rest of the Matthew Corbett series.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Not my jam, either but I’m glad others are into it. I kinda wish it was my bag because the price is good and I like to support SST. Congrats to all who got it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Not my thing, either, so also passed. Getting ready to read WESTLAKE SOUL shortly, though.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I’m passing. Not my thing. But I did get a shipping notice for Wet Ju Ju

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    I too ordered the lettered offered today. Good price on the book and shipping!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    If SST continues with Koontz, it seems most likely that they do "Elswhere" next (his fall 2020 book) and "The Other Emily", his Spring 2021 book.
    Am waiting for an SST announcement for Lansdale's "Of Mice and Minestrone", a logical follow-up to "Big Book of Hap & Leonard" and "Blood and Lemonade".

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I just ordered the Lettered Edition of today's offering. It sounds like a nice book for the price.

Just noticed it's not a confidential email, so here's the link - https://sstpublications.co.uk/Refractions.html
    Last edited by Dave1442397; 12-08-2020, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well Paul has shipped a replacement copy of Westlake Soul. Although it is bummer that I am over a month waiting but Paul has been nothing but responsive and quick to remedy a situation that is out of his control!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Broke down and ordered a copy of DEVOTED from Camelot. I really like SST and I don’t have a Koontz limited yet, so...

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I want (new) limiteds of Fear Nothing and Seize the Night followed immediately by the long-awaited release of Ride the Storm.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, since it's on SST's home page now, I think it's safe to spill the beans that the book is DEVOTED by Dean Koontz.

I think this is a real coup for SST. Koontz limiteds have recently only gone through Charnel House, so to have some something come out by another press is pretty cool. The price is relatively reasonable as well. I haven't read a Koontz book in FOREVER. I do have ODD THOMAS and THE FUNHOUSE in my TBR pile, but they've been in it for years. Koontz gets a bad rap, but when his stuff hits, it's a fun read.

With the way that SST likes to do bundles of books by authors, maybe this will be the beginning of a "Koontz Books About Dogs" trilogy, starting with DEVOTED, followed by THE DARKEST EVENING OF THE YEAR, and ending with WATCHERS. I doubt that's in the cards, but, man, I'd like a WATCHERS limited. Even if the book doesn't hold up to my memories ("Fiddle broke" about killed me when I read it back in high school), I'd snatch it up for nostalgia's sake.

As far as this one, I'm still hanging out on that fence. A Koontz limited for a decent price, leather-bound, and some nice cover art...
    Yeah, I went for it when I saw the FB post this morning. I have way too many books on order! I've run out of shelf space again

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, since it's on SST's home page now, I think it's safe to spill the beans that the book is DEVOTED by Dean Koontz.

I think this is a real coup for SST. Koontz limiteds have recently only gone through Charnel House, so to have some something come out by another press is pretty cool. The price is relatively reasonable as well. I haven't read a Koontz book in FOREVER. I do have ODD THOMAS and THE FUNHOUSE in my TBR pile, but they've been in it for years. Koontz gets a bad rap, but when his stuff hits, it's a fun read.

With the way that SST likes to do bundles of books by authors, maybe this will be the beginning of a "Koontz Books About Dogs" trilogy, starting with DEVOTED, followed by THE DARKEST EVENING OF THE YEAR, and ending with WATCHERS. I doubt that's in the cards, but, man, I'd like a WATCHERS limited. Even if the book doesn't hold up to my memories ("Fiddle broke" about killed me when I read it back in high school), I'd snatch it up for nostalgia's sake.

As far as this one, I'm still hanging out on that fence. A Koontz limited for a decent price, leather-bound, and some nice cover art...

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I can't afford to get that one, especially since I'm not a huge fan of the author. But I hope it is a quick sellout for Paul. And I'm very jealous that it's leather bound!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Anyone here gonna be buying what was announced today? I thought that was pretty cool
    I'm never read the author but I was so impressed with Gwendy books that I might have to order this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X